"Team Leader" Paulie goes 0 for 4

sox-r-us

I think people pull for PK because he has that "blue collar appeal" that Sox fans love to get behind. He's not slick, not a chiseled physical specimen, not a terrific athlete. He appears to be a hard worker who has to hustle to get what he has. I think he has an everyman quality about him that is endearing to White Sox faithful. Seems like a guy you could go out and have a beer with. Remember when we got John Kruk? He had as big a following as anyone on the team, and he was here for what, 2/3rds of a season? As for the race bias, I think that claim is entirely without merit. We haven't had many players of color that fit the Konerko "mold" over the last 20 years or so, but I think Ozzie Guillen qualifies, and Sox fans loved him, I know I did at least.

He is White, and White people naturally pull for their own kind.  Hence the 'love affair'.

THAT'S RIDICULOUS!!! Brando, why did you write so many s*** like that??? Maggs is hispanic and he is fan favorite, Frank is black and everybody likes him.

If Daubach plays in 5 days of a week, he would be with 10 HRs and 40 RBIs.

About people sucking each other, i think that you are doing this with Jose and vice-versa. You defend him like he is your boyfriend. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Piece.

Oh my God, are you seriously that f***ing stupid?  Now you sound like Scammy Sosa, playing the race card.

I'm almost at a loss for words, that post was so moronic.

Mr. BrandoFan I must ask you to let us all know that you didn't mean this and were just putting out a joke or something and it didn't come out right.

In baseball you only concern your self with performance and that's it. One can be down about Paul Konerko, D'Angelo Jimenez, Carlos Lee, Frank Thomas or Billy Kock, or any of the players, but still want them to perform well at the same time. I bet the players are harder on themselves in most cases then we are and at the same time supportive of each other as a team. To paraphrase a great baseball man, Tom Hanks, "there is no color in baseball."

Ok, let me change the tone of this topic: Did Konerko get married this off season? Did something radical change in his off-field life?

The only two things I can think of that would make such a dramatic change in someone's performance would be either a nagging injury that he is hiding or a major change in his off-field life that has totally messed his head up, ala Frank losing all the close people around him over a two or three year period that, in my opinion, resulted in Frank having such a tough stretch [ok, throw in Frank's injury as well...].

Just curious.

Paul's continued poor performance with NO signs of life just leave me scratching my head.

Forkit

Just like all the Buehrle haters who are now eating their words, PK will soon make you all realize you were foolish for making posts like these.

Get off him and even if he hits .100 for the season, he will always be a better leader in the clubhouse than Skank Thomas.

Go Paulie

:headbang :headbang :headbang :headbang

Ok, let me change the tone of this topic: Did Konerko get married this off season? Did something radical change in his off-field life?

I remember reading his chat on ESPN in the offseason and he said he was engaged, but I don't know if the marriage took place yet or not.

Just like all the Buehrle haters who are now eating their words, PK will soon make you all realize you were foolish for making posts like these.

Get off him and even if he hits .100 for the season, he will always be a better leader in the clubhouse than Skank Thomas.

Go Paulie

:headbang  :headbang  :headbang  :headbang

So you like more PK than Frank??? :huh: :huh: :huh:

Frank has been doing his job for a decade and PK did for 2 seasons.

I would say to you: Get off the Frank's back.

;)

wtf that is the most retarded post ever. i want harris to do well and he's black, i want lee to do well and he's panamanian, hell i even want valentin to do well and he's puerto rican. doesn't mean i won't criticize them once in a while, and that doesn't make me racist. not to mention people like konerko and rick WHITE who i want to do well so the sox do well, and i'll criticize them equally.

nobody pulls only for white players to do well, they pull for the whole team to do well. god, i can't even get over how idiotic that post was.

I have to agree that PK being a fav of fans has nothing at all to do with color - he just has appeal

some players have it and some don't -

nothing to do with color

Oh my God, are you seriously that f***ing stupid? Now you sound like Scammy Sosa, playing the race card.

I'm almost at a loss for words, that post was so moronic.

As for the race bias, I think that claim is entirely without merit. We haven't had many players of color that fit the Konerko "mold" over the last 20 years or so, but I think Ozzie Guillen qualifies, and Sox fans loved him, I know I did at least

THAT'S RIDICULOUS!!! Brando, why did you write so many s*** like that??? Maggs is hispanic and he is fan favorite, Frank is black and everybody likes him.

If Daubach plays in 5 days of a week, he would be with 10 HRs and 40 RBIs.

About people sucking each other, i think that you are doing this with Jose and vice-versa. You defend him like he is your boyfriend.   

Piece.

Mr. BrandoFan I must ask you to let us all know that you didn't mean this and were just putting out a joke or something and it didn't come out right.

In baseball you only concern your self with performance and that's it. One can be down about Paul Konerko, D'Angelo Jimenez, Carlos Lee, Frank Thomas or Billy Kock, or any of the players, but still want them to perform well at the same time. I bet the players are harder on themselves in most cases then we are and at the same time supportive of each other as a team. To paraphrase a great baseball man, Tom Hanks, "there is no color in baseball."

:lol: ROTFLMAO!!! :D