Pods Storage Question

Balance

Has anyone here used one of those temporary portable storage services like Pods Storage or Door to Door? How was your experience with them?

We're looking for a place to store some of our stuff when we put our place on the market, and it seems like a good idea to just have the company drop off a storage container at our place, we fill it, they pick it up and store it, and then they deliver it to our new place when we're ready for it.

I'm looking to see if anyone has anything good or bad to say about them....

QUOTE(Balance @ Apr 18, 2007 -> 11:34 AM)
Has anyone here used one of those temporary portable storage services like Pods Storage or Door to Door? How was your experience with them?

We're looking for a place to store some of our stuff when we put our place on the market, and it seems like a good idea to just have the company drop off a storage container at our place, we fill it, they pick it up and store it, and then they deliver it to our new place when we're ready for it.

I'm looking to see if anyone has anything good or bad to say about them....

I've never done it, but if it's a good price and it seems like a reputable company, the idea is a good one.

My company does a lot of property flipping and we use them to hold all of our staging furniture while were in construction. Ive never had a problem with them. Theyre very prompt and weve never had a problem with anything missing or being damaged. If the price is good for you i would recommend using them.

Being a big fan of puns I've had a lot of fun using the name of this service while attending ball games.

"So what do you guys think of Pods?" while sipping on a cold one.

"No, I meant the service where you can store items in front of your home"

I'd generally get a groan but I laugh inside.

Edited by BigSqwert

QUOTE(DrunkBomber @ Apr 19, 2007 -> 02:58 PM)
My company does a lot of property flipping and we use them to hold all of our staging furniture while were in construction. Ive never had a problem with them. Theyre very prompt and weve never had a problem with anything missing or being damaged. If the price is good for you i would recommend using them.

Was that Pods Storage or was that Door to Door?

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Apr 19, 2007 -> 03:22 PM)
Being a big fan of puns I've had a lot of fun using the name of this service while attending ball games.

"So what do you guys think of Pods?" while sipping on a cold one.

"No, I meant the service where you can store items in front of your home"

I'd generally get a groan but I laugh inside.

I think you and I would get along! :D