Encouraging news on Jenks

caulfield12

I was at the game tonight and his velocity is slowly climbing, as some expected/predicted.

Consistently 95-96 on the gun, which is a legit reading. A few 94's.

Sisco and MacDougal were both geeked up to face the former teams, especially Sisco. Jeremy was throwing 94-95 and Mike 95-96, which is the hardest each has thrown this season (that I've seen).

Erstad also is starting to get dialed in...the RBI single up the middle was the hardest hit ball on the night, and he also hit a liner to CF that was caught.

By the way, Jermaine really should have had that ball in the 9th inning. He looks very slow out there...I think we'll see Mackowiak moving over there and Anderson in LF more and more frequently.

Would be nice to take out Brian Bannister, who really struggled in the spring after being expected to make the Royals' rotation as the #4 or 5. And the Royals' bullpen really is a mess. This is the right time to be playing them, despite their 2/3 against the Twins this weekend.

Interesting gamesmanship from Ozzie, I know he didn't want to let Ross Gload get a clutch hit to beat him.

Most impressive thing was that the White Sox came back twice against Meche. Lowlight was Sisco's wildness and Matt Thornton continuing to struggle, although he did get the final out in the 8th to keep the White Sox from picking up their 6th blown save in 18 games.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE(caulfield12 @ Apr 23, 2007 -> 10:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I was at the game tonight and his velocity is slowly climbing, as some expected/predicted.

Consistently 95-96 on the gun, which is a legit reading. A few 94's.

Sisco and MacDougal were both geeked up to face the former teams, especially Sisco. Jeremy was throwing 94-95 and Mike 95-96, which is the hardest each has thrown this season (that I've seen).

Erstad also is starting to get dialed in...the RBI single up the middle was the hardest hit ball on the night, and he also hit a liner to CF that was caught.

By the way, Jermaine really should have had that ball in the 9th inning. He looks very slow out there...I think we'll see Mackowiak moving over there and Anderson in LF more and more frequently.

Would be nice to take out Brian Bannister, who really struggled in the spring after being expected to make the Royals' rotation as the #4 or 5. And the Royals' bullpen really is a mess. This is the right time to be playing them, despite their 2/3 against the Twins this weekend.

Most impressive thing was that the White Sox came back twice against Meche. Lowlight was Sisco's wildness and Matt Thornton continuing to struggle, although he did get the final out in the 8th to keep the White Sox from picking up their 6th blown save in 18 games.

To me it looked like Dye lost the ball in the lights mid dive the way he turned his head. I really doubt Mack moves out there for Dye. Dye has never looked fast, ever, but he gets to a lot of balls. He has a long stride, he is 6'5".

As far as Erstad goes, he has been hitting good for a while now. He has been smacking line drives for about a week or so, unfortunately just at people. The last couple of days those hard line drives have been hits instead of outs. He is going to be a damn good pick up for this team if healthy.

Edited by southsideirish

QUOTE(southsideirish @ Apr 23, 2007 -> 10:44 PM)
To me it looked like Dye lost the ball in the lights mid dive the way he turned his head. I really doubt Mack moves out there for Dye. Dye has never looked fast, ever, but he gets to a lot of balls. He has a long stride, he is 6'5".

As far as Erstad goes, he has been hitting good for a while now. He has been smacking line drives for about a week or so, unfortunately just at people. The last couple of days those hard line drives have been hits instead of outs. He is going to be a damn good pick up for this team if healthy.

It might have been the lights...Dye definitely didn't get a good read on it, and he kind of took an akward backhand dive at it, whereas he should have at least kept the ball in front of him. I was in the RF bleachers and it happened right in front of me.

I guess it's just enough that Konerko and Crede are finally coming around and the Twins are about to lose in extra innings, so all four teams in the AL Central are within 1/2 game now, and the White Sox have had the toughest schedule to date.

Good to hear that he's regaining some velocity. Even with out him throwing 98 though, I wouldn't worry too much about the guy. He seems to be able to tough out saves for the most part. There are definitely other things on this team that I'm far more worried about than Bobby.

Jenks got hit hard today with his velocity up a bit, but part of it was just really good approaches by the Royals hitters (going with the pitches and letting Jenks velocity work against him) but I think Bobby knew he was just out there to throw strikes and it almost looked like he was specifically working on his fastball.

We have to remember that he was a couple weeks behind where he'd usually be when it came to his spring training start and as such he wasn't where he'd like to have been (in terms of having his velocity) by the start of the season but it has continually climbed and tonights gun appeared to be pretty accurate (based on how both Meche/Buehrle have historically pitched velocity wise as well as Sisco/MacDougall) and Jenks was a consistent 95-96 with some good movement.

The only thing he didn't have going was any of his breaking stuff (and thats been a rarity this year because his breaking stuff has been a lot more consistent than I've ever remembered it).

QUOTE(caulfield12 @ Apr 23, 2007 -> 10:39 PM)

Jeremy who?