Brian Anderson

JohnCangelosi

QUOTE(Controlled Chaos @ Apr 19, 2007 -> 03:26 PM)
I wish more media would grill Ozzie on this situation so we can get the truth.

A scenario I see possible is like the movie "A Few Good Men" where Ozzie just goes off.

OZ: You want answers?

Reporter: I think I'm entitled to them.

OZ: You want answers?

Reporter: I want the truth!

OZ: You can't handle the truth!!

OZ: Look we play a game with outfield walls...those walls need to be defended..whose gonna defend them you??.....you Mr Marriotti? I pick the men to defend those walls...we live by words like honor and team work...you use them as a punchline. I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Brian and you curse the manager. You have that luxury.... I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a reporter who sells papers on my every move and then questions the manner in which I make them!! I'd rather you just said thank you and went on your way. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you're entitled to!

Reporter: Did you tell Brian he could win the job in spring training just to turn around and hand it to Erstad.

OZ: If I say Brian ain't playing then he ain't playing!!!

Reporter: Did you tell him when he does play, you will put him in the least possible situation to succeed.

OZ: You Fa**ot...I make the lineup!!

Reporter: Do you Hate Brian Anderson Mr Guillen...

OZ: I do the job they hired me to do.

Reporter: That's not what I asked, Do you Hate Brian Anderson

OZ: .*@$*&^@

Reporter: Stop blabbering and answer the question Do you Hate Brian Anderson....

OZ: &%$(*#^)*&)#(%$_)#%*)(*^)*(^_ *@$*&^@....

Reporter: ANSWER THE QUESTION MR GUILLEN...DO YOU HATE----

OZ: YOU'RE GOD DAMN RIGHT I DO!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank You!!

LOL Great post - I don't know what the right answer is with BA - Personally would rather see him in center and Erstad in left.

Mack may be a nice guy but isn't exactly tearing them up at the plate and is not as good defensively. I kow that ball last night would have been a tough play - but that's why they are professionals. My vote is he shuld have had it.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ Apr 19, 2007 -> 05:12 PM)
Hey, Brian, less time talking, more time being a good baseball player.

You are an automatic out. Shut your mouth.

At least it sounds like Anderson is coming to grips with the fact that he, himself, has put himself in this position, nobody else--something the Soxtalk community can not seem to grasp.

And Mack is any better - when he came up the first time last night he was batting .071 - could Anderson be much worse?

QUOTE(SEALgep @ Apr 20, 2007 -> 08:59 AM)
I will say that at least Erstad can advance runners and have productive outs. He serves our offense better that way than Anderson, and allows Gooch to move down in the order.

No, Anderson serves the offense better because even if both hit .160, Anderson will be hitting 9th while Erstad leads off. Anderson receives the fewest at bats on the team, Erstad receives the most. Erstad can do the most damage, Anderson the least. Do you follow?

Erstad's a joke of an offensive player, and I rue the day KW signed him.

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Apr 20, 2007 -> 09:22 AM)
All the things that Ozzie likes about Erstad are the same things that Mack brings to the table. He hustles, tries to break up double plays, etc. Why not just have him play instead of Darin? He can actually get on base from time to time. Just don't play him in CF.

Mack may do that, but his defense is terrible in the outfield.