DEM Primaries/Candidates thread

NorthSideSox72

AWESOME Scathing Review od how the Clinton's treat the press..

http://blogs.dallasobserver.com/unfairpark...r_president.php

The only revelation of the morning: The local media discovered why the national media seems to have it in for Clinton. Because her press people treat the press like s***.

Here's a tip to other journalists covering the Clinton campaign from here on out: Do not identify yourself as a journalist. Simple as that. Hide your credentials; do not whip out your notepad; put your camera in your pocket; do not sign the media sign-in sheet. Because that way, the Clintonistas will not be able to ID you as working press and do their damnedest to guarantee you can't actually work, unless you're willing to do it on a barricaded riser away from the actual people attending the event.

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Feb 26, 2008 -> 08:25 PM)
I did catch Clinton complaining that she always has to answer first though, and then something about asking Obama if he needs another pillow. That must be the SNL reference.

She's not helping herself trying to play the victim here. She had the press at her fingertips for MONTHS, then suddenly when it was clear that there were other horses in the race, the press started covering both sides. How dare they.

You couldnt hear it real well, but the audience BOOED her AGAIN!

QUOTE(bmags @ Feb 27, 2008 -> 12:26 AM)
What if we partly withdrew and then the Iraqis told us to completely withdraw and then al Qaida was elected president and then they allied with North Korea, do you have a policy ready for that!?!?!?!

His hypothetical question he asked about Al Qaida taking over Iraq, which Hillary never answered, was a legit concern and possibility. That is the "attack" from the right. So, he asked it to them and basically said "what if"?

QUOTE(Athomeboy_2000 @ Feb 27, 2008 -> 09:38 AM)
His hypothetical question he asked about Al Qaida taking over Iraq, which Hillary never answered, was a legit concern and possibility. That is the "attack" from the right. So, he asked it to them and basically said "what if"?

What an ATTACK! OMG! How DARE anyone question ANY of these asstards about POLICY?!? And that goes for Obama as well.

QUOTE(StrangeSox @ Feb 27, 2008 -> 10:18 AM)
Bill Clinton has another "oops" moment:

http://www.breitbart.tv/?p=53014

"If you elect me..."

That is inaccurate. He was giving a speech and said something like.. "this is what Hillary is saying... (5-8 sentences later)... if you elect me..."

He worded his paragraph poorly and opened it WIDE up for this attack, but in the fairness department, it's not accurate.

QUOTE(Athomeboy_2000 @ Feb 27, 2008 -> 10:22 AM)
That is inaccurate. He was giving a speech and said something like.. "this is what Hillary is saying... (5-8 sentences later)... if you elect me..."

He worded his paragraph poorly and opened it WIDE up for this attack, but in the fairness department, it's not accurate.

Right, the paragraph starts out "So Hilary says...."

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Feb 27, 2008 -> 08:52 AM)
If Clinton doesn't pull a pretty big win on 3/4, PA won't matter.

The WaPo gives a summary today of the CW on what it will take for Clinton's campaign to not have it's obit written next Tuesday.

What's clear from our conversations is that the expectation among party poobahs is that Clinton needs -- at a minimum -- popular vote victories in Ohio and Texas to continue her campaign until the next big showdown in Pennsylvania in late April.

We couldn't find a single person who thought Clinton could/should go on if she split the raw vote with Obama in Ohio and Texas. "Right now it feels like air going out of a tire very slowly and you'd have to believe that they could not hold the superdelegates with a loss in either [state]," said one Democratic consultant granted anonymity to speak openly.

The Clinton Camp is now trying to prevent superdelegates from coming out and putting out endorsements for the near future because they think that anyone who's endorsing will go with Obama.

For weeks, the Barack Obama campaign has warned that Hillary Clinton would try to use her ties to the Democratic establishment to muscle 'super delegates' into backing her presidential bid, overriding a popular vote majority and Obama's plurality of pledged delegates elected in primaries and caucuses.

Now, however, as Obama has gained steadily in the polls, the Clinton campaign has reversed field. Top Clinton aides are pleading with uncommitted super delegates to hold off making any commitments, fearful that any commitments they make would be to back Obama, not Clinton.

