White Sox vs. Royals, 4/24/07 (W)

knightni

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Apr 24, 2007 -> 10:38 PM)
You mean he might just have an attitude problem and be uncoachable (like his dear friend) and not prepare well enough?

Oh!

PS: there are lots of guys who can hit in the minors and then blow in the major leagues. He's one of them.

I'm still waiting to hear where he's unwilling to be helped.

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Apr 25, 2007 -> 03:40 AM)
I say it because no one else will.

If he's to fix his career he's to make serious mental and physical adjustments that he hasn't shown himself capable of making in the last year.

And the problem is I don't think Ozzie will give him that chance. It's not a knock on Ozzie. Anderson sucked last year, and him and Ozzie clearly don't see eye-to-eye.

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Apr 24, 2007 -> 10:40 PM)

If he's to fix his career he's to make serious mental and physical adjustments that he hasn't shown himself capable of making in the last year.

Which a lot and lot and lot and lot and lot and lot and lot(you get the point) of young players don't realize and aren't capable in a whole 400 ab's.

Edited by Rowand44

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Apr 25, 2007 -> 03:41 AM)
I don't care if Dye belts 40 again and drives in 115. I want no part of him next year or in the next few years. He's slow as hell now and I don't want him getting slower and older in the next three-five years here.

Put him in LF.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Apr 24, 2007 -> 10:38 PM)
I still have my eye on Baldelli. Too many OFers for that team. I wanted Dukes until you and Cheat informed me about his problems not only off the field, but with his teammates.

In fact, I wouldn't be totally averse to sending Dye to a west coast team for a pitching 'spect and then sending that 'spect and some of our lesser arms to Tampa for Rocco.

They could probably send Dye to the Angels for Saunders and Willits/Aybar and then flip Saunders to the D-Rays with someone to get Baldelli....

Another idea would be to get Kotchmann, McPherson or Morales on the cheap, and put Fields in LF.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Apr 25, 2007 -> 03:38 AM)
PS: there are lots of guys who can hit in the minors and then blow in the major leagues. He's one of them.

Haha, I love people who believe minor league stats mean nothing when there's evidence contrary to that.

That being said, you (not you specifically) had to be dumb to think Brian was going to hit .270 last year. He struck something like 130 times in his last year in AAA. He seemed to finally adjust around the halfway point of last year, but Ozzie still felt it necessary to platoon him despite the fact that (around the halfway-to-three-quarters point) he was hitting righties better.

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Apr 24, 2007 -> 10:41 PM)
I'm still waiting to hear where he's unwilling to be helped.

It's conjecture. Sitting around watching TV instead of reviewing pitchers; all of the buzz about his attitude from Ozzie; the buzz about Brandon that he was "uncoachable"; the fact that he hasn't changed in a year.

It's clearly mental as well as physical.

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Apr 24, 2007 -> 10:40 PM)

You put Anderson in the Texas hitting coaches hands for a few months, and we are looking at a different hitter. Hell give him to the Twins and he would look like a stud.

QUOTE(fathom @ Apr 25, 2007 -> 03:40 AM)
I'd love to have Rocco, but he really seems to struggle staying healthy. He seems like one of those guys who is going to lose his speed sooner rather than later.

Well, he'd have two factors working for him here. First, the Sox tend to do a very good job of keeping injury-plagued players healthy, and he wouldn't be playing on turf everyday anymore.

QUOTE(fathom @ Apr 24, 2007 -> 10:41 PM)
And the problem is I don't think Ozzie will give him that chance. It's not a knock on Ozzie. Anderson sucked last year, and him and Ozzie clearly don't see eye-to-eye.

He's had chances to show improvement and he hasn't shown any IMO. Even when he had a good month (July, August) he didn't look any better.

You know better than that. He's bad.

That being said, you (not you specifically) had to be dumb to think Brian was going to hit .270 last year. He struck something like 130 times in his last year in AAA. He seemed to finally adjust around the halfway point of last year, but Ozzie still felt it necessary to platoon him despite the fact that (around the halfway-to-three-quarters point) he was hitting righties better.

Right. I disagree. He didn't look different at all. Still same poor approach and swing, IMO, and he went back to form in September.

You put Anderson in the Texas hitting coaches hands for a few months, and we are looking at a different hitter. Hell give him to the Twins and he would look like a stud.

I've long said that I wouldn't bet against him if sent to Texas. I don't buy that he'd succeed in Minnesota, though.