White Sox vs. Royals, 4/24/07 (W)

knightni

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Apr 25, 2007 -> 03:25 AM)
Give me a break. He had the same crap approach last year, too, and he had all of the first half and significant parts of the second half to make adjustments. It isn't playing time -- he's either uncoachable, suffering from bad coaching or simply an all-around mediocre baseball player.

He made improvements last year which is what you want to see out of a young player. He needs to be playing SOMEWHERE everyday. Charlotte looks to be that place with Terrero up here.

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Apr 24, 2007 -> 10:25 PM)
Give me a break. He had the same crap approach last year, too, and he had all of the first half and significant parts of the second half to make adjustments. It isn't playing time -- he's either uncoachable, suffering from bad coaching or simply an all-around mediocre baseball player.

Too bad they didnt bring Hrniak to work specifically with BA. Maybe he could of undone the 'instruction" he received in the minors.

QUOTE(South Side Fireworks Man @ Apr 24, 2007 -> 10:26 PM)
I wonder how other organizations rate Anderson right now. Do they still see him as a potential starter? Would the Phillies take him for Rowand, a soon to be FA, straight up?

His trade value is rock-bottom right now, I'd imagine.

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Apr 25, 2007 -> 03:26 AM)
I don't think he sees what he's swinging at.

Exactly, and has everything to do with starting his approach too soon. That much movement before the pitch, in addition to limited playing time, makes timing/vision impossible.

QUOTE(mr_genius @ Apr 24, 2007 -> 10:27 PM)
he's not that good at baseball

Unlike Konerko, who ties the game.

Paulie now 6/8 getting runner in from 3rd with less than 2 outs.

Unfortunately, that run Sunday afternoon (DP ball) really hurt us, but at least Konerko's come back to life these last two games.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Apr 24, 2007 -> 10:27 PM)
He made improvements last year which is what you want to see out of a young player. He needs to be playing SOMEWHERE everyday. Charlotte looks to be that place with Terrero up here.

Completely agree. Although I would like to see Owens leading off for the Sox, but we know that won't happen so I'd bring Terrero up as a backup.

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Apr 24, 2007 -> 10:25 PM)

What did Keith say that was wrong? We've all known since Brian came up that his swing was pretty damn ugly, but he did make some strides offensively in the 2nd half, he has/had a ways to go but he did improve a bit. Getting one start a week is only going to make things worse, so don't pretend like it doesn't.

You give a guy with a long swing only occasional at bats and that swing is just going to get longer, it's that simple. Brian needs to be in aaa right now.

QUOTE(fathom @ Apr 24, 2007 -> 10:28 PM)
Exactly, and has everything to do with starting his approach too soon. That much movement before the pitch, in addition to limited playing time, makes timing/vision impossible.

His stance reminds me somewhat of ARow but I always thought that Aaron did a better job of keeping his head down and on the ball when he was hitting well. I'd like to see a fundamental change to his stance, cause I have no idea how he can generate any power.

That being said, I still love the golden locks. :wub:

QUOTE(Maverick0984 @ Apr 24, 2007 -> 10:28 PM)
So, I'm just joining in now, don't get CSN++ down here in champaign. I'm glad we were able to tie it back up, even though we still had the 1st inning woes. Kinda perplexed at AJ in the 4th spot though :o.

I'm watching in Iowa City, and our regular Comcast feed just switched over to the game. Sweet! :gosox3: