Journey is back baby

Jimbo's Drinker

haha love it. ever since '05 i love that song and i even listened to it to get pumped for the last show of the play i was just in. I love that it's back - i got no problem with a little more '05 feel in the clubhouse now that they're showing it on the field

QUOTE(retro1983hat @ Apr 24, 2007 -> 09:57 AM)
My favorite "Don't Stop Believing" memory from 2005 was when Crede, AJ and Rowand were in one of the locker room celebrations and apparently drunk and made Amy Jacobson sing it with them.

thats basically how the whole thing started.

QUOTE(Jimbo @ Apr 24, 2007 -> 09:58 AM)
thats basically how the whole thing started.

Actually the story is that they were in a bar in Baltimore I believe, and they were watching a bar band. Rowand yelled "play some journey" and they did, an thats how it started.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Apr 24, 2007 -> 08:16 AM)
Actually the story is that they were in a bar in Baltimore I believe, and they were watching a bar band. Rowand yelled "play some journey" and they did, an thats how it started.

So, my recollection is...it was a lounge-singer type act, and the version I got was that it was Crede doing the yelling, and the exact quote was "Play some f***ing Journey!", at which point they did a lounge-singer type version of the song.

It didn't become the team theme song until it was played when the Sox were down 4-0 in game 2 of the ALDS, when it was played in the 5th inning. At the end of that inning, Chris Berman was in Tears and the Sox were up 5-4.

Ozzie's quote here = classic as well.