AND THAT'S A WHITE SOX WINNER!!!

greasywheels121

Buehrle... $$$$$

Jenks fastball is also comming around. Kinda remember it was like this last season as well so it's very good to see him hitting 95+ again. Just a terrific win considering we have to beat the teams we're suppose to beat.

Gil Meche can actually turn into the steal of the 06-07 offseason. He looked real good today.

QUOTE(mr_genius @ Apr 23, 2007 -> 10:24 PM)
do you guys still hate Konerko and want him cut from the team? :P

:gosox1:

No one hated him or wanted him gone... everyone wanted him to hit though.

Hopefully Konerko keeps this up. If he heats up, along with Dye, and the pitching stays stellar... watch out.

Plus, Bobby was hitting 96 today on the gun. Hopefully he can up that at least 2 mph.

Edited by BearSox

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Apr 23, 2007 -> 10:38 PM)
I understand there isn't as much to talk about when the Sox win, but I love that this thread will be 35-40 posts, and a White Sox loser will bring to 200+

Haha. Great to see Paul have a fantastic game, hopefully he can start some kind of hot streak. It would sure be nice to have a hot bat beyond Jimmy.

Lets hope Vaz can keep it going tomorrow.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Apr 23, 2007 -> 09:38 PM)
I understand there isn't as much to talk about when the Sox win, but I love that this thread will be 35-40 posts, and a White Sox loser will bring to 200+

Haha. yah.

Great job all around tonight. Jenks now 6 of 7 on saves, hopefully this breaks Paulie out. Great pitching by Buerhle and a huge hit by Erstad. Good to see he is coming around a tiny bit.

Whoops. Bobby is 7 of 8.

Edited by jphat007

You won't hear that Konerko sucks out of me. Baseball is a long season and guys go through the motions. Paulie has proven he's not only one of the best Sox players of the last 10-20 years but that he's also one of the best run producers in baseball (no, he's not the best nor does he rank amongst the top 5 or so) but he's in the group right behind that) and when you do that you deserve the benefit of the doubt.

Great game for Paulie, not only offensively, but defensively as well. Crede is also looking better and Erstad has continued to get better and better cuts (which is important since like it or not, he is the starter as long as he's heatlhy).

Buehrle pitched well too!!!!

Paulie has risen. This is a REALLY REALLY good roadtrip if we can get it done tomorrow. I still contest we could have lost all 3 games at Detroit, so to have a 4-1 roadtrip in all division games would be outstanding.

In other news....we are now in a 3 way tie with Cleveland and Detroit for 2nd, 1/2 game behind Minnesota. Gonna be a crazy race.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Apr 23, 2007 -> 09:16 PM)
Paulie has risen. This is a REALLY REALLY good roadtrip if we can get it done tomorrow. I still contest we could have lost all 3 games at Detroit, so to have a 4-1 roadtrip in all division games would be outstanding.

In other news....we are now in a 3 way tie with Cleveland and Detroit for 2nd, 1/2 game behind Minnesota. Gonna be a crazy race.

I happen to think this is going to be the best divisional race since the league expanded to its current setup. There are four teams in this division that are playoff teams in most other divisions and its not too often you can say that.

I hope Konerko continues to show up.

Erstad saved this team some runs, and also gave us some. Nice game.

QUOTE(mr_genius @ Apr 23, 2007 -> 10:24 PM)
do you guys still hate Konerko and want him cut from the team? :P

:gosox1:

Did anyone actually say that?

And he did suck, horribly. Today he didnt.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Apr 23, 2007 -> 11:32 PM)
Did anyone actually say that?

And he did suck, horribly. Today he didnt.

I really doubt anyone did.

Konerko got the criticism he deserved for looking really bad at the plate up until today. Now he's getting the praise he deserves for having a fantastic game on both sides of the game.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Apr 23, 2007 -> 11:12 PM)
You won't hear that Konerko sucks out of me. Baseball is a long season and guys go through the motions. Paulie has proven he's not only one of the best Sox players of the last 10-20 years but that he's also one of the best run producers in baseball (no, he's not the best nor does he rank amongst the top 5 or so) but he's in the group right behind that) and when you do that you deserve the benefit of the doubt.

I don't expect Konerko to get hits or homers everytime he's at the plate, but things like yesterday at Detroit where he's grounding into a DP with runners on 1st and 3rd and less than 2 out in the 9th, there's just no excuse for, especially given his approach at the time.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Apr 23, 2007 -> 10:38 PM)

^

I was thinking the samething with the two threads on the front page.

Anyways, it was nice to see Pauly take the team and put it on his back tonight.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Apr 24, 2007 -> 06:47 AM)
^

I was thinking the samething with the two threads on the front page.

Anyways, it was nice to see Pauly take the team and put it on his back tonight.

http://www.suntimes.com/sports/baseball/wh...T-sox24.article

Don't Stop Believin' is BACK again in the clubhouse...discuss/debate, lol.