White Sox vs. Royals, 4/24/07 (W)

knightni

QUOTE(Maverick0984 @ Apr 24, 2007 -> 10:28 PM)
So, I'm just joining in now, don't get CSN++ down here in champaign. I'm glad we were able to tie it back up, even though we still had the 1st inning woes. Kinda perplexed at AJ in the 4th spot though :o.

The lineup is all sorts of messed up tonight.

You should still get 670 AM down here, that's how I'm following the game.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Cubs need someone who can come into the game in the later innings and play the OF and actually catch the ball. Maybe even play against lefties and give Pie a break. The Sox could use a right handed batter who actually can hit. Murton can't field but he can hit and has nowhere to play for the Cubs. Anderson for Murton could be a good deal. I think Anderson will be the better player in a couple of years, but I have a hard time believing he's going to be very successful with the Sox.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Apr 24, 2007 -> 10:30 PM)
What did Keith say that was wrong? We've all known since Brian came up that his swing was pretty damn ugly, but he did make some strides offensively in the 2nd half, he has/had a ways to go but he did improve a bit. Getting one start a week is only going to make things worse, so don't pretend like it doesn't.

You give a guy with a long swing only occasional at bats and that swing is just going to get longer, it's that simple. Brian needs to be in aaa right now.

His approach and swing is crap whether he's playing every day or every thirty days.

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Apr 24, 2007 -> 10:29 PM)
Good manufacture job

Battle of the bullpens starting in the 5th or 6th should go to the White Sox, at least you'd think so...

Positive sign the White Sox are not getting buried by those 3-4 run leads and have gotten back into almost every game this season.

Vazquez has also "grinded" it out as well, despite not having his best stuff.

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Apr 24, 2007 -> 10:30 PM)
His stance reminds me somewhat of ARow but I always thought that Aaron did a better job of keeping his head down and on the ball when he was hitting well. I'd like to see a fundamental change to his stance, cause I have no idea how he can generate any power.

That being said, I still love the golden locks. :wub:

It's the little dip/hitch, whatever you wanna call it that he does that makes his swing pretty ugly. He can actually be pretty quick to the ball, unfortunately he makes things harder on himself.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Apr 24, 2007 -> 10:31 PM)
The Cubs need someone who can come into the game in the later innings and play the OF and actually catch the ball. Maybe even play against lefties and give Pie a break. The Sox could use a right handed batter who actually can hit. Murton can't field but he can hit and has nowhere to play for the Cubs. Anderson for Murton could be a good deal. I think Anderson will be the better player in a couple of years, but I have a hard time believing he's going to be very successful with the Sox.

I would probably make that deal. The problem is it leaves us with one guy who can play center.

QUOTE(shaneomacfan @ Apr 24, 2007 -> 10:30 PM)
I'm watching in Iowa City, and our regular Comcast feed just switched over to the game. Sweet! :gosox3:

oh wow, good idea! it is on regular CSN, nice! they were playing the bulls game earlier, which I was watching but had my choice of 2 channels...lol

QUOTE(fathom @ Apr 24, 2007 -> 11:31 PM)
Not a chance in hell it happens this year. Ozzie loves KW. I shudder to think about what our outfield will look like next year.

Are you advocating KW in CF for us this year now? :o

:P

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Apr 24, 2007 -> 10:31 PM)

I hear you, but the only problem is then we're back to Mack as our backup CF.

QUOTE(fathom @ Apr 24, 2007 -> 10:31 PM)
Not a chance in hell it happens this year. Ozzie loves KW. I shudder to think about what our outfield will look like next year.

I'd like to see us center a package around McCulloch.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Apr 24, 2007 -> 10:30 PM)
KW is probably frothing at the mouth to bring something in from Philly right now. They could reunite the stooges.

If Rowand comes back, it's because KW thinks playing him everyday is better than a platoon of Mack and Ozuna in LF.

Don't see it happening.

QUOTE(caulfield12 @ Apr 24, 2007 -> 10:34 PM)
If Rowand comes back, it's because KW thinks playing him everyday is better than a platoon of Mack and Ozuna in LF.

Don't see it happening.

The guy I want from Philly is Victorino, although we would have to give up some of our bullpen.

Its really a shame we cleared any ready and/or almost ready CFers in our system in order to take a big chance in handing the everyday job over to BA last year.

I'm still one that thinks he can get the job done, eventually, but he NEEDS to be in Charlotte, give us Terrero for late inning speed, and thats that.