White Sox vs. Tigers, 4/20/07 (W)

• Replies 614
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Apr 20, 2007 -> 07:37 PM)
(4) the batter reaches first base safely on a fair ball that has not been touched by a fielder and that is in fair territory when the ball reaches the outfield, unless in the scorer's judgment the ball could have been handled with ordinary effort;

I've never seen that called, and they won't change it. It's a hit, who cares?

Its warm in Detroit. There are no f***ing excuses why Chat Durbin is shuttiing this team down. 2 solo homers. What a pathetic offense this is this year. Suicde shrugs. Dumb crap. You would think that they would try and give the kid some support.

10.05 Base Hits

A base hit is a statistic credited to a batter when such batter reaches base safely, as set forth in this Rule 10.05.

(a) The official scorer shall credit a batter with a base hit when:

(1) the batter reaches first base (or any succeeding base) safely on a fair ball that settles on the ground, that touches a fence before being touched by a fielder or that clears a fence;

(2) the batter reaches first base safely on a fair ball hit with such force, or so slowly, that any fielder attempting to make a play with the ball has no opportunity to do so;

Rule 10.05(a)(2) Comment: The official scorer shall credit a hit if the fielder attempting to handle the ball cannot make a play, even if such fielder deflects the ball from or cuts off another fielder who could have put out a runner.

(3) the batter reaches first base safely on a fair ball that takes an unnatural bounce so that a fielder cannot handle it with ordinary effort, or that touches the pitcher's plate or any base (including home plate) before being touched by a fielder and bounces so that a fielder cannot handle the ball with ordinary effort;

(4) the batter reaches first base safely on a fair ball that has not been touched by a fielder and that is in fair territory when the ball reaches the outfield, unless in the scorer's judgment the ball could have been handled with ordinary effort;

Number 4. its a judgement call by the score keeper

QUOTE(fathom @ Apr 20, 2007 -> 07:33 PM)
If that was Anderson in CF, I'm sure there would be blame put on him for not taking over.

if anderson was out there, it never would have fallen. i see him take charge plenty of times, even when juan ran out there. so yea, erstad is basically useless to this team right now. he should be on the bench

That play was retarded in little league. In the major leagues, where these guys are supposedly the best, it is downright unprofessional and idiotic.

I dont get it. I worked at Five Guys Burgers and Fries once, and if you didnt change your gloves, you got fired. Isnt this a business? Lets be a bunch of assholes like they were at Five Guys, and fire everyone who f***s up.

Thatll teach 'em!

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Apr 20, 2007 -> 07:38 PM)
Number 4. its a judgement call by the score keeper

Why would a home scorekeeper take away an RBI from a player? It never has been called an error, that I've seen in my life of following baseball. Mental error, sure, but not in the box score.