White Sox vs. Royals, 4/24/07 (W)

knightni

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(caulfield12 @ Apr 25, 2007 -> 02:35 AM)
Gload is worse than Pods in LF or Mack in CF!!! Didn't anyone see the first inning?

Thanks for the grand salami against Ray and Orioles last year Ross, but a lefty who throws 95 MPH and might have a future as a starter has a lot more value than a utility 1B/DH/LF.

Sisco will never be a starter. He'd need 100 pitches to get thru 4 innings. I wish we could get him in the minors right now working as a closer.

Gload is brutal in the OF. Sisco won't be very good unless he can throw strikes on a more consistent basis, but potentially he helps you more than Gload would. Besides losing Gload opened up a spot for the unaminous selection to the Grinder Hall of Fame, Darin Erstad.

QUOTE(fathom @ Apr 24, 2007 -> 09:37 PM)
Sisco will never be a starter. He'd need 100 pitches to get thru 4 innings. I wish we could get him in the minors right now working as a closer.

Well, he at least has the ability to be one...the Royals took a flier on Jorge De La Rosa, were patient with him, and he's starting to look like a serviceable starter.

By the way, White Sox not exactly looking like they would care to share 1st place with CLE after tonight.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Apr 25, 2007 -> 02:38 AM)
Gload is brutal in the OF. Sisco won't be very good unless he can throw strikes on a more consistent basis, but potentially he helps you more than Gload would. Besides losing Gload opened up a spot for the unaminous selection to the Grinder Hall of Fame, Darin Erstad.

I'm just wondering how long we're going to keep messing around with the LF and CF position over the next few years. It would be nice to sign a talented FA one of these years, especially with Dye gone after this year.

QUOTE(SleepyWhiteSox @ Apr 25, 2007 -> 02:39 AM)
So you guys are being serious about wishing we had gload as a full-time OFer?

I wish he was given the chance last year to show if he could do it or not when Pods clearly showed he couldn't.

QUOTE(SleepyWhiteSox @ Apr 24, 2007 -> 09:39 PM)
So you guys are being serious about wishing we had gload as a full-time OFer?

I could give 2 s***s that gload is gone. I just want to video tape his swing, and use it as a blue print for young hitters in our system. A nice line drive approach. Maybe then when a guy comes up, they wont look like concentrated cat poop for 2 to 3 years.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Apr 25, 2007 -> 02:41 AM)
I could give 2 s***s that gload is gone. I just want to video tape his swing, and use it as a blue print for young hitters in our system. A nice line drive approach. Maybe then when a guy comes up, they wont look like concentrated cat poop for 2 to 3 years.

You're going to hate Josh Fields, aren't you?

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Apr 24, 2007 -> 07:38 PM)
Well its about time for Mr. Anderson to get his rust off in the comfort of Charlotte. In fact the honey's down in Charlotte would be excited to meet a real life major leaguer.

I think it's about time to see Mr. Terrero get a shot also.