Remember Jim McGreevey?

EvilMonkey

Any guesses? How about teaching a class on ETHICS!

http://www.nj.com/news/ledger/index.ssf?/b....xml&coll=1

Seriously, why would any college hire this man to teach a class on ethics? Maybe if the class was on how to hire a non-citizen for your homeland security czar, then fine. Or how to keep your boy-toy close, then I can see why they hired him. And if I remember right, there were the usual 'pay to play' scandels that plague many politicians.

You can learn a lot more about tigers by someone who grabbed hold of a tail and got mauled then by someone who never grabbed the tail.

I'd love to sit in an Ethics class taught by someone who was taken down by ethics, so give me DeLay or any of these guys. They've learned the lessons the hard way. Beats some professor who has never been in the position to be making ethical or unethical choices. I'd like to know why he picked the dark side, why he thought he could get away with it, etc.

QUOTE(Texsox @ Apr 20, 2007 -> 09:58 AM)
You can learn a lot more about tigers by someone who grabbed hold of a tail and got mauled then by someone who never grabbed the tail.

I'd love to sit in an Ethics class taught by someone who was taken down by ethics, so give me DeLay or any of these guys. They've learned the lessons the hard way. Beats some professor who has never been in the position to be making ethical or unethical choices. I'd like to know why he picked the dark side, why he thought he could get away with it, etc.

Wouldn't you rather learn from someone who had to mkae the choices, and made the RIGHT ones? You can't assume the professors haven't had any tough choices to make simply because they dare not in jail or don't have a record. As for wanting to know why he did what he did, that would make an interesting lecture, in a car-accident kind of way, but to teach a whole class about that? It just seems like he is a person that doesn't deserve this easy of a path with the choices he has made to date.

QUOTE(Alpha Dog @ Apr 20, 2007 -> 09:11 PM)
Wouldn't you rather learn from someone who had to mkae the choices, and made the RIGHT ones? You can't assume the professors haven't had any tough choices to make simply because they dare not in jail or don't have a record. As for wanting to know why he did what he did, that would make an interesting lecture, in a car-accident kind of way, but to teach a whole class about that? It just seems like he is a person that doesn't deserve this easy of a path with the choices he has made to date.

No doubt I would rather have both.

But which lesson would you remember, the hundred times you touched a stove and it was cold, or the time you touched the stove and it was hot? People always learn from their, and others, mistakes, few learn from their successes.

And, whenever religion comes up around here, many people here reject it immediately. Wouldn't you consider religion an ethical system of making the right choices? I think you will have many more students paying attention to the guy with the horns and scars, than the guy with the halo.