Thread for "national" articles on Buehrle, no-hitter

caulfield12

QUOTE(Controlled Chaos @ Apr 19, 2007 -> 09:04 AM)
On a side note this was Jim Rose(ABC 7 Sports) teaser before the commercial...

I wish I could put a smile on my face right now for the bulls, but i can't...stay tuned to see why.

Hello?? Are you kidding me? Buehrle tosses a no hitter and your lead in is about the Bulls loss???

You just have to accept the fact that Chicago is a basketball town. ;-)

QUOTE(PlunketChris @ Apr 19, 2007 -> 09:16 AM)

As Millwood and Dye traded punches during his fifth-inning trip to the plate, the All-Star right fielder would occasionally trade glances with Buehrle in the dugout in between pitches.

"During my at-bat, I was fouling off all those pitches, and every time I would step out, he would be on the top step looking at me and laughing, telling me to do something," said Dye of Buehrle. "When I hit the home run, I came around third and looked at him. It was funny.

"It's been good for me when he pitches. I've always done something to help him out. We joke around about it all the time. It was good to contribute, especially when you have a guy going out there and doing what he was doing."

In a way, Dye can relate. When he was in high school and considered an up-and-coming pitching prospect, Dye threw a no-hitter of his own.

"I threw one with nine walks," said Dye with a laugh.

chisox.com/mlb.com

QUOTE(caulfield12 @ Apr 19, 2007 -> 09:24 AM)
As Millwood and Dye traded punches during his fifth-inning trip to the plate, the All-Star right fielder would occasionally trade glances with Buehrle in the dugout in between pitches.

"During my at-bat, I was fouling off all those pitches, and every time I would step out, he would be on the top step looking at me and laughing, telling me to do something," said Dye of Buehrle. "When I hit the home run, I came around third and looked at him. It was funny.

"It's been good for me when he pitches. I've always done something to help him out. We joke around about it all the time. It was good to contribute, especially when you have a guy going out there and doing what he was doing."

In a way, Dye can relate. When he was in high school and considered an up-and-coming pitching prospect, Dye threw a no-hitter of his own.

"I threw one with nine walks," said Dye with a laugh.

chisox.com/mlb.com

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article_perspectiv...s&fext=.jsp

Fickle nature of baseball

By the way, Buehrle now has retired 47 of the last 50 hitters he's faced. Wow.