White Sox vs. Royals, 4/24/07 (W)

knightni

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Apr 24, 2007 -> 08:22 PM)
*headshake*

What'd Ozzie do to Gload, now?

Everyone hates Osvaldo!

It's one thing to hate on him when he does soemthing wrong, but it's just unbelievably embarassing to just make stuff up.

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Apr 25, 2007 -> 02:23 AM)
I loves me some Ross Gload. Too bad he's not our left fielder.

Let's hope that triple was the end of his revenge, though. For those watching on TV, does Vaz look as bad as he sounds?

Worse...the only out he got should have been a homer hit on the pitch before.

QUOTE(fathom @ Apr 24, 2007 -> 08:23 PM)
Do you even post about the game anymore, or just rip on posters? Ozzie never gave him a chance to start in the outfield last year.

Only when you say something as ridiculous as that. I mean seriously. Do you even think about the stuff you post?

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Apr 25, 2007 -> 02:22 AM)
*headshake*

What'd Ozzie do to Gload, now?

Everyone hates Osvaldo!

I guess I must have been in my own world when I recalled people pleading for Gload to get the chance to start in LF last year. Sorry, must have been a different player.

QUOTE(fathom @ Apr 24, 2007 -> 09:25 PM)
I guess I must have been in my own world when I recalled people pleading for Gload to get the chance to start in LF last year. Sorry, must have been a different player.

GLOAD OR SISCO make your pick

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Apr 25, 2007 -> 02:24 AM)
Gload or Sisco, make your pick right now.

Tough call, too hard to tell how Sisco is going to be. I hate watching Sisco pitch, as he always makes it seem like throwing strikes is hard. Considering bringing back Pods was a pathetic decision by KW, I would rather have Gload leading off than Sisco as our 6th best reliever.

Edited by fathom

QUOTE(fathom @ Apr 24, 2007 -> 09:25 PM)

Gload got plenty of playing time last year.

I'd have preferred Gload to Podsednik but it probably wasn't some brutal decision that Gload hates Ozzie for. He got plenty of roster time considering his position as the twenty fifth man.

QUOTE(fathom @ Apr 24, 2007 -> 09:26 PM)
Tough call, too hard to tell how Sisco is going to be. I hate watching Sisco pitch, as he always makes it seem like throwing strikes is hard.

STFU Fathom. The best thing Gload ever did for the White Sox was get traded for Sisco.

QUOTE(fathom @ Apr 24, 2007 -> 09:26 PM)
Tough call, too hard to tell how Sisco is going to be. I hate watching Sisco pitch, as he always makes it seem like throwing strikes is hard. Considering bringing back Pods was a pathetic decision by KW, I would rather have Gload leading off than Sisco as our 6th best reliever.

A lot of hard-throwing lefties do that, though.

What is it with giving other teams a 3-4 run cushion that our offense has to make up?

This is getting old fast.

Agreed. But i'd much rather have the royals staff to face, then a team like detroit to face when down like this.

;)

QUOTE(caulfield12 @ Apr 24, 2007 -> 08:23 PM)
Apparently Ross Gload was supposed to be our starting LF, even though he doesn't start for KC but platoons with Emil Brown.

He went to KC as a backup 1B/DH, took a platoon spot in LF because of his play, and has played more than Brown (who had the starting job in hand before Gload arrived). He earned the job, and the KC manager had the sense to play the better player.

I'm glad we have Sisco, but its a shame that we ended up with Pods starting in LF when there were multiple better options on the team.

Our pitchers need to get over this spotting the opposition a 3 to 4 spot in the first inning thing that has been going on. Its funny, they get rocked the first inning, then mow them down for the rest. Just concentrate a bit more earlier, or throw more pitches in the bullpen session.