White Sox vs. Royals, 4/24/07 (W)

knightni

QUOTE(CryptviLL @ Apr 25, 2007 -> 02:48 AM)
BTW i want to commend ozzie on placing anderson in CF and not putting him at DH with erstad @ cf. I know this seems like a no-brainer, but you never know with the way ozzie's mind thinks. He made the right move today with that.

No offense, but I'm not going to commend him for s*** with putting Erstad at the DH spot. It's amazing how integral to this team Ozzie thinks Erstad is. This is a pretty brutal lineup we have tonight, and we really need to get another offensive option on the bench. Send down Logan, call up an offensive player.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Greg Walker offense is in full effect. Pull side ground outs on 1 or 2 pitches. And Strikeouts on either crap over your head, or bounced in. This kid might throw a complete game unless they get their heads out of their asses.

Now if we get the popup rangers in full effect, or we have Hawk and DJ talking about 7 or 8 different pitches and arm angles then we are f***ed.

No offense, but I'm not going to commend him for s*** with putting Erstad at the DH spot. It's amazing how integral to this team Ozzie thinks Erstad is. This is a pretty brutal lineup we have tonight, and we really need to get another offensive option on the bench. Send down Logan, call up an offensive player.

Agreed on this part, but just saying. If he's gonna have Erstand + anderson in the lineup this way. Then im glad he put anderson in the field and not Erstad.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Apr 24, 2007 -> 07:44 PM)
Sweeney is going to be out there next year.Both KW and OG are big fans. I think next offseason we may see why this offseason KW didn't even try to spend money. He'll have to sign somebody if Dye goes.

To my eyes, we have 4-5 potential OF's in our system. Fields, Sweeney, Anderson, and Owens...5 if you count Terrero. I'm going to be really disappointed if we can't find a way to get at least 2 of them into the lineup as starters next year...because that means that the Young trade looks even worse, and our Minor league system has really decided to start screwing up talented people.

Agreed on this part, but just saying. If he's gonna have Erstand + anderson in the lineup this way. Then im glad he put anderson in the field and not Erstad.

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Apr 24, 2007 -> 09:49 PM)
This game has a corpseball feel to it.

Prove me wrong, sox.

Yes it does...

It won't be long until Hawk tells us how amazing Bannister is and how he should be a strong consideration for Rookie of the Year with the stuff he has...

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Apr 25, 2007 -> 02:52 AM)
To my eyes, we have 4-5 potential OF's in our system. Fields, Sweeney, Anderson, and Owens...5 if you count Terrero. I'm going to be really disappointed if we can't find a way to get at least 2 of them into the lineup as starters next year...because that means that the Young trade looks even worse, and our Minor league system has really decided to start screwing up talented people.

Jerry Owens won't be a starter in the majors. At best, he's a 5th outfielder. I was told last week that Fields will be a 3B for the Sox during his career....I took that to mean Crede is gone after this year or next.

QUOTE(fathom @ Apr 24, 2007 -> 09:58 PM)
Jerry Owens won't be a starter in the majors. At best, he's a 5th outfielder. I was told last week that Fields will be a 3B for the Sox during his career....I took that to mean Crede is gone after this year or next.

Right. Everybody knew that. ;)

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Apr 25, 2007 -> 02:59 AM)
So when did we dip Timo in white paint. This is the worst DH on our team since we graced New York with OMIT as our DH batting close to 200.

I'm more concerned with Thome possibly having a minor injury.

Even on that routine fly ball, Anderson was too lazy to get behind it in case Sanders tried to go to 3rd base.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Apr 25, 2007 -> 03:00 AM)
Its one thing to insist Erstad be in the line-up everyday. Its more puzzling why OG insists on leading him off.

This will be the big question of 2007....it's sad that he will get 6 million from us if he gets 600 ABs. That's not exactly where I want the Buehrle/Dye money going to.

QUOTE(fathom @ Apr 25, 2007 -> 02:58 AM)

Josh is pretty small, right? MinorLeagueBaseball had him listed at 6"1, but I didn't buy that.

Anyways -- have the Sox ever thought about moving him to second? His arm strength might be wasted there, but it'd put less pressure on the Sox to resign Iguchi. And his bat could make him one of the better 2nd-baggers in all of baseball.

Or is that impractacle?

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Apr 24, 2007 -> 10:00 PM)
Its one thing to insist Erstad be in the line-up everyday. Its more puzzling why OG insists on leading him off.

This is the same guy who put Timo in the lineup like he was a rock star, and not the worthless hitter that he was. Remember when his midget ass was out at 1st base. You get warned on the xbox360 when you try and put players out of position.

"We apologise for any inconvenience"

Deploderer must've wrote the message.

the Server ate up my post, but I'm betting Guillen judges rookies on a tough scale just because he won the ROY.

Someone should point out to Guillen in 1985 he had a .291 OBP and .358 SLg

In 2006 Brian Anderson had a .290 OBP and .359 SLG.

Funny how that all works out.

QUOTE(fathom @ Apr 24, 2007 -> 10:01 PM)
Even on that routine fly ball, Anderson was too lazy to get behind it in case Sanders tried to go to 3rd base.

This will be the big question of 2007....it's sad that he will get 6 million from us if he gets 600 ABs. That's not exactly where I want the Buehrle/Dye money going to.

If he hits like this all season and Ozzie gets him those at bats he should be committed.