Stupid, idiotic commercials.

Kid Gleason

The "Rock The Casbah" phone commercial: This one wins out for stupid. It's the guys who are showing how easy it is to download a song on your new phone. Neither one of them know what is being said during the chorus, one thinks it is "Lock the cashbox" or something of the sort. What makes this so incredibly stupid is somehow these guys were able to download the song even though the phrase they can't understand IS THE TITLE OF THE DAMN SONG!!!

Dos Equis: It's the one with the "Most Interesting Man In The World". When our hero finally speaks, he says "I don't always drink beer, but when I do, I drink Dos Equis". Now this tells me the guy doesn't drink beer often, so why should I trust some guy who doesn't drink beer to tell me what is good beer? He obviously is NOT an expert, so he probably just wants something a little refreshing, not tasty.

McDonalds and their in-expensive food: The one where the guy keeps placing his change in the jar until the shelf collapses. I guess somehow getting change back equates to food not costing much. But if something costs $99.50, and I pay with a $100 bill, I will still get change back. Shouldn't the commercial show the guy constantly going to the change jar to get money, and then coming home with a sack of food?

These commercials just bug me for their own stupidity. What commercials can you think of that defy logic? I'm not talking about annoying cavemen and kings, but ones that just don't make sense.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Apr 18, 2007 -> 03:37 PM)
The "Rock The Casbah" phone commercial: This one wins out for stupid. It's the guys who are showing how easy it is to download a song on your new phone. Neither one of them know what is being said during the chorus, one thinks it is "Lock the cashbox" or something of the sort. What makes this so incredibly stupid is somehow these guys were able to download the song even though the phrase they can't understand IS THE TITLE OF THE DAMN SONG!!!

Dos Equis: It's the one with the "Most Interesting Man In The World". When our hero finally speaks, he says "I don't always drink beer, but when I do, I drink Dos Equis". Now this tells me the guy doesn't drink beer often, so why should I trust some guy who doesn't drink beer to tell me what is good beer? He obviously is NOT an expert, so he probably just wants something a little refreshing, not tasty.

McDonalds and their in-expensive food: The one where the guy keeps placing his change in the jar until the shelf collapses. I guess somehow getting change back equates to food not costing much. But if something costs $99.50, and I pay with a $100 bill, I will still get change back. Shouldn't the commercial show the guy constantly going to the change jar to get money, and then coming home with a sack of food?

These commercials just bug me for their own stupidity. What commercials can you think of that defy logic? I'm not talking about annoying cavemen and kings, but ones that just don't make sense.

The McDonalds Dollar Menunairres is the most annoying commercial ever. I want those people dead. lol

McDonald's commercials have been really, really annoying since "I'm loving it" started several years ago.

I've begun boycotting companies if their commercials are stupid/ annoy me enough.

I really don't understand how some people in marketing keep jobs based on the crap they put out.

This is a great idea for a thread by the way...The most ridiculous commercial I can think of is a Hanes commercial with a bunch of guys playing dodgeball, yes dogeball wearing nothing but Hanes underwear.

I thought this was so ridiculous that I asked one of my friends who was in a marketing class in college what the hell they must have been thinking and all they could come up with was maybe they did that because they thought women buy men their underwear more often then the men do.

QUOTE(IlliniKrush @ Apr 19, 2007 -> 12:13 AM)
/cloud goes over sun for a few seconds

/people whine

"A bad day in Florida beats a good day almost anywhere else"

Really?

A BAD DAY IN FLORIDA IS A HURRICANE, ASSHATS

Great commercial southwest airlines

Oh, good one!!! That's what I am talking about!

Joan Cusack commercials suck.

Jared from Subway commercials suck. I also want to punch this guy in the face.

Those rediculously stupid j-pop stylized Sprite commercials also suck.

That super annoying long haired with glasses guy that used to sell Encyclopedia Britanicca books in the 80's commercials sucks, too.

I will never eat at Sonic as long as I live, no matter how good the food is. Who actually thought that putting to babbling f***tards in a car and having them gush over fast food and inane subjects was a good way to sell their product?

There are actually a lot of them, I starting making a list about 2 years ago of the products/services I would never be using do to their absolutely horrendous marketing campaigns, when the list reached 100 or so companies I decided to end it.

There's also a Snickers radio ad where they put a mic up to a person's mouth while they chew on a Snickers bar. Yes because hearing someone saliva fueled smacks makes me want to eat a candy bar.

QUOTE(StrangeSox @ Apr 18, 2007 -> 10:53 PM)
Anything with Joan Cusak.

Reading through this, I told myself, "if no one has posted about Joan Cusack, I shall post about Joan Cusack."

Instead, I will post about a radio commercial that was playing during the holidays of kids screwing up the song "Jingle Bells." After the 1,000th time I heard it, I wanted to paint the wall with my brains.

Stupid kids.

There's a really, really pretentious commercial on the radio.

It's two couples talking about going back to enjoy a glass of Port by the fireside after seeing the symphony.

The one couple says "we should do this at our place next week"

The other responds "In the suburbs"

First couple responds, "Oh no, we've got an in-town home in the city now!"

Bunch of pretentious jerkoffs.

Pretty much the first ads that come to mind for me is any of those Sierra Mist ads starring anyone who has appeared on ANY VH1 show (ie. Best Week Ever or I Love the '80's)

Come on people....you're professional comedians....you should be offended as a comedian by doing such unfunny material no matter WHAT the paycheck is.

:chair :stick

The anti-pot ones with the dog and the guy smoking pot. I don't get it. Does my dog not want me to smoke pot? Should I just not smoke pot around my dog? And why does this commercial look like it was drawn by a high person or a dog. Or a high dog.