A set of talking points emailed to Clinton supporters within organized labor describes the arguments to use on uncommitted super delegates. In the email, the Clinton campaign suggests telling the uncommitted delegates that "it would be unfair and unjust to cut off the nominating process now. There might come a time when the process needs to come to a close, but that time is not now."

In language that could have been lifted from the Obama playbook just a few weeks ago, the email says Clinton backers should make the case to super delegates that: "If House, Senate and DNC members try to end this process now, it would be very damaging to those institutions, the Democratic Party and our chances in November."

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Feb 26, 2008 -> 10:52 PM)
The general impression I seem to be getting is that this one counts as an Obama win, but the real loser of this debate is Tim Russert, who seems to have just come off as an embarrassment.

What exactly did he do to embarrass himself?

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Feb 27, 2008 -> 10:02 AM)
What an ATTACK! OMG! How DARE anyone question ANY of these asstards about POLICY?!?

Oh yes, of course. I guess it would have been much more appropriate to have that buffoon Olbermann lofting softballs up for the Dems.

From MSNBC's First Read:

From NBC's Domenico Montanaro

With the pick up of Sen. Byron L. Dorgan (D-ND) today, Obama has now reached 200 superdelegates. He has cut what was once a 90-delegate advantage for Clinton to what is now 56 since Super Tuesday, Feb. 5th. Since Feb. 5, Obama has gained 30 publicly declared superdelegates, and Clinton has lost a net of four.

Clinton maintains a 256-200 advantage in our overall superdelegate count.

Its amazing how Clinton says the media is against her but isn't the media still pretending like she still has a possible chance at the nomination? Any other candidate in her shoes would have completely been written off by the media after 11 straight blowout losses. She can't have it both ways.

Barack Obama likes mint chocolate chip.

He considers Bono "a good friend.''

Favorite reading? The books he reads with his young daughters. Like Harry Potter. And what do Obama's daughters, Malia and Sasha, make of Britney Spears? "They're pretty down on Britney and Paris and all of that,'' Obama says. They like Hannah Montana and Beyonce.

This and more is revealed in this week's issue of Us Weekly -- though Obama dodges the "boxers or briefs" question -- in editions that go on sale Friday, the one with Jennifer Anniston on the cover, featuring an article asking the question: "Barack Obama, is he really just like Us?'' How familiar is Obama with the magazine? "My wife reads it,'' he told Us Weekly. The two keep in touch with computers and web-cams while the candidate is on the road.

The spread inside features photographs of Obama as a child -- riding a tricycle and sitting on his mother's lap in Hawaii. It spictures him in "that '70s style,'' with wide-collared "disco duds'' -- noting that his modest-sized hair was "about as big as the Afro ever got. ''

"I think I'm pretty cool,'' Obama says. "I could embarrass my girls, but I choose not to.''

His wife, Michelle, likes Stevie Wonder. She accompanied him on to the stage at a recent rally at UCLA, and Mr. Morris fell off the steps on his way up. "'This is your favorite performer,' Obama told his wife, "and you push him off the stage?' Fortunately, he was OK.''

In his spare time? The sports pages. Checks up on the White Sox and Bulls.

His wife likes Sudoku.

And, how about it, boxers or briefs?

"I don't answer those humiliating questions,'' Obama told the magazine. "But whichever one it is, I look good in 'em.''

And, the article concludes, "He really is just like us.''

LINK

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Feb 27, 2008 -> 03:37 PM)
The Tennessee GOP showing a lot of class. In case they haven't noticed, attacks and smears are not working very well with the voting public this campaign season.

For me, the racist overtones and such is bulls***. His "affiliation" with Louis Farrakan... now that's something I take more issue with, because of what Louis Farrakan stands for. If Obama stands for the same things (by association) then I have MAJOR issues with the man.

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Feb 27, 2008 -> 03:44 PM)
For me, the racist overtones and such is bulls***. His "affiliation" with Louis Farrakan... now that's something I take more issue with, because of what Louis Farrakan stands for. If Obama stands for the same things (by association) then I have MAJOR issues with the man.

Obama denounced the man as an anti-Semite last night. What more do you want?

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Feb 27, 2008 -> 03:44 PM)

What affiliation are you referring to?