Re-Imagined

Kyyle23

I didnt want to sidetrack the "Rate of Avatar" thread too much, so I thought I would post some of the SteamPunk Star Wars photos, as well as some other recently re-imagined comics and whatever else anyone wants to add. Im sure Flaxx has some cool stuff to add.

Sometimes a new vision is good, these characters do need a fresh breath of air from time to time. There is also teh suck(Batman and Robin, anyone?). I figure there could be some good discussion from this

The originator, Eric Poulton

Darth Vader http://bp2.blogger.com/_fYpsA3iAQDU/Rf-N68...aderDesktop.jpg

The Death Star http://bp0.blogger.com/_fYpsA3iAQDU/Rf-Nxc...starDesktop.jpg

edit: My re-sizing is for sh*t. Im gonna post the links as well

Edited by kyyle23

Obi Wan Kenobi

http://bp3.blogger.com/_fYpsA3iAQDU/Rgoiz4...00-h/ObiWan.jpg

Jabba The Hut

http://bp1.blogger.com/_fYpsA3iAQDU/Rf-N-s...abbaDesktop.jpg

QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Apr 22, 2007 -> 09:58 AM)
Indeed, those are quite nice.

However, nothing compares to the brilliance of Steve Odekerk as far as the re-imagined Star Wars Universe is concerned.

TWDvd.jpg

:bang

See, i knew you would have something great to add. :) Now, if we could only get Dave to wander over and add some of his drawings.....

QUOTE(BearSox @ Apr 22, 2007 -> 10:56 AM)
I dont like em...

I think they're really imaginative. To me, they're very evocative of sort of fantastical and playful, chock-full-of-anachronism George Melies films from the turn of the century. What the future would look lime to one with a late 19th century London world view.

Another different yet brilliant view, Marvel Zombies

http://dallas.caramelcomics.com/catalog/im...vel-zombies.jpg

I say lets hear em' all. If you have seen something you like or dont like, then post it. There has been plenty of movies in this vein recently(King Kong, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, Planet of the Apes, Lost in Space, etc)

Edited by kyyle23

QUOTE(BearSox @ Apr 22, 2007 -> 10:29 AM)
I think its because of me growing up as a huge stars fan, that any thing other then the original isn't right for me... I hate change.

Did you hate Episode 1, 2 and 3?

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Apr 22, 2007 -> 10:53 AM)
I can't tell who a few of those are. Little help?

Clockwise from top left

Ironman

Hulk

Spiderman

Human Torch

Thing

She-Hulk

Wolverine

Captain America

Cyclops

Rogue

Nightcrawler

Magneto is smashed in above Wolverines shoulder, below thing

Im drawing a blank on the misty black costumed guy in the middle, and the guy under Things outstretched arm

Edited by kyyle23

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Apr 22, 2007 -> 11:58 AM)
Clockwise from top left

Ironman

Hulk

Spiderman

Human Torch

Thing

She-Hulk

Wolverine

Captain America

Cyclops

Rogue

Nightcrawler

Magneto is smashed in above Wolverines shoulder, below thing

Im drawing a blank on the misty black costumed guy in the middle, and the guy under Things outstretched arm

I'm pretty sure that is Captain marvel - black and female version - if you zoom in. She has breasts and those funny sleeve cape things and a zomboe 'fro.

Tjere's also a Zombie Colossus under Thing's armpit.

Captain Marvel, of course. The parent company's less than exciting namesake. Its too bad that they cannot come up with something decent for her in a storyline. She has pretty much been a cameo here, a cameo there, and every once in a while a storyline that ends badly.

QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Apr 22, 2007 -> 11:24 AM)
Yep. No clue. Quicksilver maybe, based on the silver hair?

Speaking of Silver, did you see how Silver Surfer became a Zombie? Quite brutal. The Hulk was the reason why, and he didnt take it easy on the surfer

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Apr 22, 2007 -> 12:32 PM)
Speaking of Silver, did you see how Silver Surfer became a Zombie? Quite brutal. The Hulk was the reason why, and he didnt take it easy on the surfer

I just read the Wikipedia recap. Sounds like a fun series. It's been 10 years since I've read anything with regularity, so apart from a trade paperback that catches my eye here and there, I miss most everything.

