DEM Primaries/Candidates thread

NorthSideSox72

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Steve9347 @ Feb 20, 2008 -> 12:52 PM)
Kapkomet: Hillary will win.

The World: Keep thinking that, but you're wrong.

Kapkomet: I know, I don't even believe myself, but I just have to continue being ridiculous because I've held this stance for so long. Ignore me.

The World: 'K.

Hey, I'll be glad when Hillary is gone from the political fixture that is the United States political landscape. Just remember, they have never lost an election. If you count them as dead now, she'll come back to bite you in the ass. Trust me, there's no one that wants her gone more then me, and I still contend that there's going to be shennanigans that puts her over the top in more ways then one.

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Feb 20, 2008 -> 02:43 PM)
Hey, I'll be glad when Hillary is gone from the political fixture that is the United States political landscape. Just remember, they have never lost an election. If you count them as dead now, she'll come back to bite you in the ass. Trust me, there's no one that wants her gone more then me, and I still contend that there's going to be shennanigans that puts her over the top in more ways then one.

I thought Bill lost a reelection in Arkansas

And she will be around for a very long time. She may be a Teddy Kennedy-esque player, but she will be a fixture for the next couple decades.

QUOTE(Texsox @ Feb 20, 2008 -> 12:45 PM)

And she will be around for a very long time. She may be a Teddy Kennedy-esque player, but she will be a fixture for the next couple decades.

Honestly, she's an excellent candidate for Senate Majority Leader whenever Reid gives up his spot.

QUOTE(Texsox @ Feb 20, 2008 -> 02:45 PM)

She may be around but she's not going to be an executive of anything again if she loses now. She'll be in the Senate forever.

BTW, you know, Bob Dole did the noble thing when he ran for president, he retired from the Senate. Do you think any of these three assbags would do that? Just sayin'.

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Feb 20, 2008 -> 12:47 PM)
BTW, you know, Bob Dole did the noble thing when he ran for president, he retired from the Senate. Do you think any of these three assbags would do that? Just sayin'.

McCain may very well do so. He's 72 years old, and his state's law requires the governor to appoint a person from his party in the event of a vacancy IIRC.

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Feb 20, 2008 -> 02:48 PM)
your favorite Che Guevara T-shirt?

Doh, why didn't I think of that?!

Thanks. I had on my Williams S. Burroughs, but Che is better. :headbang and shorts, makes it easier to be frisked.

I think it would be prudent for Obama to resign from the Senate if he wins the nomination. He should resign before the summer recess. By doing so, he could focus 100% on the campaign (not like he's not already), and his successor would be picked by a Democrat until a special election is held. If Obama does not win the Presidency, he could shift his focus to running for Ill. Gov. in 2010.

QUOTE(Athomeboy_2000 @ Feb 20, 2008 -> 02:51 PM)
Apparently BillyBoy just said in Texas that if Hillary doesnt win Texas AND Ohio "I dont think she can win". So, if she looses either, she should drop out.

Fire up the supporters.

"Give me a break! I've got news for all the latte-drinking, Prius- driving, Birkenstock-wearing, trust fund babies crowding in to hear him speak! "

Some democrat said that about Obama yuppies at a campaign event. :lol:

edit: Oh, and he was a invited speaker, not just some guy in the audience.

Edited by mr_genius

QUOTE(mr_genius @ Feb 20, 2008 -> 04:57 PM)
Some democrat said that about Obama yuppies at a campaign event. :lol:

edit: Oh, and he was a invited speaker, not just some guy in the audience.

best part is that the Clinton campaign said "we are glad he is supporting us" or something like that. so they DEFENDED him!

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Feb 20, 2008 -> 02:48 PM)
your favorite Che Guevara T-shirt?

Thanks again, turns out Senator Kennedy was here in the 1980s doing work for the farm workers. So the shirt was a big hit.

