king felix leaves with undisclosed injury

bkmoney

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Apr 19, 2007 -> 10:32 AM)
Sliders like his=elbow injuries.

Everyone in their org knew it.

Seems like they did know it was a real possibility. I believe last year they tried to harness him with pitch-counts and limiting his innings, etc...

I wonder if this offseason they realized either he'll blow it out or he'll be oneof the freaks that doesn't get injured and just rolled the dice.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Apr 19, 2007 -> 07:31 PM)
King Felix has been diagnosed with a strain in a muscle in his right forearm/elbow. 10 to 20 days or so, if their trainer can be believed.

They said that if he kept pitching it would have resulted in a tear. I suspect this will happen sometime this year if he keeps throwing the slider.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Apr 19, 2007 -> 10:32 AM)
Sliders like his=elbow injuries.

Everyone in their org knew it.

Randy Johnson had a high velocity slider that had broke a lot and he never had arm trouble. Maybe the Ms will have him work on a different pitch like a splitter or cutter instead. They can't have him end up like Liriano.

QUOTE(southsida86 @ Apr 20, 2007 -> 02:04 PM)
Randy Johnson had a high velocity slider that had broke a lot and he never had arm trouble. Maybe the Ms will have him work on a different pitch like a splitter or cutter instead. They can't have him end up like Liriano.

Their sliders are very different. Randy had height and a sidearm delivery which made his slider nasty, Felix has an semi overhand delivery with wicked snap which makes it slide.

Edited by RockRaines

QUOTE(Jenks Heat @ Apr 20, 2007 -> 02:29 PM)
Also, don't forget one is right handed and the other is left handed. :D

Liriano is LH and that didn't stop him from needing TJ surgery. If the Ms let Felix throw the slider again he will need TJ surgery by the end of July. Book it. As much as I loathe the Twins, young talent like Liriano and Hernandez should not be wasted. I have no idea why some pitchers can throw a slider without injury and others throw a slider, and injuries derail their career.

Edited by southsida86