DEM Primaries/Candidates thread

NorthSideSox72

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Apr 1, 2008 -> 07:43 AM)
Our PM had a face to face meeting with Hilary yesterday, going to meet McCain today I believe, but he's only going to give Obama a phone call (and Hilary is his preferred candidate).

Stupid, stupid man.

Over the last few months it seems like overseas support has been leaning towards Obama. At least in the various articles I've stumbled across.

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Apr 1, 2008 -> 09:03 AM)
Over the last few months it seems like overseas support has been leaning towards Obama. At least in the various articles I've stumbled across.

agreed. It was my understanding that a lot of the European countries are in favor of Obama. Not sure about their leaders, but I heard the people are. That HAS to be a good thing since most of Europe has disdain for Bush, and by proxy, Americans in general.

QUOTE(Jenks Heat @ Mar 19, 2008 -> 09:50 AM)
I really lose all respect for the dopes that backed the war and then just feel we should up and leave. We made our bed now we need to lie in it. I love the hindsite being 20/20 of these morons.

If you leave Iraq in shambles, it becomes hot bed for terrorism as there is no governemnt in place. That is the intent of the attcks now.

You can not just up and leave and let the place fester.

Fools.

I love the people that would rather keep making the same mistake over and over again, even in the face of new information.

Look around the globe, there are so many countries that harbor terrorists it would actually be beneficial if they all concentrated in one.

Look around the globe, there are bigger threats. Unstable countries with nuclear weapons. There are festering countries all over the globe.

But just keep your head down and pounding into that same brick wall, with the same methods.

QUOTE(bmags @ Apr 1, 2008 -> 08:17 AM)
I'm only reading surveyUSA at this point.

I find it intriguing that both Rass and SUSA show essentially the same number for Obama right now in that state, but the difference lies entirely in where they put HRC.

WOW! Talk about getting BEYOND desperate and stretching comments to an extreme. They are saying Obama said the campaign is the "Bataan death march" and/or it might be a "good thing".

The problem... he never said it. Well, not in that context at least. The REAL quote was that he said some people feel the campaign is a "Bataan death march" since in the end the democrats will be dead in the general election. HOWEVER, he was really telling people to just relax and it will all be ok in the end.

I really have lost all respect for Hillary Clinton's campaign. They made it seem like he himself thought the race was the "Bataan death march". He does not.

Edited by Athomeboy_2000

QUOTE(Athomeboy_2000 @ Apr 1, 2008 -> 02:53 PM)
WOW! Talk about getting BEYOND desperate and stretching comments to an extreme. They are saying Obama said the campaign is the "Bataan death march" and/or it might be a "good thing".

The problem... he never said it. Well, not in that context at least. The REAL quote was that he said some people feel the campaign is a "Bataan death march" since in the end the democrats will be dead in the general election. HOWEVER, he was really telling people to just relax and it will all be ok in the end.

I really have lost all respect for Hillary Clinton's campaign. They made it seem like he himself thought the race was the "Bataan death march". He does not.

dude, be honest - when did you have respect for her campaign?

I heard earlier this afternoon that Clinton will not be releasing her fundraising states for March. uh oh!

By the way, she said exactly ONE week ago that she would have her taxes released "within the week". Well, it's been a week... no taxes.

Bill Clinton has officially fallen off his rocker (well, McCain is the one with the rocker... but I wont go there. hehehe)

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/04/02/b...e-_n_94605.html

"The Bill Clinton who met privately with California's superdelegates at last weekend's state convention was a far cry from the congenial former president who afterward publicly urged fellow Democrats to 'chill out' over the race between his wife, Hillary Rodham Clinton, and Barack Obama," the San Francisco Chronicle reports.

"It was one of the worst political meetings I have ever attended," one superdelegate said.

As the group moved together for the perfunctory photo, Rachel Binah, a former Richardson delegate who now supports Hillary Clinton, told Bill how "sorry" she was to have heard former Clinton campaign manager James Carville call Richardson a "Judas" for backing Obama.

It was as if someone pulled the pin from a grenade.

"Five times to my face (Richardson) said that he would never do that," a red-faced, finger-pointing Clinton erupted.

The former president then went on a tirade that ran from the media's unfair treatment of Hillary to questions about the fairness of the votes in state caucuses that voted for Obama. It ended with him asking delegates to imagine what the reaction would be if Obama was trailing by just 1 percent and people were telling him to drop out.

For what it's worth:

Obama overtakes Clinton in PA Polls!!!

Barack Obama has taken the lead over Hillary Clinton 45-43 in Pennsylvania, according to the newest survey from Public Policy Polling. It’s a remarkable turn around from PPP’s last Pennsylvania poll, conducted two and a half weeks ago, that showed Clinton with a 26 point lead in the state.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Apr 2, 2008 -> 11:02 AM)
Um...yeah, a 30 or so point swing, from the outlier on one side to the outlier on the other side.

Somehow, I feel the urge to go re-read Survey USA's data.

The fact that there is even a single poll that shows he is in the lead is amazing. The fact that it is close ENOUGH to make it plausible is a huge step for obama.

I also point to this in their press release:

Public Policy Polling had the most accurate numbers of any company in the country for the Democratic primaries in South Carolina and Wisconsin, as well as the closest numbers for any organization that polled the contests in both Texas and Ohio.

QUOTE(bmags @ Apr 2, 2008 -> 11:08 AM)
Clinton is not down 1%, she's down 3%.

pledged delegates to date: 2684.5

Obama: 1416 (52.747%)

Clinton 1250.5 (46.582%)

Edwards: 18

So, she's actually 6.165% behind in the delegates and 4-6% in the latest nation wide polls.

QUOTE(bmags @ Apr 2, 2008 -> 09:08 AM)
Clinton is not down 1%, she's down 3%.

If you count the popular vote, I wouldn't be surprised if she was right. Obama has a very narrow lead amongst delegates pledged from primary states, and that's going to dominate the popular vote totals since Caucuses have much lower turnout numbers than primaries. But that's a bit of a joke of an argument to my eyes, because it does underestimate the gap that opened up in late Feb by minimizing the contributions of caucuses.