White Sox vs. Royals, 4/24/07 (W)

knightni

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Apr 24, 2007 -> 10:48 PM)
I thought about a Saunders-for-Dye trade just a couple of nights ago. We don't need Saunders, but he's a guy that would appeal to the D-Rays seeing that he's had some success at the big league level. Package him with some of our prospects (Broadway, Logan, McCollough) and see if we can get a deal done.

How does that improve our team? Dye>Baldelli

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(fathom @ Apr 24, 2007 -> 08:53 PM)
The thing is, I like Erstad. I just hate the role he's in/way Ozzie uses him. He'd be perfect as a 4th outfielder if we had a better outfield.

But why hate on a guy because of the situation. And no, I don't think BA should be the everyday starter. In a perfect world maybe Erstad is a backup, but you know what, when he's healthy he's still a pretty solid role player (in fact a pretty good role player). Sure he's no star, but every good team needs good role players and Darin is exactly that.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Apr 25, 2007 -> 03:53 AM)
Afterall, the Sox gave Anderson plenty of time to dig his own grave last year (not only with his production but with his approach to the game, day in day out).

Not really -- the platoon began in the second game of the season, IIRC.

QUOTE(HeGone33 @ Apr 24, 2007 -> 10:54 PM)
You beat me to it, I admit, it's developing here too, not sure if its because of his play, or Hawk and DJ describing him like a character in a romance novel.

Hawk: "One would have to think, watching from the right fielders point of view, that a line drive off the bat of Erstad looks like a rising sun before it drops in for a hit, displaying a beauty only found in nature or off the man's bat."

QUOTE(knightni @ Apr 24, 2007 -> 10:55 PM)
KC has some bad TV guys I know.

Bad doesn't begin to describe it and the damn mlb screen saver of pac man has me wanting to throw stuff at my TV,

On the bright side, I have the S-Video connection going, the audio to my stereo and soxtalk on the laptop screen. This is pretty sweet.

QUOTE(danman31 @ Apr 25, 2007 -> 03:55 AM)
How does that improve our team? Dye>Baldelli

Baldelli had an OPS+ right around 120 last year. He plays better defense than Dye and runs the bases better.

It would hurt us a bit for the rest of the season -- I agree with that -- but we'd still be getting three+ years from Baldelli as opposed to the three months left of Dye.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Apr 25, 2007 -> 03:55 AM)
But why hate on a guy because of the situation. And no, I don't think BA should be the everyday starter. In a perfect world maybe Erstad is a backup, but you know what, when he's healthy he's still a pretty solid role player (in fact a pretty good role player). Sure he's no star, but every good team needs good role players and Darin is exactly that.

I just worry about how Ozzie uses him. A great example of my concern is how he let him face a good LHP in 7th inning with a RISP in a tie game when he had Ozuna on the bench. The whole 6 million dollar option is scary also.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Apr 24, 2007 -> 10:58 PM)
If we took this approach with men in scoring position and less than 2 outs this offense would be filthy.

Honestly, I completely agree. At times, I just think you blame Walk too much.

QUOTE(HeGone33 @ Apr 24, 2007 -> 10:58 PM)
So, say we win tonight, and didn't blow 2 games in the 9th inning, we would have the best record to this point.

Thats a pretty good feeling knowing the team has hit so bad.

If the pitching keeps it up and if the offense becomes consistent, the Sox shouldn't have a problem winning this division.

That's a couple of big "ifs" though.