White Sox vs. Royals, 4/24/07 (W)

knightni

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Apr 24, 2007 -> 10:02 PM)
Josh is pretty small, right? MinorLeagueBaseball had him listed at 6"1, but I didn't buy that.

Anyways -- have the Sox ever thought about moving him to second? His arm strength might be wasted there, but it'd put less pressure on the Sox to resign Iguchi. And his bat could make him one of the better 2nd-baggers in all of baseball.

Or is that impractacle?

I've thought about it. He has athleticism, but I have no idea if he could.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Apr 24, 2007 -> 10:02 PM)
Josh is pretty small, right? MinorLeagueBaseball had him listed at 6"1, but I didn't buy that.

Anyways -- have the Sox ever thought about moving him to second? His arm strength might be wasted there, but it'd put less pressure on the Sox to resign Iguchi. And his bat could make him one of the better 2nd-baggers in all of baseball.

Or is that impractacle?

Crede will go because of Boras + his back. It's the right decision. A no-brainer.

We'd have no one else if we didn't bring Fields up at third.

QUOTE(fathom @ Apr 24, 2007 -> 09:58 PM)
Jerry Owens won't be a starter in the majors. At best, he's a 5th outfielder. I was told last week that Fields will be a 3B for the Sox during his career....I took that to mean Crede is gone after this year or next.

I still think Owens is a better option than Erstad at this point. I think you underestimate him, I think he'll be a fourth outfielder with a chance to be a starter.

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ Apr 24, 2007 -> 11:02 PM)
"We apologise for any inconvenience"

Deploderer must've wrote the message.

the Server ate up my post, but I'm betting Guillen judges rookies on a tough scale just because he won the ROY.

Someone should point out to Guillen in 1985 he had a .291 OBP and .358 SLg

In 2006 Brian Anderson had a .290 OBP and .359 SLG.

Funny how that all works out.

Yeah, but you have to account for inflation. So a .291 OBP in 1985 is at least a .750 OBP today.

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Apr 25, 2007 -> 03:03 AM)
Crede will go because of Boras + his back. It's the right decision. A no-brainer.

We'd have no one else if we didn't bring Fields up at third.

I'm thinking about a free agent in 2008-2009 (maybe it's a year later) who has certain connections to Ozzie... That's why I brought it up.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Apr 24, 2007 -> 10:05 PM)
Fields is really going to strike out a lot when and if he becomes a regular in the major leagues. I still don't think he'll be any good, but KW said last year he'll be an All Star.

We need to start drafting baseball players. Not football players who also play baseball.

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Apr 25, 2007 -> 03:05 AM)
Aren't you the same guy who b****es that nobody runs down the line for the Sox hard?

His hustle is the only thing he does particularly well besides D.

Appreciate it. :P

His hustle this year has been poor. In his limited time, he seems almost too relaxed out there. I hate to break it to Brian, but he's never going to get a lot of playing time unless he plays well.