DEM Primaries/Candidates thread

NorthSideSox72

QUOTE(Athomeboy_2000 @ Feb 14, 2008 -> 04:13 PM)
NM Results are finally in...

Obama - 71,396

Clinton - 73,105

Total Votes - 149,779 votes

This state does not matter...according to the Clintons' take on caucuses. But I'm sure she will tell us what a great win this was.

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Feb 14, 2008 -> 01:27 PM)
Isn't it possible that hte Clintons are running a solid campaign but Obama is just running a better one? I'll submit this as evidence of that claim:

20080213-93scucptus69u8rhjq2r46ipk.jpg

There's no doubt that Clinton is running a solid campaign. I was in her corner until about six months ago, when I apparently started drinking lots of Kool-Aid.

QUOTE(Mplssoxfan @ Feb 14, 2008 -> 02:48 PM)
There's no doubt that Clinton is running a solid campaign. I was in her corner until about six months ago, when I apparently started drinking lots of Kool-Aid.

You're in Minnesota, so you don't count anyways.

QUOTE(Mplssoxfan @ Feb 14, 2008 -> 05:53 PM)
I don't count for a few reasons.

1. Caucuses

2. "Only" 10 Electoral Votes

3. My precinct went 74%-26% Obama.

in my book the individual matters even MORE in a caucus.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Feb 14, 2008 -> 01:27 PM)
Isn't it possible that hte Clintons are running a solid campaign but Obama is just running a better one? I'll submit this as evidence of that claim:

20080213-93scucptus69u8rhjq2r46ipk.jpg

The votes claim might mean something, but the delegate count comparison is worthless between parties, because the Dems seat 4049 delegates while the Repubs seat 2380.

QUOTE(Athomeboy_2000 @ Feb 15, 2008 -> 09:16 AM)
I hate polls. so inaccurite

There's still 2 and half weeks until March 4th. He is focusing his efforts on the upcoming primaries/caucuses in Wisconsin and Hawaii. Starting next Tuesday he will be visiting Texas, Ohio, Rhode Island and Vermont. Generally, the more exposure he has the more people like him.

Edited by BigSqwert

QUOTE(Athomeboy_2000 @ Feb 15, 2008 -> 09:21 AM)
You're preaching to the choir :)

My point is that the polls today are not a good snap shot of what will likely occur 2 weeks from Tuesday. She was up in Maine by 37 points not too long ago and we saw what happened there.

There's a lot of sentiment that Republicans by the masses are going to cross and vote Obama. The Hillary hate here is pretty big.

I know I'm going to go vote and it's going to be for Obama, and Mrs. Kap's doing the same thing. Neither of us would vote for him in the general, but no one wants another Clinton near the White House.

Really, Texas is a difficult state for both, if you think about it. I think it's sad that it's that way, but it's true.

So, my line get's to be, I voted for Obama, before I voted against him. :lolhitting

You guys really do believe Obama is going to beat the Clinton machine, don't you? One of two things will happen.

1. Some way, shape or form the Machine will wheel and deal to get the nomination. They'll offer Obama the VP so they can put the token n***** in his place after the inauguration. I predict race riots if this happens.

2. Obama gets the nomination and Hillary gets VP. A few months into his term, so "white racist skinhead" assasinates Obama. Net Result: Hillary can be POTUS for 11.5 years.

I'm leaning toward number 2 as the most likely scenario.

Edit to add: I literally typed in n star star star star star ... I just feel the would be the actual Clinton perspective and used that to make that point.

Edited by YASNY

QUOTE(YASNY @ Feb 15, 2008 -> 09:29 AM)
You guys really do believe Obama is going to beat the Clinton machine, don't you? One of two things will happen.

1. Some way, shape or form the Machine will wheel and deal to get the nomination. They'll offer Obama the VP so they can put the token n***** in his place after the inauguration. I predict race riots if this happens.

2. Obama gets the nomination and Hillary gets VP. A few months into his term, so "white racist skinhead" assasinates Obama. Net Result: Hillary can be POTUS for 11.5 years.

I'm leaning toward number 2 as the most likely scenario.

I'm leaning towards this being one of the most offensive and ridiculous posts I've read in some time.

EDIT: N star star star star star helps a bit, but it's still a ridiculous post.

Edited by Steve9347

QUOTE(Steve9347 @ Feb 15, 2008 -> 09:30 AM)
I'm leaning towards this being one of the most offensive and ridiculous posts I've read in some time.

EDIT: N star star star star star helps a bit, but it's still a ridiculous post.

Just wait.