What the hell??? Why is the Wii so hard to find still?

Kid Gleason

QUOTE(Rex Kicka** @ Apr 22, 2007 -> 04:08 PM)
The Wii is all about people outside the gaming demo. It's why it will crush 360 and the PS3.

Also why it will fail in the end. If people aren't "gamers" they won't keep coming back. They'll find a game, get their fix in and then the system will gather dust. People who play the games as a close hobby, they continually purchase new games. They continually put money into it. I love my Wii, but as its been said already, it's a party system. Let the friends jerk with it awhile and whip the wiimotes around, but when I want to play a serious game, I power up my PS3.

With all the past that the Wii is capable of playing, and then with the addition of stuff such as the Marvel Alliance game, plus other future games, and the ability to use 3 or 4 different controllers, it seems that the Wii is shooting to appeal to many different segments of game play, and possibly create people who will become gamers. To me it seems like the most well rounded system on the market.

I probably called a dozen places two weeks ago looking for a wii. I finally decided to just buy one off craigslist for 350. Its a hundred bucks more than off the shelf... but I didn't have to pay tax, the guy gave me zelda, and I actually got one instead of waiting around and calling every best buy in chicagoland.

That said, its pretty fun. I also have 360... and I agree with some of the commentators that the two aren't even in the same class. Its basically two different philosophies on video games