MARK BUEHRLE HAS PITCHED A NO-HITTER!

ShoeLessRob

Looking back at Mark's last start before the no-hitter, he has now thrown 15 consecutive shutout innings, and an amazing 11 1/3 consecutive no-hit innings. I wonder what the record is for consecutive no-hit innings.

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(RME JICO @ Apr 20, 2007 -> 08:54 PM)
Looking back at Mark's last start before the no-hitter, he has now thrown 15 consecutive shutout innings, and an amazing 11 1/3 consecutive no-hit innings. I wonder what the record is for consecutive no-hit innings.

The name escapes me ... and it's driving me nuts because I should know it ... but someone back in the 60's? pitched back to back no-no's.

QUOTE(YASNY @ Apr 21, 2007 -> 09:24 AM)
The name escapes me ... and it's driving me nuts because I should know it ... but someone back in the 60's? pitched back to back no-no's.

Vander Meer in the 30s was the first. I remember because Leo Durocher, later a Cubs Manager, was the final out of the second game.

QUOTE(bmags @ Apr 19, 2007 -> 02:15 PM)
not that this should matter to me, but i'm young and stupid, ATH all basically said the no hitter was no big deal. Maybe if you've stop becoming a baseball fan.

Skip Bayless was an idiot. He said it was one of the worse no hitters he ever saw. Yes there was good defense involved, but all of the good defensive plays (Iguchi's, Dye's, and Crede's) were pretty much the only hard hit balls of the entire game. So thats a whopping three.

Do I also need to mention that for anyone to throw a no hitter you need to have good defensive plays (no matter what the no no, you will see that for it to happen the defense will have to bail the pitcher out a couple times).

You want to talk about a joke of a no hitter, lets start talking about the one Josh Beckett pitched a couple years back. And even that was still a no hitter (an amazing feat). Heck there is a bit of fluke to every no hitter, unless of course your Mr. No Hitter (Nolan Ryan).

QUOTE(aprindi @ Apr 19, 2007 -> 02:43 PM)
Anyone want some pictures from last night????

MB8436.jpg

MB8440.jpg

MB8453.jpg

MB8612.jpg

MB8628.jpg

Awesome stuff and welcome aboard :cheers

QUOTE(NUKE @ Apr 21, 2007 -> 12:15 AM)
Can you tell its Mark's contract year?

He's been pitching his ass off this season.

He's just pitching like Mark and boy do I love seeing it (and if he leaves I'll miss watching him throw in a Sox uni).

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Apr 21, 2007 -> 05:17 PM)
You want to talk about a joke of a no hitter, lets start talking about the one Josh Beckett pitched a couple years back. And even that was still a no hitter (an amazing feat). Heck there is a bit of fluke to every no hitter, unless of course your Mr. No Hitter (Nolan Ryan).

You're referring to Burnett's right, when he walked 9 guys?

http://www.retrosheet.org/boxesetc/2001/B05120SDN2001.htm

QUOTE(YASNY @ Apr 21, 2007 -> 10:24 AM)
Dean Chance pitched two no-no's 15 days apart in the 60's, that is the closest on I could find.

Also, here is a weird one. After the Sox had been struggling before this recent win streak, I changed my "From" in my board settings to "Bring Back the Tarp Slides". A day or two later Mr. Tarpslider Buehrle throws a no-hitter. Just a coincidence, but weird nonetheless.

Edited by RME JICO