Kenny is a funny guy

shawnhillegas

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(retro1983hat @ Apr 19, 2007 -> 09:34 AM)
Funny how? Like I'm a clown? Like I amuse you? I'm here to amuse you?

You know....you're funny....

No, I DON'T know. YOU said it. You said I'm funny.

QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Apr 19, 2007 -> 10:21 AM)
What's the point, you're poor?

:D

And he wants to be sued.

:D

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Apr 19, 2007 -> 10:00 AM)
The quote was were are you going to get a guy, not who could I get on my XBOX...

If KW is willing to pay the price (which I highly doubt he is) a trade involving a soon to be free agent Ichiro is not totally out of the question. You're not exactly dealing with a genius in Seattle.

And as for KW's question, that was his job this offseason, to find a REAL leadoff hitter and he f***ed that up. It's his own fault that he's backed into a corner yet again.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Apr 19, 2007 -> 11:22 AM)
If KW is willing to pay the price (which I highly doubt he is) a trade involving a soon to be free agent Ichiro is not totally out of the question. You're not exactly dealing with a genius in Seattle.

And as for KW's question, that was his job this offseason, to find a REAL leadoff hitter and he f***ed that up. It's his own fault that he's backed into a corner yet again.

If he can't afford to pay Buehrle $75 million for five years, how is he going to afford Pierre or Gary Matthews, Jr.?

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Apr 19, 2007 -> 10:22 AM)

And what do you think the price would be for an Ichiro who would be leaving Seattle this offseason anyway?

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Apr 19, 2007 -> 11:22 AM)

You sound like Mariotti there, Kalapse. That's bs, short-term thinking. If you want to pay $9,000,000 a year for 3-5 years for a leadoff man instead of what we have in house for $2,900,000 and 1 year, then puff puff, pass, broseph.

QUOTE(caulfield12 @ Apr 19, 2007 -> 04:26 PM)
If he can't afford to pay Buehrle $75 million for five years, how is he going to afford Pierre or Gary Matthews, Jr.?

I don't think anybody was asking for either of those two. It would've been dumb as hell to pay either of those guys $40 million plus.

David Delluci or Trot Nixon, on the other hand... Nixon would've been a great fit for the two hole with Iguchi leading off. Erstad still would've been needed (as a backup starting CFer), and we still would've been short a righty mashing platoon mate, but Nixon still would've been a great pickup.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Apr 19, 2007 -> 10:00 AM)
The quote was were are you going to get a guy, not who could I get on my XBOX...

he's gonna be a free-agent at the end of the year. Seattle might dump at all-star break when there 13 games under .500

Edited by GoSox05

QUOTE(iamshack @ Apr 19, 2007 -> 11:29 AM)
You sound like Mariotti there, Kalapse. That's bs, short-term thinking. If you want to pay $9,000,000 a year for 3-5 years for a leadoff man instead of what we have in house for $2,900,000 and 1 year, then puff puff, pass, broseph.

Or he could have thought outside the box, instead of targeting the big name high priced free agent leadoff men. He went with his bad, oft-injured in house option which was never going to work, there were a number of high OBP, lower speed leadoff type players available this offseason. You don't need to overpay for high SB, low SB% slap hitters when you can instead target guys who are simply going to get on base for you and now he has neither.

The Sox still have a leadoff type hitter on the roster though he'll never be used in that role, in Iguchi.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Apr 19, 2007 -> 11:34 AM)
I don't think anybody was asking for either of those two. It would've been dumb as hell to pay either of those guys $40 million plus.

David Delluci or Trot Nixon, on the other hand... Nixon would've been a great fit for the two hole with Iguchi leading off. Erstad still would've been needed (as a backup starting CFer), and we still would've been short a righty mashing platoon mate, but Nixon still would've been a great pickup.

Read my mind.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Apr 19, 2007 -> 10:36 AM)
Or he could have thought outside the box, instead of targeting the big name high priced free agent leadoff men. He went with his bad, oft-injured in house option which was never going to work, there were a number of high OBP, lower speed leadoff type players available this offseason. You don't need to overpay for high SB, low SB% slap hitters when you can instead target guys who are simply going to get on base for you and now he has neither.

The Sox still have a leadoff type hitter on the roster though he'll never be used in that role, in Iguchi.

Hell, we had at least 2 better options IN HOUSE - Mack and Gload.

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Apr 19, 2007 -> 11:39 AM)
Hell, we had at least 2 better options IN HOUSE - Mack and Gload.

Right now he actually has a lefty and a righty that could probably hold their own in a leadoff role in Mack and Iguchi but they'll never be used that way. It just sucks that the only players you're going to see leadoff for this team are Ozuna and Erstad.

Nixon needs a lefty-mashing platoon mate. The man cannot hit LHP. He never has. And, odds are, he never will.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Apr 19, 2007 -> 04:37 PM)
Is it possible that Mr. Williams still has some confidence in Mr. Owens, who I believe has started off this season hitting .290 in AAA?

Oh joy, a player who's ceiling is probably 2005 Scott Podsednik.

If this organization has Owens in their plans as a future leadoff hitter, I'm going to pull my hair out. I'm sick of these slap hitting speedsters who get on-base at no better than an average rate.

Nixon needs a lefty-mashing platoon mate. The man cannot hit LHP. He never has. And, odds are, he never will.

And how, exactly, is this different from our current (DLed) LFer? Oh, right -- one can actually *mash* righties while the other can't even muster an .800 OPS against them.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Apr 19, 2007 -> 10:01 AM)
Oh joy, a player who's ceiling is probably 2005 Scott Podsednik.

If this organization has Owens in their plans as a future leadoff hitter, I'm going to pull my hair out. I'm sick of these slap hitting speedsters who get on-base at no better than an average rate.

Hey, no matter what else they say, if a guy can hit near .300 and steal a ton of bases at a reasonable (75%) clip, that's a major league caliber player in my book. There is always a place for those type of guys.

i dont think either of those two guys are the answer at the two hole and i don't want to see iguchi leading off for some reason iguchi forgot how to bunt and i dont want my top two guys in the order being unable to lay a damn bunt down