DEM Primaries/Candidates thread

NorthSideSox72

Well, the far right has begun its attack. Fox News (Hannity & Colmes) is calling out Obama on his Army Commander reference last night. Oliver North, standing in for Hannity, said "i can tell you, with the 70+ groups of people i traveled with in Iraq while covering the war for Fox News, I NEVER saw a group not have what it needed". Here's the problem, he's not with ALL the groups. There are plenty of well documented cases and soldiers CLEARLY in need of proper equipment. i believe there was a story of people using mettle scraps to "armor" their vehicles.

North also went on to say that we couldn't have used Taliban weapons because they are not compatible with ours. Hey dumbass, they dont have to be compatible if they are LOADED! Not hard to pick up a pistol or machine-gun and start firing with it!

They then went on to say that even though Jack Trapper of ABC personally called this soldier and backed up Obamas story... well, he must be wrong. His facts must not be right. Even presented with testimony from the person involoved they cant face the facts. SHEESH!!!

For a guy who claims to have all this military knowledge, he's really rather incompetent.

Edited by Athomeboy_2000

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Athomeboy_2000 @ Feb 23, 2008 -> 02:42 AM)
Well, the far right has begun its attack. Fox News (Hannity & Colmes) is calling out Obama on his Army Commander reference last night. Oliver North, standing in for Hannity, said "i can tell you, with the 70+ groups of people i traveled with in Iraq while covering the war for Fox News, I NEVER saw a group not have what it needed". Here's the problem, he's not with ALL the groups. There are plenty of well documented cases and soldiers CLEARLY in need of proper equipment. i believe there was a story of people using mettle scraps to "armor" their vehicles.

North also went on to say that we couldn't have used Taliban weapons because they are not compatible with ours. Hey dumbass, they dont have to be compatible if they are LOADED! Not hard to pick up a pistol or machine-gun and start firing with it!

They then went on to say that even though Jack Trapper of ABC personally called this soldier and backed up Obamas story... well, he must be wrong. His facts must not be right. Even presented with testimony from the person involoved they cant face the facts. SHEESH!!!

For a guy who claims to have all this military knowledge, he's really rather incompetent.

I mean, shoot, the army independent newspaper stars and stripes reports stuff like this all the time (Stars and Stripes is awesome btw. It's online at stripes.com)

QUOTE(Athomeboy_2000 @ Feb 22, 2008 -> 09:42 PM)
Well, the far right has begun its attack. Fox News (Annuity & Colmes) is calling out ABM on his Army Commander reference last night. Oliver North, standing in for Hannity, said "i can tell you, with the 70+ groups of people i traveled with in Iraq while covering the war for Fox News, I NEVER saw a group not have what it needed". Here's the problem, he's not with ALL the groups. There are plenty of well documented cases and soldiers CLEARLY in need of proper equipment. i believe there was a story of people using mettle scraps to "armor" their vehicles.

North also went on to say that we couldn't have used Taliban weapons because they are not compatible with ours. Hey dumb ass, they dont have to be compatible if they are LOADED! Not hard to pick up a pistol or machine-gun and start firing with it!

They then went on to say that even though Jack Trapper of ABC personally called this soldier and backed up Obamas story... well, he must be wrong. His facts must not be right. Even presented with testimony from the person involved they cant face the facts. SHEESH!!!

Maybe if Obama would have replaced "Taliban guns" with "Taliban paper shredders" Ol' Ollie would have understood the argument better.

Hillary is pissed at an Obama mailer...

http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/politics/...lary.speech.cnn

Here's the problem, the mailers are ACCURATE. She, or at the very least her campaign, did say that universal healthcare is mandatory and she could "garnish wages" and NAFTA has been great for America.

By the way.. she is saying Obama is using "Karl Rove" tactics... yep, her campaign has been COMPLETELY clean with positive factually accurate mailers.

Edited by Athomeboy_2000

...and thats the end of Obama's campaign. Now all of the democrats will flock to Hillary and lead to her landslide victories the rest of the way. All because they will believe these lies about Obama "falsely" attacking Clinton. Oh well. It's a shame but thats how life is. It sucks!

