White Sox vs. Royals, 4/24/07 (W)

knightni

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Jenks Heat @ Apr 24, 2007 -> 09:49 PM)
McDougal ain't going to make it to May with this workload. Think the Pena kid is going ot rip it somewher?

Pena can't pull a thing so no I don't expect it. And yes, I think we've used our relievers a lot, mainly because Ozzie has went to going just a couple batters per guy as opposed to using just one or two guys for a couple innings (maybe its just because he's trying to get these youngsters into the thought process of tight close games and than he'll start to stretch them out after wards. I realize Mac isn't really a youngster but a lot of these guys are and he may just be managing to see what they have, plus after last year I think he wants to set the example early that every game matters).

That said i"d much prefer we just go to a guy like Thornton for a full inning than turn it over to someone else most of the time (unless that guy is struggling). On the bright side the club does have an extra reliever up which should help and overall under Ozzie the pen is usually pretty well rested.