Quick review. After the local guys spoke and gave the local slant (many, including two of our state Senators are endorsing Obama) Joe Kennedy, Senator Kennedy's nephew spoke. Rex, I'm working your side of the street for a minute, one word :wub: . After graduating he did two years in the Peace Corps stationed in the Dominican Republic and was just recently in Timur helping with the refuges. And damn, he is one good looking man. I'm guessing they are grooming him for the Kennedy seat in the Senate. He did about half his presentation in Spanish, playing well with this crowd. And I was later told his Spanish was not a poser.

Then the Senator made his way to the stage. Great mix of historical Dem highlights with current issues. Spoke about Health Care, Education, Immigration, lots about a VA hospital in the area. We have over 50,000 Veterans in this area and the closest VA hospital is 5 hours away in San Antonio, and a few other issues, real general stuff. He showed his age as he made his way on stage and shook hands with the politicos in attendance. Once he started speaking, the polish was evident. You know he has delivered this speech, minus some details, thousands of times, but this time it was special. Or at least he made the audience feel that way.

Obama will be here Friday morning for a 9:30 am rally. Nice that South Texas is getting some play. No need for a REP to visit.

QUOTE(Texsox @ Feb 20, 2008 -> 08:15 PM)
Thanks again, turns out Senator Kennedy was here in the 1980s doing work for the farm workers. So the shirt was a big hit.

Quick review. After the local guys spoke and gave the local slant (many, including two of our state Senators are endorsing Obama) Joe Kennedy, Senator Kennedy's nephew spoke. Rex, I'm working your side of the street for a minute, one word :wub: . After graduating he did two years in the Peace Corps stationed in the Dominican Republic and was just recently in Timur helping with the refuges. And damn, he is one good looking man. I'm guessing they are grooming him for the Kennedy seat in the Senate. He did about half his presentation in Spanish, playing well with this crowd. And I was later told his Spanish was not a poser.

Then the Senator made his way to the stage. Great mix of historical Dem highlights with current issues. Spoke about Health Care, Education, Immigration, lots about a VA hospital in the area. We have over 50,000 Veterans in this area and the closest VA hospital is 5 hours away in San Antonio, and a few other issues, real general stuff. He showed his age as he made his way on stage and shook hands with the politicos in attendance. Once he started speaking, the polish was evident. You know he has delivered this speech, minus some details, thousands of times, but this time it was special. Or at least he made the audience feel that way.

Obama will be here Friday morning for a 9:30 am rally. Nice that South Texas is getting some play. No need for a REP to visit.

Off topic:

About two years ago I was bored and decided to do a little research (unscientific internet research) about each of the Kennedy's (real life soap opera), and I seem to remember some controversy about Joe and a car accident when he was younger. I think someone was paralyzed when he flipped his car. Also, I think he was planning on running for governor and someone (Joe or his kids) got hurt with illegal fireworks. I don't really have a point (hell who hasn't played with illegal fireworks and accidents are...accidents), but I'm sure this is stuff we will hear about in 4 years(?) if he decides to run for the Senate.

QUOTE(pierard @ Feb 20, 2008 -> 08:24 PM)
Off topic:

About two years ago I was bored and decided to do a little research (unscientific internet research) about each of the Kennedy's (real life soap opera), and I seem to remember some controversy about Joe and a car accident when he was younger. I think someone was paralyzed when he flipped his car. Also, I think he was planning on running for governor and someone (Joe or his kids) got hurt with illegal fireworks. I don't really have a point (hell who hasn't played with illegal fireworks and accidents are...accidents), but I'm sure this is stuff we will hear about in 4 years(?) if he decides to run for the Senate.

About ten years ago the jeep he was driving flipped on Marthas Vineyard and seven people were hurt. No drugs or alcohol were cited, but he did get negligent driving. Senator Kennedy's term is up in 2013, that may be the opening.

And for those mot keeping score, this Kennedy is the grandson of RFK (Bobby Kennedy) and son of Joseph Kennedy II the ex Congressman and Energy Executive. If you follow Kennedy dirt, it was Joseph II who had his annulment overturned by the Vatican when his ex-wife, who was not Catholic, fought it.