White Sox vs. Royals, 4/24/07 (W)

knightni

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Frankensteiner @ Apr 25, 2007 -> 04:36 AM)
If Thornton still has his usual velocity he should be fine. We might need to give him some appeareances to get straightened out, and give him a full innning instead of using him as a LOOGY (which has been the case lately).

People have the book on him though. He's not throwing his offspeed stuff at all, so they can sit on the first pitch fastball. A lot of damage has been done on him vs first pitch fastball this year already.

QUOTE(fathom @ Apr 24, 2007 -> 09:38 PM)
But that's part of the problem having such a young bullpen. If Ozzie is going to use them like a lunatic, they need to be more consistent. They've done a good job of throwing strikes this year, but they're not getting the crucial outs.

I didn't see a problem with what Ozzie did. He went to his lefty and went to his righty. He didn't want to go MacDougall...lefty...than another righty, instead he was hoping he could get another out from Vazquez before turning it over to the lefty and than using Mac (made sense to me). It didn't work out but I had no problem with the move.

I think he's been a bit too reliant on the lefty/righty matchups but I know there are a lot of smart people in baseball that live with things like that.

QUOTE(Capn12 @ Apr 24, 2007 -> 11:38 PM)
Go go KC bullpen.

See, our pen could be worse.

Yeah, their pen continues to get worse. I was worried because Duckworth was a starter until this outing and had done well. Crede says f*** that!

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Apr 24, 2007 -> 11:40 PM)
I didn't see a problem with what Ozzie did. He went to his lefty and went to his righty. He didn't want to go MacDougall...lefty...than another righty, instead he was hoping he could get another out from Vazquez before turning it over to the lefty and than using Mac (made sense to me). It didn't work out but I had no problem with the move.

here here