DEM Primaries/Candidates thread

NorthSideSox72

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Athomeboy_2000 @ Feb 21, 2008 -> 11:17 AM)
Interesting Note:

Hillary is doing the "vote early" thing in Texas like she did in CA.

Aren't they both?

Hilary's hoping to get as many of her votes locked in before Obama's momentum eats even further into her base. She's probably hoping to lock her votes in now and win over more with a strong performance in the debate tonight.

WOW! January yields debt for Hillary Clinton: $7.6 million!!

So, she was in debt $7.6 million and LOANED (not gave) her campaign $5 million... that makes her 15 million raised in the first 15 days in February even more interesting. Basically, she netted $2.4 million the first half of February.

Edited by Athomeboy_2000

QUOTE(Athomeboy_2000 @ Feb 21, 2008 -> 11:49 AM)
WOW! January yields debt for Hillary Clinton: $7.6 million!!

So, she was in debt $7.6 million and LOANED (not gave) her campaign $5 million... that makes her 15 million raised in the first 15 days in February even more interesting. Basically, she netted $2.4 million the first half of February.

Texas and Ohio could end this mess now...

The last 10 superdelegates listed on this tracker site have sided with Obama. One of them is a switch from Clinton to Obama.

Perhaps we are finally seeing a shift towards one candidate?

http://demconwatch.blogspot.com/2008/01/su...egate-list.html

- Added DNC Carol Ann Campbell (PA) for Obama

2-20-08

- Moved DNC John Rednour (IL) to Obama from Clinton. His son, also John Rednour, is on Clinton's steering committee

- Added DNC Donald Norcross (NJ) for Obama.

- Switched DNC Dana Redd (NJ) from Clinton to Obama

- Added Rep. Lloyd Doggett (TX) , Rep. Ron Kind (WI) , Rep. Kathy Castor (FL) for Obama

2-21-08

- Added DNC Jason Rae (WI) for Obama.

- Added DNC Margaret Xifaras (MA) for Obama

- Added Rep. Steve Kagen (WI) for Obama

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Feb 21, 2008 -> 02:23 PM)
The last 10 superdelegates listed on this tracker site have sided with Obama. One of them is a switch from Clinton to Obama.

Perhaps we are finally seeing a shift towards one candidate?

http://demconwatch.blogspot.com/2008/01/su...egate-list.html

Who, Clinton? :D

My hope is on March 5, the woman is gone from the race. I'm still not holding my breath.

As much as I hate her there is no way that Obama can win the nomination.

Clinton will sweep every state left! He can't get the nomination.

After that the super delegates will all go to Clinton in mass and she will convince all the pledged delegates to change their vote.

I also think that in the debate tonight you will see many racial jabs at Obama. Some veiled and some obvious. She'll do everything but call him a n***** live on TV. After she does that that it'll be all over for Obama in Texas, Ohio, and PA because the White Supremacists will come out in mass to support Hillary (because obviously their boy Ron Paul isn't going anywhere.)

Obama would be better off stepping down now before he gets embarrassed. It's so obvious that Hillary has been the front runner all along.

So we might as well welcome President John "I screwed around on my wife like everyone else" McCain!

:atwork

Edited by AngelasDaddy0427

QUOTE(AngelasDaddy0427 @ Feb 21, 2008 -> 05:25 PM)
As much as I hate her there is no way that Obama can win the nomination.

Clinton will sweep every state left! He can't get the nomination.

After that the super delegates will all go to Clinton in mass and she will convince all the pledged delegates to change their vote.

I also think that in the debate tonight you will see many racial jabs at Obama. Some veiled and some obvious. She'll do everything but call him a n***** live on TV. After she does that that it'll be all over for Obama in Texas, Ohio, and PA because the White Supremacists will come out in mass to support Hillary (because obviously their boy Ron Paul isn't going anywhere.)

Obama would be better off stepping down now before he gets embarrassed. It's so obvious that Hillary has been the front runner all along.

So we might as well welcome President John "I screwed around on my wife like everyone else" McCain!

:atwork

Hey Reddy, when did you change your name on this site?

Angelas, you have quickly become the worst political prognosticator on this site. Don't quit your day job. I would think that after the Clinton landslides you predicted for the Potomac primaries you'd give it up but for some reason you're still making predictions.

So no debate chatter here?

I actually thought he beat her....she had an inherent advantage in that she was able to answer first on a lot of the substantive questions early...

One thing she did do....before, I thought if she would win the nomination I would either not vote or I would vote for McCain. Now, if she wins the nomination (which I doubt), I would vote for her rather than for McCain or not at all...

QUOTE(AngelasDaddy0427 @ Feb 21, 2008 -> 05:25 PM)
I also think that in the debate tonight you will see many racial jabs at Obama. Some veiled and some obvious. She'll do everything but call him a n***** live on TV.

Another excellent prediction.

QUOTE(Jimbo's Drinker @ Feb 21, 2008 -> 10:45 PM)
xerox comment was just plain stupid!!

I want to get all your thoughts on what I am about to say. It might be because I am an Obama supporter, but I am not sure, but.. does anyone else think a LOT of Hillary's answers are scripted and planned out? That Xerox line, some of her other answers, and of course the closing seemed VERY staged. While with Obama it seems like he is more just talking, not remembering a rehearsed script.

Thoughts?