Edited by AngelasDaddy0427

QUOTE(AngelasDaddy0427 @ Feb 23, 2008 -> 03:38 PM)
...and thats the end of Obama's campaign. Now all of the democrats will flock to Hillary and lead to her landslide victories the rest of the way. All because they will believe these lies about Obama "falsely" attacking Clinton. Oh well. It's a shame but thats how life is. It sucks!

Remember that sarcasm is supposed to be green. Or something.

Remember that sarcasm is supposed to be green. Or something.

Obama has no chance against her. He will just end up being humiliated when he's swept the rest of the way and all the delegates supporting him change to Hillary because of that. She will lie her way to the nomination and everyone will believe it and eat it up because her last name is Clinton. Theres nothing Obama can do about it.

I'll say this much about these two candidates, which of course is like saying the tallest midget, but when look at who was run or managed a multimillion dollar political campaign the best, Obama clearly stands head and shoulders above Clinton.

Edited by YASNY

QUOTE(Athomeboy_2000 @ Feb 23, 2008 -> 03:14 PM)
Hillary is pissed at an Obama mailer...

http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/politics/...lary.speech.cnn

Here's the problem, the mailers are ACCURATE. She, or at the very least her campaign, did say that universal healthcare is mandatory and she could "garnish wages" and NAFTA has been great for America.

By the way.. she is saying Obama is using "Karl Rove" tactics... yep, her campaign has been COMPLETELY clean with positive factually accurate mailers.

I swear if I hear "Shame on Barack Obama" one more time, I am going to flip out. That whole thing about attack Dems just goes back to more of the massive Clintonian Hypocrasy, or does she not remember slamming Obama on Rezko? But that isn't attacking fellow Dems, right?

QUOTE(AngelasDaddy0427 @ Feb 23, 2008 -> 08:38 PM)
Obama has no chance against her. He will just end up being humiliated when he's swept the rest of the way and all the delegates supporting him change to Hillary because of that. She will lie her way to the nomination and everyone will believe it and eat it up because her last name is Clinton. Theres nothing Obama can do about it.

You're starting to sound like another poster around here. His name is Kapkomet. But Kapkomet even knows that the chances are growing slimmer by the day, and if Hillarity loses in Texas and Ohio, she's done.

:lolhitting

You know, you could have said the same thing about Hillary after "Super Tuesday" and you would have had a good chance at being correct.

Edited by StrangeSox

Bravo.

"Senator Clinton's premise in her candidacy throughout this campaign has been 35 years of experience, including eight years in the White House, right? She has essentially presented herself as co-president during the Clinton years," he said.

"So the notion that you can selectively pick what you take credit for and then run away from what isn't politically convenient, that doesn't make sense," he said.

Hillary Gets Hypocritical...

Releases Photo of Obama in "Muslim" clothing...

Obama Calls Her Out...

Hillary Plays Victim...

If Barack Obama's campaign wants to suggest that a photo of him wearing traditional Somali clothing is divisive, they should be ashamed. Hillary Clinton has worn the traditional clothing of countries she has visited and had those photos published widely.

"This is nothing more than an obvious and transparent attempt to distract from the serious issues confronting our country today and to attempt to create the very divisions they claim to decry.

"We will not be distracted."

Note they didnt DENY sending the photo out.

Clinton Campaign: Pay no attention to our smear tactics... but pay CLOSE attention to his. Talk about a double standard.

QUOTE(Athomeboy_2000 @ Feb 25, 2008 -> 10:47 AM)
Hillary Gets Hypocritical...

Releases Photo of Obama in "Muslim" clothing...

Obama Calls Her Out...

Hillary Plays Victim...

Note they didnt DENY sending the photo out.

Clinton Campaign: Pay no attention to our smear tactics... but pay CLOSE attention to his. Talk about a double standard.

That's why Obama is doing so poorly. He needs to be more negative and become a fighter. America is loving these tactics by the Clinton campaign as evidenced by her strong showing in the last 11 contests.

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Feb 25, 2008 -> 10:51 AM)
That's why Obama is doing so poorly. He needs to be more negative and become a fighter. America is loving these tactics by the Clinton campaign as evidenced by her strong showing in the last 11 contests.

;)

She is REALLY getting desperate. I just love how he tries to talk the topics, then she releases something against him... he defends it... then they claim he needs to stick to the topics. It is THEY who are going off topic. They are trying to distract the media from her fall from grace.