Here's a re-imagined title, Camelot 3000, from way way back that some people disliked but I thought was pretty cool.

C3K.gif

Until this, I think I only knew Brian Bolland from the Judge Dredd UK mag stuff and some covers here and there. I though he did a good job on this series.

QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Apr 22, 2007 -> 12:27 PM)
I just read the Wikipedia recap. Sounds like a fun series. It's been 10 years since I've read anything with regularity, so apart from a trade paperback that catches my eye here and there, I miss most everything.

I had stopped reading for years also. Though when I was last into it I was reading all indies, aside from Judge Dredd.

But recently I have fallen so head over heals in love with the Marvel Essential lines that I have decided to start picking up titles here and there. I just grabbed a few issues of Daredevil. I never gave any time to the old Marvels, due mainly to the outrageous prices on them. So these Essentials are friggin' awesome in learning what they did way back when. There is some serious cheese at times (cover to cover with Ghost Rider), but it's also fun seeing how they all changed. I'm reading volume 1 of Iron Man right now. Dear Mr. Stark is all ready showing signs of falling apart, and we haven't even made it out of the Tales Of Suspense years yet!

I've been tempted to pick up the Zombie line...but am hesitant. Is it a full official run, or is it an excuse to make a graphic novel?

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Apr 22, 2007 -> 09:00 PM)
I had stopped reading for years also. Though when I was last into it I was reading all indies, aside from Judge Dredd.

But recently I have fallen so head over heals in love with the Marvel Essential lines that I have decided to start picking up titles here and there. I just grabbed a few issues of Daredevil. I never gave any time to the old Marvels, due mainly to the outrageous prices on them. So these Essentials are friggin' awesome in learning what they did way back when. There is some serious cheese at times (cover to cover with Ghost Rider), but it's also fun seeing how they all changed. I'm reading volume 1 of Iron Man right now. Dear Mr. Stark is all ready showing signs of falling apart, and we haven't even made it out of the Tales Of Suspense years yet!

I've been tempted to pick up the Zombie line...but am hesitant. Is it a full official run, or is it an excuse to make a graphic novel?

Official run. And well worth the investment

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Apr 22, 2007 -> 10:58 AM)

Guy under his arm is Colossus.

PS. Id like to see this batman and robin recreation thingy.

Edited by Steve9347

QUOTE(Steve9347 @ Apr 23, 2007 -> 12:05 PM)
Guy under his arm is Colossus.

PS. Id like to see this batman and robin recreation thingy.

What I was referring to was the Batman and Robin movie by Joel Shumacher. It was a very campy and insane interpretation of Gotham. And dont get me started on the characters.

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Apr 23, 2007 -> 12:32 PM)
Cool. What issue are we on now?

Im not sure, Im gonna have to get my copy back from my friend. Last I read, the zombie hulk removed(read: bit off) the Silver Surfers head to turn him into a zombie. I havent continued since I lent that issue to him.

Its a very cool "end to all life as we know it" series

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Apr 23, 2007 -> 01:20 PM)
What I was referring to was the Batman and Robin movie by Joel Shumacher. It was a very campy and insane interpretation of Gotham. And dont get me started on the characters.

I tried to convince my wife that Bane was actually a cool character in the comics, but it was a lost cause once she saw the movie. :ph34r:

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Apr 23, 2007 -> 01:36 PM)
Im not sure, Im gonna have to get my copy back from my friend. Last I read, the zombie hulk removed(read: bit off) the Silver Surfers head to turn him into a zombie. I havent continued since I lent that issue to him.

Its a very cool "end to all life as we know it" series

Hmm, from the online spoilers I just read, things are quite a bit further along than that. But, to be sure. . . had Galactus made an appearance yet?