Stupid, idiotic commercials.

Kid Gleason

QUOTE(Soxy @ Apr 19, 2007 -> 01:07 PM)
The anti-pot ones with the dog and the guy smoking pot. I don't get it. Does my dog not want me to smoke pot? Should I just not smoke pot around my dog? And why does this commercial look like it was drawn by a high person or a dog. Or a high dog.

I always think if someone's pretty baked, that commercials got to be pretty funny.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(DrunkBomber @ Apr 19, 2007 -> 02:32 PM)
Since nobody responded to my post about the Hanes commercial Im assuming nobody saw it.

Hanes commercial

I mean seriosuly. This is a product sold to men. If anything, this makes me never want to buy a Hanes product again.

lol, that's kinda gay. jk that's REALLY gay.

Stupid Commercials:

Hate that new one where the mom is talking to the little girl about her cell phone use and the girls talks in AOL slang, ex: my bff, or tisnf. I think its for verizon. I hate it with a passion.

Dont like those eagle man commercials those are stupid.

Funny Commercials:

I like the one where Guy fights bear for fish.

Or that one couple years back for citi bank cards where guy is on treadmill and it stops so he gets down and it starts and hits his head on treadmill and it shoots him off into cabinents.

Another one is for dentyne frost bites guy shoves alot in his mouth to impress girl while in taxi, he freezes cab driver brakes when he sees it and guys head comes off and they all yell. Funny.

Just a few I could keep going.

This is a pretty good list so far. My addition would be the esurance.com commercials, the cartoon with the guy and the girl. In every commercial they're in a different action sequence, but they NEVER talk about what they're doing.

It's like:

"Esurance is the fastest and easiest way to buy insurance and you can do it online" - que the huge monster, scantily clad chick jumps 500 ft in the air and blows up Nashville.

Every time I just stare and think "what are they trying to sell?!"

"It's just like, it's just like, a mini.....mall!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xiHaqCFQLxA...ted&search=

QUOTE(Jenksismyb**** @ Apr 19, 2007 -> 04:32 PM)
This is a pretty good list so far. My addition would be the esurance.com commercials, the cartoon with the guy and the girl. In every commercial they're in a different action sequence, but they NEVER talk about what they're doing.

It's like:

"Esurance is the fastest and easiest way to buy insurance and you can do it online" - que the huge monster, scantily clad chick jumps 500 ft in the air and blows up Nashville.

Every time I just stare and think "what are they trying to sell?!"

"It's just like, it's just like, a mini.....mall!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xiHaqCFQLxA...ted&search=

There's tons of em on Versus during the hockey games. They are all idiotic. All i know is quote buy print.

QUOTE(CanOfCorn @ Apr 19, 2007 -> 05:28 PM)
I hope some members of the advertising industry read this thread, because they are going to be jumping up and down with joy...

"They remembered! They remembered!"

Name recognition isn't everything. If I see a dumb commercial, 99% of the time I'll never purchase that product/use that service/etc.

QUOTE(DrunkBomber @ Apr 24, 2007 -> 08:03 AM)
Theres a cell phone commercial out ow with an asian guy in a public bathroom and he starts rapping and another guy is in there. I thought that one was pretty good.

One of my all-time favs...

I hate those f***ing Nissan Sentra commercials. The fake doctor and lame ass hippy with the trees are the worst. Not that I was ever going to but I'll never own a Nissan Sentra mainly because I don't want a s***ty Nissan but also because of their incredibly annoying 24/7 ads.

The Miller Lite, or Bud Light commercials were they brag about more flavor than the competition always bugged me. Just because you have "more flavor" does not mean you are better. I am pretty sure a glass of piss has "more flavor" than a glass of water, but I'll take the water every time. How about just saying "better flavor"?