Southside Report: Run Support, Pitching, and Firey Debate

Chisoxfn

Download the Show

The White Sox couldn't finish off a sweep in Detroit on Sunday, but the crew at the Southside Report finished off a sweep as they completed there 3rd straight show. And just as the crew is getting in a rhythm so are the Sox and despite a positive week a couple key pitchers have continued to get little support while Scott Podsednik's injury leads to an interesting debate on the entire left field/center field situation...

Download the Show

Streaming Version of the Show

How to Subscribe To Our Feed

QUOTE(danman31 @ Apr 23, 2007 -> 02:24 PM)
Erstad sucks at the plate Jason. You gotta stop with your Angel love.

You've always hated on players for bad attitudes (in this case Anderson) and it's no surprise you took this stance.

Dan, let me know if you'd be interested in doing a segment on the show one of these weeks (with some minor league discussion).

I won't deny Erstad is bad at the plate, but I also am not going to play a guy who has had a poor attitude and doesn't produce over Erstad (a guy who may not produce offensively, at least not thus far, but is still better offensively and has a superior attitude).

Digging the opening song this week.

Garland is definitely looking good so far—it’s hard to believe he hasn’t gotten a W to his name yet.

Buehrle’s start was definitely the best I’ve seen from a Sox pitcher ever. I only got to follow it on Gameday; however, it was awesome to keep track of.

Skip Clueless is an awesome nickname for such a dumbass—nice stabs at him Gage. That no hitter was legit, and it was definitely great.

Good point Mario—Buehrle’s probably are star pitcher, but the media probably doesn’t view him in the same lore as the Roger Clemens and Randy Johnsons.

I’ve been really pleased with John Danks. That Rangers trade has looked very positive on our end, thus far. He’s giving us good innings, and keeping us in games.

I agree that Erstad’s been a positive in the field, and that BA is not helping his cause at all. His performance at bat and in the field Sunday definitely hurt his very small bandwagon.

I agree about Iguchi. It should be in stone, that he’s our 2 hitter. He’s best in that spot, as he takes better at bats, and he gets us a lot more production in that spot. The Sox benefit much more with him there.

Bill Wertz = Hitler :lol:

Our bullpen has been great. I was a bit skeptical about that coming into the season; however, they’ve been very productive pitchers for the team. KW did a great job with those moves.

Ahahahaha, the godfather.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Apr 24, 2007 -> 11:15 PM)
I love hearing your guys feedback. Dan is going to be our guest on this weeks show so you can expect some good minor league discussion. I'm also working on getting a blogger in for a segment.

I'm pretty excited for it. Don't worry guys, we won't waste a whole show debating on Jack Egbert. Mainly because Heads isn't going to be on the show. I might try to go without mentioning him even just out of spite. :P

QUOTE(danman31 @ Apr 25, 2007 -> 02:32 PM)
I'm pretty excited for it. Don't worry guys, we won't waste a whole show debating on Jack Egbert. Mainly because Heads isn't going to be on the show. I might try to go without mentioning him even just out of spite. :P

Make it Aaron Cunningham instead and everyone's happy.