Aug. 11, 1991—Wilson Alvarez at Baltimore, 7-0

Sept. 19, 1986—Joe Cowley at California, 7-1

July 28, 1976—John Odom and Francisco Barrios at Oakland, 2-1

Sept. 10, 1967—Joel Horlen vs. Detroit, 6-0

Aug. 20, 1957—Robert Keegen vs. Washington, 6-0

June 1, 1937—William Dietrich vs. St. Louis, 8-0

Aug. 31, 1935—Vernon Kennedy vs. Cleveland, 5-0

Aug. 21, 1926—Ted Lyons at Boston, 6-0

April 30, 1922—Charles Robertson at Detroit, 2-0 (perfect game)

April 14, 1917—Eddie Cicotte at St. Louis, 11-0

May 31, 1914—Joseph Benz vs. Cleveland, 6-1

Aug. 27, 1911—Ed Walsh vs. Boston, 5-0

Sept. 20, 1908—Frank Smith vs. Philadelphia, 1-0

Sept. 6, 1905—Frank Smith at Detroit, 15-0

Sept. 20, 1902—James Callahan vs. Detroit, 3-0

QUOTE(Buehrle>Wood @ Apr 18, 2007 -> 11:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Anyone know how many times our pitchers have faced the minimum?

Mark Buehrle has faced the minimum twice in his career ... Tonight and July 21, 2004 in Cleveland when he gave up two hits but got two DPs in a shutout.

Prior to Buehrle, the last time a Sox pitcher faced the minimum was on May 2, 1984 when LaMarr Hoyt one-hit the Yankees in a 3-0 shutout. The Lammer gave up one hit -- a single to Don Mattingly in the seventh. Mattingly was erased on a DP.

QUOTE(StatManDu @ Apr 18, 2007 -> 11:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Mark Buehrle has faced the minimum twice in his career ... Tonight and July 21, 2004 in Cleveland when he gave up two hits but got two DPs in a shutout.

Prior to Buehrle, the last time a Sox pitcher faced the minimum was on May 2, 1984 when LaMarr Hoyt one-hit the Yankees in a 3-0 shutout. The Lammer gave up one hit -- a single to Don Mattingly in the seventh. Mattingly was erased on a DP.

Interesting thing about Cowley's no-no is that it was his last big league victory.

I've actually been to two no-hitters in my life. Wish I would have been at tonights. That was incredible.

My first...my dad drug me to Wrigley when I was 7 (only game I've EVER been to at wrigley by the way)...but Kenny Holtzman threw a no-hitter against the Braves.

And living out here my wife took me to a D-Backs game for Father's Day and got front row seats at BOB (now Chase). It was Randy Johnson vs Jimanez or something like that for the Cardinals. too lazy to look it up...but the Cardinals won 1-0.

I still remember Jack Morris no-hitting the Sox on a Saturday afternoon nbc game of the week.

I came close to watching the Sox get no hit as a kid. I don't know if anyone else remembers this game or not, but it was 1984 or 1985. The game was against the Blue Jays and Dave Steib was pitching. The Sox had been no-hit through 8 innings and were losing 6-0 going to the 9th. The fans had actually began to cheer for the Jays, because they wanted to see the no hitter. I asked my dad why they were rooting for the other team, because it didn't make sense to a 10 year old.

The first pitch of the ninth inning was hit out of the park by Rudy Law. The second pitch of the inning was another homer by Bryan Little. Harold Baines worked a few pitches before hitting a missle out of the park to make it 6-3, and that was all for Steib. After that they brought in a reliever who gave up back to back doubles to Ron Kittle and Carlton Fisk to make it 6-4, before finally retiring the side to end the game.

QUOTE(Wanne @ Apr 19, 2007 -> 01:21 AM)
I've actually been to two no-hitters in my life. Wish I would have been at tonights. That was incredible.

My first...my dad drug me to Wrigley when I was 7 (only game I've EVER been to at wrigley by the way)...but Kenny Holtzman threw a no-hitter against the Braves.

And living out here my wife took me to a D-Backs game for Father's Day and got front row seats at BOB (now Chase). It was Randy Johnson vs Jimanez or something like that for the Cardinals. too lazy to look it up...but the Cardinals won 1-0.

I still remember Jack Morris no-hitting the Sox on a Saturday afternoon nbc game of the week.

If I recall correctly, that was opening day for the White Sox at old Comiskey in 1984, a year of high expectations for the White Sox. Jack Morris was always tough on the Sox and you could just tell from that game that the Tigers might have a very special year (I think the final was 4-0, correct?). Went on to one of the best 40 game starts in MLB history at 35-5 as they steamrolled to the best one-hit wonder championship this side of the '85 Bears. As I remember it, Sparky Anderson had kind of turned the Tigers around late in the 1983 season with a closed door meeting and they carried his pep talk into 1984. I think Morris walked a boatload of players that day, but that frequently helps make you "unhittable". Great memory, no matter who was on the short end of that stick.

I remember Melido Perez threw a rain shortened No Hitter in 1990 is taht one not counted anymore?

Also, is Any Hawkins no hitter counted as a no hitter since he lost and only went 8 innings. I think this may have been 1990 or so as well when the Sox won because of an outfield error or something like that.

Sorry for the dumb questions....