White Sox vs. Royals, 4/23/07 (W)

knightni

• Replies 631
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Greg The Bull Luzinski @ Apr 23, 2007 -> 05:49 PM)
In a word, yes. Though not completely. Erstad may yet hit this year. Anderson never hit last year.

Brian Anderson in:

AVG OBP SLG OPS

July .313 .328 .469 .797

August .296 .367 .437 .804

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Apr 23, 2007 -> 07:52 PM)
Brian Anderson in:

AVG OBP SLG OPS

July .313 .328 .469 .797

August .296 .367 .437 .804

That's right, he did have that 2 month hot streak. Too bad the season is six months long. As I said, I block out much of BA's offense from last year.

Edited by Greg The Bull Luzinski

QUOTE(Greg The Bull Luzinski @ Apr 23, 2007 -> 05:55 PM)
That's right, he did have that 2 month hot streak. Too bad the season is six months long. As I said, I bloack out much of BA's offense from last year.

There's a difference between saying that you block out much of BA's offense last year, which even I'll grant was bad, and saying that he never started to hit, which was simply untrue. He did start to hit, just not consistently across the season.

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Apr 23, 2007 -> 07:55 PM)
What a crock. Post September, April, May and June.

LET'S GO WHITE SOX

I'm just wondering, but do you hate Anderson because other people like him, or did he like kick your mother in the nuts or something?

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Apr 23, 2007 -> 07:56 PM)
There's a difference between saying that you block out much of BA's offense last year, which even I'll grant was bad, and saying that he never started to hit, which was simply untrue. He did start to hit, just not consistently across the season.

It sure did seem like he never hit anything. Though I would say 4 month of no hitting > 2 months of no hitting.

QUOTE(Greg The Bull Luzinski @ Apr 23, 2007 -> 05:57 PM)
It sure did seem like he never hit anything. Though I would say 4 month of no hitting > 2 months of no hitting.

Totally granted. I'd just say that Erstad's 6 years of pretty poor hitting should come into the discussion at some point as well.

QUOTE(Greg The Bull Luzinski @ Apr 23, 2007 -> 07:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I, and many others would say there are two gregs in this thread full of it. Only a matter of time before greg775 comes in here and in typical fashion kissing up the Royals making it a grand total of 3.

Edited by santo=dorf

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Apr 23, 2007 -> 07:59 PM)
Totally granted. I'd just say that Erstad's 6 years of pretty poor hitting should come into the discussion at some point as well.

To be truthful, I am not understand the Anderson love v. Erstad hate. They both have positive and negatives. Yet I think people here forget how miserable BA looked at the plate at times last year and see Anderson replacing Erstad as a solution. I just do not think that is realistic. If we get .260 out of CF, most of us will be happy unless it is Ken Griffey Jr.

Edited by Greg The Bull Luzinski

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Apr 23, 2007 -> 07:56 PM)
I'm just wondering, but do you hate Anderson because other people like him, or did he like kick your mother in the nuts or something?

I don't hate Brian Anderson. I just think he's a great example of ego when it isn't called for, poor hitting and poor approach to hitting.

It is obnoxious to see people gush about him. Just watching him at the plate makes it clear he has no clue what he's doing. It was clear last year, all year, and it's continued. But that's Ozzie's fault!!!!!111111111111111

I do like the cute attempt to insinuate that my mother has nuts. Your clever lulz!!111

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Apr 23, 2007 -> 07:59 PM)

Anderson also did not have an OPS below .554 during any month last year.

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ Apr 23, 2007 -> 07:59 PM)
I, and many others would say there are two gregs in this thread full of it. Only a matter of time before greg775 comes in here and in typical fashion kissing up the Royals making it a grand total of 3.

I'm full of it because I think BA's terrible? Give me a break.

QUOTE(Greg The Bull Luzinski @ Apr 23, 2007 -> 06:02 PM)
To be truthful, I am not understand the Anderson love v. Erstad hate. They both have positive and negatives. Yet I think people here forget how miserable BA looked at the plate at times last year and see Anderson as a solution. I just do not think that is realistic. If we get .260 out of CF, most of us will be happy unless it is Ken Griffey Jr.

I would agree with that...if I thought we were also getting the best defense out of the position we could. But IMO, that's also not Erstad. Heck, I'd easily prefer Terrero to Erstad in terms of getting this much playing time right now.