Brian Anderson

JohnCangelosi

This from BA on WhiteSox.com:

"Honestly, whether they are still high on me or down on me, it doesn't affect me either way," Anderson said. "It's no disrespect to them, but I just don't care. They have control and dictate when and where I play.

"If things don't work out here, they can work out somewhere else. I'm not saying I want to leave, but at the same time, it's like I'm still young. I'm going to let this year play out and whatever they want to do, they can do. They can trade me, send me down, keep me, platoon me, that's their choice. I have no hard feelings whatever they want to do."

No hard feelings Brian??? It doesn't sound that way to me!

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Apr 19, 2007 -> 09:51 AM)
Can you blame the guy?

Would it be better if he said.

I like showing up at the park, and chasing butterflies in the outfield before the game. I even brought a seat cushion to make sure my backside is safe from the splinters of the bench. I asked Ozzie if I could just lay down on the bench and take a snooze during the game, he cursed me so I guess thats okay.

Maybe Brian should bring a camera to the game, and then call over Brandon and see if Ozzie would pose with them in a picture.

Edited by southsideirish71

I wish more media would grill Ozzie on this situation so we can get the truth.

A scenario I see possible is like the movie "A Few Good Men" where Ozzie just goes off.

OZ: You want answers?

Reporter: I think I'm entitled to them.

Reporter: I want the truth!

OZ: You can't handle the truth!!

OZ: Look we play a game with outfield walls...those walls need to be defended..whose gonna defend them you??.....you Mr Marriotti? I pick the men to defend those walls...we live by words like honor and team work...you use them as a punchline. I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Brian and you curse the manager. You have that luxury.... I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a reporter who sells papers on my every move and then questions the manner in which I make them!! I'd rather you just said thank you and went on your way. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you're entitled to!

Reporter: Did you tell Brian he could win the job in spring training just to turn around and hand it to Erstad.

OZ: If I say Brian ain't playing then he ain't playing!!!

Reporter: Did you tell him when he does play, you will put him in the least possible situation to succeed.

OZ: You Fa**ot...I make the lineup!!

Reporter: Do you Hate Brian Anderson Mr Guillen...

OZ: I do the job they hired me to do.

Reporter: That's not what I asked, Do you Hate Brian Anderson

OZ: .*@$*&^@

Reporter: Stop blabbering and answer the question Do you Hate Brian Anderson....

OZ: &%$(*#^)*&)#(%$_)#%*)(*^)*(^_ *@$*&^@....

Reporter: ANSWER THE QUESTION MR GUILLEN...DO YOU HATE----

OZ: YOU'RE GOD DAMN RIGHT I DO!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank You!!

That reminds me of one of the various times Rowand crashed into the wall in 2005 and DJ shouted

"You want me on that wall, YOU NEED ME ON THAT WALL!"

QUOTE(fathom @ Apr 19, 2007 -> 11:07 AM)
Even if he's right, Anderson needs to STFU. These types of comments are going to do nothing but irritate Ozzie and KW.

Honestly, why should he care at this point? Maybe it'll get them to ship him outta here sooner so that he can get on with his career. It's not going to go anywhere playing under Ozzie.

QUOTE(fathom @ Apr 19, 2007 -> 11:07 AM)
Even if he's right, Anderson needs to STFU. These types of comments are going to do nothing but irritate Ozzie and KW.

I really don't think it matters anymore, from the looks of it they've even soured on him a bit as a defensive player and if that's the case then he's pretty much long gone at this point.

QUOTE(Controlled Chaos @ Apr 19, 2007 -> 10:26 AM)
OZ: Look we play a game with outfield walls...those walls need to be defended..whose gonna defend them you??.....you Mr Marriotti? I pick the men to defend those walls...we live by words like on-base percentage and defensive replacement...you use them as a punchline. I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Brian and you curse the manager. You have that luxury.... I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a reporter who sells papers on my every move and then questions the manner in which I make them!! I'd rather you just said thank you and went on your way. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you're entitled to!

The only words I'd change are bolded.

Nicely played, CC!

QUOTE(Controlled Chaos @ Apr 19, 2007 -> 09:26 AM)

A scenario I see possible is like the movie "A Few Good Men" where Ozzie just goes off.

OZ: Look we play a game with outfield walls...those walls need to be defended..whose gonna defend them you??.....you Mr Marriotti? I pick the men to defend those walls...we live by words like honor and team work...you use them as a punchline. I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Brian and you curse the manager. You have that luxury.... I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a reporter who sells papers on my every move and then questions the manner in which I make them!! I'd rather you just said thank you and went on your way. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you're entitled to!

Reporter: Did you tell Brian he could win the job in spring training just to turn around and hand it to Erstad.

Reporter: Did you tell him when he does play, you will put him in the least possible situation to succeed.

Reporter: Stop blabbering and answer the question Do you Hate Brian Anderson....

Thank You!!

OUTSTANDING! How many times did you have to rewind your DVD of A Few Good Men to get that perfect???

:-)

:cheers

QUOTE(JohnCangelosi @ Apr 19, 2007 -> 11:32 AM)
OUTSTANDING! How many times did you have to rewind your DVD of A Few Good Men to get that perfect???

:-)

:cheers

www.imdb.com usually has specific quotes from movies on a seperate page. Its where I go if I want to paste a quote

Edited by kyyle23

You know the media is likely prodding Anderson to get him to bite back from all the public trashing he's gotten from Oz, not to mention the so-sad-its-hilarious playing time debacle. If Anderson is still able to manage what must be utter frustration into statements as calm as this, he's got a maturity beyond my own. If I were Anderson, I'd end every interview with "f*** Ozzie and f*** this organization!" But I'm not Anderson. I'm just another incredible badass, making my way through this world the only way I know.

Hey, Brian, less time talking, more time being a good baseball player.

You are an automatic out. Shut your mouth.

At least it sounds like Anderson is coming to grips with the fact that he, himself, has put himself in this position, nobody else--something the Soxtalk community can not seem to grasp.

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ Apr 19, 2007 -> 12:12 PM)

At least it sounds like Anderson is coming to grips with the fact that he, himself, has put himself in this position, nobody else--something the Soxtalk community can not seem to grasp.

And he's still the superior CF on this team right now. He came in late in the game and drew a walk. If nothing else, he's shown he's willing to work the count for a walk this year.

He has stated that he put himself in that position countless times.

QUOTE(Damen @ Apr 19, 2007 -> 12:38 PM)
He has stated that he put himself in that position countless times.

If you would be so kind as to rehash those sentiments, not so much for my sake, but, for the sake of the Guillen-conspiring Soxtalkers, it would be greatly appreciated.

QUOTE(Controlled Chaos @ Apr 19, 2007 -> 10:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thank You!!

Beautiful.

And yeah, if I see Mack in OF instead of Anderson one more time, Ozzie's gonna need some extra security.

Edited by TheBigHurt

Well, Mack is a pretty fluid OFer in his own right, and normally, has a much shorter swing. We have enough long, loopy swings in the lineup, and even though I'm a pretty big BA fan, I'm all for playing the guy that is getting on base. They both play damn good defense.

Couldn't have said it better myself!!!!

QUOTE(Controlled Chaos @ Apr 19, 2007 -> 10:26 AM)

Thank You!!

Post of the Year????