AND THAT'S A WHITE SOX WINNER!!!

greasywheels121

To Pat Boyle.

Why the f*** would the Sox pull Rob Mackowiak in the 7th inning for defensive purposes when he's one of the better outfield defenders on the team and it's only the seventh god damn inning?

Seriously pull your head out of your ass.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Apr 19, 2007 -> 10:03 PM)
To Pat Boyle.

Why the f*** would the Sox pull Rob Mackowiak in the 7th inning for defensive purposes when he's one of the better outfield defenders on the team and it's only the seventh god damn inning?

Seriously pull your head out of your ass.

He's too busy giving the "business" to Kerry Sayers to hear you. Anyways, way to come back and win the series to get back to .500, guys.

freaking a... come on PK! Stop sucking! Dont repeat 03 please...

Vazquez also with another solid outing, but I would like to see him be able to go 7-8 innings. He starts out great, but just looks "okay" during the 5th and 6th innings. Not as bad as last year, but I'd like to see more improvement.

Okay, lets go out, beat up some tigs, and get Danks his first MLB victory tomorrow... he should have at least 1.

QUOTE(fathom @ Apr 19, 2007 -> 09:59 PM)
Offense still isn't clicking, but we scored late runs to win this game.

The 8 hits isn't thrilling, but the team had 10 walks! 10 walks!! I'll take 18 baserunners in 8 innings thank you very much. 2-8 with RISP tonight isn't that bad, not to mention the 4 walks (including 1 IBB) in other plate appearances with RISP. Konerko was 0-2 with a walk with RISP. I'd say the offense is fine other than him right now.

Since the 11th (the game in Oakland where Dye hit his 1st HR) he is 8-26 (.308).

Everybody other than Konerko and Uribe had a hit tonight (I won't include Thome because he didn't even get an AB tonight :P ). I don't know what you call clicking, but tonight was damn good offensively.

As for the win itself, very good win because the Sox needed this series with their April schedule. This series and the 2 game series @ KC are the only breaks in the early schedule. If the Sox finish April above .500 I'll be very happy and I said that before the season.

Good all round performance tonight. Offense got their hits when they had to, the bullpen did their part, and Javy gave us 6 solid innings.

Let's take this momentum to Comerica and get on the Tigers like we did last season.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Apr 19, 2007 -> 09:13 PM)
I'd like to commend Ozzie on his use of Javy Vazquez thus far this season, he's done a fantastic job of getting him out of there just before things get away from him.

i concur. ozzie was horrible with Javy last year. Its been much better this year. Generally when i scream at the TV, "Get him the F out of there Ozzie!", Ozzie listens now.

Very excited to see the pitching look so good. Also very excited to see the hitting start to show up.

I'm hoping that Paulie comes around soon. He's struggling, but hopefully he can use the success he had after his 2003 struggles to get through it.

I still think Jenks is a problem. He does have 4 saves, but I think in at least 3 of them he came in with 3 run leads. Vazquez was good, thankfully they pulled him before damage instead of 2006 after damage. I'm not a big OG lover, but I do think he learns from his mistakes. It just takes him a while. I think the offense will get better. Danks won't be up against an ace tonight, and it will be a little warmer, so it should be a game where you can get a better idea of exactly where he and the White Sox offense are really at. It would be nice to beat the Tigers and go on a big roll.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Apr 20, 2007 -> 09:13 AM)
I still think Jenks is a problem. He does have 4 saves, but I think in at least 3 of them he came in with 3 run leads.

I thought he looked solid last night. The one guy who reached base looked at strike 3 but the ump called ball 4 for some reason.

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Apr 20, 2007 -> 09:15 AM)
I thought he looked solid last night. The one guy who reached base looked at strike 3 but the ump called ball 4 for some reason.

It was nice to see him 95 last night. Hopefully the velocity continues to go up! Lets win this series this weekend.

The most important thing I saw last night with the game was MacDougal coming in to minimize the the damage, and then in the next inning the Sox responding by putting up 3. There are going to be many games where the opposition ties it up or takes the lead, but if the Sox can stay resiliant and have many of the comebacks we saw yesterday, this team has a great shot at winning the Central.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Apr 20, 2007 -> 09:02 AM)
Konerko is having a flashback to 03, look for him to keep up the trend.

Meh, he was hitting .223 going into June come 2005, I'm not worried at all. Given, he had 13 homers and an OPS around .800, but we're also two weeks into the season, and he's started cold before. He's a good enough hitter with enough protection in the lineup that I think he'll come out of it.

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Apr 20, 2007 -> 07:15 AM)

Agreed about the ump squeezing him, but I don't think that he looked solid at all. He has no command of his breaking ball right now. That's the pitch that made him a stud last year. Even with "only" a 95 mph fastball, Bobby can be an elite closer if he can locate that hook. If he can't locate a good offspeed pitch, he'll be above average at best... even at 98-100 mph.

It's nice to see the Sox scoring runs again, although they're living and dying with the long ball and are still leaving too many runners in scoring position stranded.