Car Discussion

RockRaines

QUOTE(DrunkBomber @ Apr 27, 2007 -> 05:10 PM)
Ya, but I think it was also the issue of being lied to. If one guy there tells them he can do that price and then one guy says they cant its just giving him the run around.

You are right, he may have missed that.

So here is the update. After basically email fighting, the GM finally offered me the orignal deal plus some freebies like XM radio. I got him to increase my trade in figure and we made a deal. I am going in to the dealership in the morning to sign the papers. Hopefully nothing goes wrong. I will begin racing you fools starting tomorrow.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Apr 27, 2007 -> 10:20 PM)

So here is the update. After basically email fighting, the GM finally offered me the orignal deal plus some freebies like XM radio. I got him to increase my trade in figure and we made a deal. I am going in to the dealership in the morning to sign the papers. Hopefully nothing goes wrong. I will begin racing you fools starting tomorrow.

Nice!

Of course, you'll have a bit of a horsepower advantage over my RSX....

Congratulations!

I just signed the loan on my GTO. I'll smoke your ass! :fight

Edited by StrangeSox

Congrats on the new wheels. If Balance and I can combine our horsepower we can beat you =D

Does anyone have any opinions on Subaru Impreza's? Everyone raves about how great looking and fast they are, but they aren't as common compared to a Honda, Mistu, Toyota, etc.

It already costs more money to repair foreign cars. I wouldn't want to buy one and get robbed to repair it just because no one knows how to work on it or because parts are even more expensive.

Edited by Whitewashed in '05

QUOTE(Whitewashed in @ Apr 30, 2007 -> 04:15 PM)
Does anyone have any opinions on Subaru Impreza's? Everyone raves about how great looking and fast they are, but they aren't as common compared to a Honda, Mistu, Toyota, etc.

Really? The current ones look ok, but I thought the first couple years of them were butt ugly.

It already costs more money to repair foreign cars. I wouldn't want to buy one and get robbed to repair it just because no one knows how to work on it or because parts are even more expensive.

I've heard that they can burn through clutches quickly if you beat on them. Not much else, though.

QUOTE(StrangeSox @ Apr 28, 2007 -> 04:02 PM)
Congratulations!

I just signed the loan on my GTO. I'll smoke your ass! :fight

Ill give it a go. I embarrassed a charger last night.

Also i found out that my 19 in wheels with potenzas are worthless in the snow, so I have to go buy some snow tires for the winter. Thats exciting.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ May 1, 2007 -> 02:51 PM)

Also i found out that my 19 in wheels with potenzas are worthless in the snow, so I have to go buy some snow tires for the winter. Thats exciting.

Did you ened up going with the lease?

QUOTE(Controlled Chaos @ May 1, 2007 -> 02:59 PM)
Did you ened up going with the lease?

Ya, my company ended up ponying up monthly money for the ride, so it was a smart deal financially as well. I received the car last night and boy does it drive great. I take it in tomorrow to get the XM installed and also my rims were not in stock so they will put those on as well.

I am also trying to figure out if they can do a tint for me as well.

Edited by RockRaines

QUOTE(RockRaines @ May 1, 2007 -> 02:51 PM)

Was it an SRT8? That's about the only one that stacks up to a GTO, speed-wise.

Hope you are enjoying your car. I saw one that was almost identical here on campus yesterday. It is a very, very nice car.

QUOTE(StrangeSox @ May 1, 2007 -> 03:07 PM)
Was it an SRT8? That's about the only one that stacks up to a GTO, speed-wise.

Hope you are enjoying your car. I saw one that was almost identical here on campus yesterday. It is a very, very nice car.

Not sure. Ive quickly found out in 24 hours that EVERYONE who comes up next to me at a red light wants to take me off the line.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ May 1, 2007 -> 03:10 PM)
Not sure. Ive quickly found out in 24 hours that EVERYONE who comes up next to me at a red light wants to take me off the line.

The best is when they don't realize that there's a cop at the intersection. Rev back to entice them, but then just drive normally once the light turns green and watch the hilarity ensue.

QUOTE(StrangeSox @ May 1, 2007 -> 03:20 PM)
The best is when they don't realize that there's a cop at the intersection. Rev back to entice them, but then just drive normally once the light turns green and watch the hilarity ensue.

Im still in the break in period too, so supposedly i cant go over 4k RPM's.

QUOTE(Whitewashed in @ Apr 30, 2007 -> 04:15 PM)

They are nice cars but most people choose to opt with Honda's and 'yotas because they are cheaper and slightly more gas efficient. The upside of them is the AWD. You have your standard Imprezas and Outback wagons then WRX ones and finally your STi's. The WRX and STi's have turbochargers on em. As far as maintenance goes, you should be cool if you buy it new and it stays under warranty just like any other car.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ May 1, 2007 -> 03:26 PM)
Im still in the break in period too, so supposedly i cant go over 4k RPM's.

Break-in periods are crucial. Piston rings need to seat (among other things) and it can take several thousand miles for this to all happen properly. I'd highly recommend getting an oil change soon after the break-in period. There will be a bunch of fine metal in the oil from the process that you don't want.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ May 2, 2007 -> 11:29 AM)
Doesnt Lotus have one like that?

The closest thing to this that I know of is the Ariel Atom.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ariel_Atom

Caterham makes reproduction Lotus Super Seven's

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caterham_Cars

Still, if this car's claimed performance holds true, it'll be quicker than those.

Edited by StrangeSox