Should have swept

witesoxfan

I don't mind losing 15-5 but games like that game2 just kill me. When they could have easily kicked the Twins and Cubs' asses and they just let those damn fundamentals get to them. Yeah 4.5 and 2.5 back are a HUGE difference and more likely than not, they're gonna hunt us bigtime.

As Brando mentioned, we have lost about 8 games like that? Think how easily we could be in first place right now. :angry:

I don't mind losing 15-5 but games like that game2 just kill me. When they could have easily kicked the Twins and Cubs' asses and they just let those damn fundamentals get to them. Yeah 4.5 and 2.5 back are a HUGE difference and more likely than not, they're gonna hunt us bigtime.

As Brando mentioned, we have lost about 8 games like that? Think how easily we could be in first place right now. :angry:

We could easily be 1.5 out right now. If we win that game against the Cubs, and we win last night against the Twinkies....we're that close.

All these what if's.....and it's all coming up short. I hope their just starting to play well.

We could easily be 1.5 out right now. If we win that game against the Cubs, and we win last night against the Twinkies....we're that close.

All these what if's.....and it's all coming up short. I hope their just starting to play well.

If this (unlike 83-win 2001) healthy team plays up to its potential, we would be about 20 games over 500 right now, leading the second best ALC team by 15 games or so.

The sheer degree of this team's underachiving play up to the LA series was downright scary, and this newfound will to win of the last 6 fays only highlights it more.

Oh the pathos.

If this (unlike 83-win 2001) healthy team plays up to its potential, we would be about 20 games over 500 right now, leading the second best ALC team by 15 games or so.

The sheer degree of this team's underachiving play up to the LA series was downright scary, and this newfound will to win of the last 6 fays only highlights it more.

Oh the pathos.

I agree with a lot of your stuff....but will to win? If they had a will to win, the Sox would be on a 6-game winning streak right now. There were many opportunities to win last night, and just when it looked like the momentum could be shifting toward our favor(Minny putting together a huge threat, one ball away from ending the game, and one strike away from ending the inning, and then having them be brought down by electric Flash Gordon), Botch comes in and throws up a meatball that says "Hit me hard Jacque" and, of course, Jacque does exactly that. And I'm not even going to talk about getting shutdown by the Chubbies on Sunday. Talk about a major disappointment. Colon should have stayed in and done the job.

We're still not taking care of mistakes, though we are not necessarily swinging at a ton of bad pitches anymore(still more then we should, however....Carlos swung at one in his eyes IIRC last night against Hawkins). If we start hitting mistakes hard....then you can say we are on a role. I've seen too many good pitches be let go. Someone's gotta step up offensively before the July 20th, or else we'll be seeing a lot of guys leave. I personally feel that as soon as one guy gets real, real hot...like sizzling hot...then you will see the byproduct in the final boxscore with a lot of crooked numbers. Hitting is contagious.

But we are improving.

I agree. We are just not "hot" yet.

The potential of this team is very high. It could do some very good things. We need to get the offense and bullpen going before we can even consider going on a huge streak.

Oh the pathos.

I agree with a lot of your stuff....but will to win? If they had a will to win, the Sox would be on a 6-game winning streak right now. There were many opportunities to win last night, and just when it looked like the momentum could be shifting toward our favor(Minny putting together a huge threat, one ball away from ending the game, and one strike away from ending the inning, and then having them be brought down by electric Flash Gordon), Botch comes in and throws up a meatball that says "Hit me hard Jacque" and, of course, Jacque does exactly that. And I'm not even going to talk about getting shutdown by the Chubbies on Sunday. Talk about a major disappointment. Colon should have stayed in and done the job.

We're still not taking care of mistakes, though we are not necessarily swinging at a ton of bad pitches anymore(still more then we should, however....Carlos swung at one in his eyes IIRC last night against Hawkins). If we start hitting mistakes hard....then you can say we are on a role. I've seen too many good pitches be let go. Someone's gotta step up offensively before the July 20th, or else we'll be seeing a lot of guys leave. I personally feel that as soon as one guy gets real, real hot...like sizzling hot...then you will see the byproduct in the final boxscore with a lot of crooked numbers. Hitting is contagious.

Yes...but if these were the pre-LA Sox, we would be 1-5 instead of 4-2. So some progress has been made.

(As far as letting games get away thing goes, to my count we have a MINUS-9 differential in the last 22 games alone....scary and nothing new)

I hope at the end of the season we all say stuff like "this team could have won 100 games" and instead they only win 92 or so but take the division anyways.

I don't like how we lead the league in losses when leading after 7 innings.

we are?

that is a horrid stat.

what are the numbers?

When you stop and think about it, we have played well enough to really have put together a nice streak. The last three losses, game 4 vs Boston, game 3 vs the Cubs and game 2 vs Minn, we really should have won each one of those games. That would be a sweet little nine game winning streak going.

Actually folks, we are 5.5 out. 4.5 in back of the Twins.

Actually folks, we are 5.5 out. 4.5 in back of the Twins.

well..... win some, lose some.... with the pitching really picking up... i think this team can contend in this division