DEM Primaries/Candidates thread

NorthSideSox72

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Feb 28, 2008 -> 04:23 PM)
ok look... I won't say that Obama is un-patriotic because of this. But, people have DIED fighting for what that flag symbolizes. I mean hell, if the flag as a symbol is that worthless, let's stop giving them out after veterans of our country die. If it's that worthless, then let's stop flying the damn thing. If it's that worthless, let's stop the pledge of allegiance. If it's that worthless...

Obama has now made it a point. And that is what is bulls*** to me.

You have got to be kidding me. The dope was calling out Obama for not wearing a flag pin but didn't have one on himself. Give me a break.

Edited by BigSqwert

KINGSTON: Well, I think there's just questions that the American people want to know about. When you listen to why he doesn't wear an American flag button, it's a very convoluted answer. I've been in politics and you have been around them for a long time, everybody wears them. From a mayor to a county commissioner to the members of Congress to the President. It's curious that suddenly, there's a guy who doesn't want to do it. Put that with the wife's comment, the first time in her adult life she's proud of America. You're running to be the number one cheerleader of the country, I think these questions aren't off limits.

Apparently everyone but him and Obama.

Edited by BigSqwert

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Feb 28, 2008 -> 04:23 PM)
ok look... I won't say that Obama is un-patriotic because of this. But, people have DIED fighting for what that flag symbolizes. I mean hell, if the flag as a symbol is that worthless, let's stop giving them out after veterans of our country die. If it's that worthless, then let's stop flying the damn thing. If it's that worthless, let's stop the pledge of allegiance. If it's that worthless...

Obama has now made it a point. And that is what is bulls*** to me.

Argh, you made me actually have to go and look up what Obama said... All I can find is that he said it seems like a "substitute for true patriotism."

Edited by KipWellsFan

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Feb 28, 2008 -> 04:31 PM)
Come on Kap. It's a freakin lapel pin.

To be honest, if i were given a choice to pick between a complete incompetent (GWB for example) or a truly exceptional leader (JFK for example) as our next president I would pass on the exceptional leader if he weren't wearing a flag lapel pin.

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Feb 28, 2008 -> 04:24 PM)
You have got to be kidding me. The dope was calling out Obama for not wearing a flag pin but didn't have one on himself. Give me a break.

I'm not talking about that dope. :D

I'm talking in general. I just wanted to say what bothers me about the Obama thing.

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Feb 28, 2008 -> 05:54 PM)
Any chance Sebelius or McCaskill got the nod for VP?

Yes. A decent one. Both fit the "potentially competitive area" qualification and could be a good fit with the candidate. But you could say that about a lot of people. Once you get past the big 3 candidates this year, there are a lot of people who are at that qualified 2nd tier level where they could make a difference on a ticket. The list to filter through could be very long this year.

I'd think the Obama campaign would like to add someone with military experience or excellent foreign relations cred to counter McCain.

EDIT: Wesley Clark would seem like a good choice but he comes off as a wuss to me for some reason.

Edited by BigSqwert

QUOTE(YahtzeeSox @ Feb 28, 2008 -> 08:13 PM)
Vote For Truth. Vote for Ron Paul!!

demforpaul.gif

:lolhitting

Not here for months, then we see this.

It's been rehashed, smoked, and snuffed out. Ron Paul was irrelevant about oh, IOWA.

Thanks for playing.

(now we'll see some huge hit diatribe about how we're all assholes mocking Ron Paul, like the other 15 times this came up)

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Feb 28, 2008 -> 08:20 PM)
Whether you like him or not, whether you are a Democrat or not...Ron Paul is not running in any of the Democratic Primaries or Caucuses and therefore campaign statements for him don't belong in this thread.

:lol:

But DEMOCRATS for Ron Paul makes it ok. ;)

QUOTE(mr_genius @ Feb 27, 2008 -> 02:06 PM)
Obama's church publishes Trumpet Magazine which stated Frarrakhan " truly epitomized greatness." The guy that runs this mag is Obama's spiritual adviser I guess. It's legit to question Obama on this issue when the guy publishing this is a honored associate of Obama. Imagine of McCains spiritual adviser was David Duke.

So, let's see...Imagine how the press would respond if McCain had been endorsed by a controversial religious figure. A religious figure who had attacked another religion vehemently. Let's imagine it was a Protestant religious leader, who had attacked the Catholic church, calling it the "Antichrist" and "The great Whore". Now let's imagine that unlike Senator Obama, Senator McCain had not only actively sought out the support of this controversial religious figure, but added that he was "Very proud" to have his support. And Hell, on top of that, let's throw in a statement from the Catholic League President Bill Donahue, the same guy who South Park had taking over the Papacy, condemning McCain for accepting his support and calling on McCain to repudiate it in the same way Mr. Obama did with Farrakhan.

Now wouldn't you imagine that the press would be all over that? Not only is it strikingly similar to Obama and how he's been hit on the Nation of Islam, but it's on the Republican side and the media hates Republicans. And not only that, but whereas Obama disavowed that supporter, McCain happily accepted it. Wouldn't you imagine that would be a pretty big scandal?

Because as far as the NYT, AP, and Reuters are concerned, it doesn't appear to be newsworthy at all. And while I"m at it, I can't even find it mentioned on MSNBC.

I just think that Obama doesn't want to get into that war, I think he'd rather that sit. be forgotten. Because a radical black islam will always be more threatening than a protestant who hates catholics and thinks rapture will occur.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Feb 28, 2008 -> 09:19 PM)
So, let's see...Imagine how the press would respond if McCain had been endorsed by a controversial religious figure. A religious figure who had attacked another religion vehemently. Let's imagine it was a Protestant religious leader, who had attacked the Catholic church, calling it the "Antichrist" and "The great Whore". Now let's imagine that unlike Senator Obama, Senator McCain had not only actively sought out the support of this controversial religious figure, but added that he was "Very proud" to have his support. And Hell, on top of that, let's throw in a statement from the Catholic League President Bill Donahue, the same guy who South Park had taking over the Papacy, condemning McCain for accepting his support and calling on McCain to repudiate it in the same way Mr. Obama did with Farrakhan.

Now wouldn't you imagine that the press would be all over that? Not only is it strikingly similar to Obama and how he's been hit on the Nation of Islam, but it's on the Republican side and the media hates Republicans. And not only that, but whereas Obama disavowed that supporter, McCain happily accepted it. Wouldn't you imagine that would be a pretty big scandal?

Because as far as the NYT, AP, and Reuters are concerned, it doesn't appear to be newsworthy at all. And while I"m at it, I can't even find it mentioned on MSNBC.

No, it's called the Clinton smear machine. There's a big difference.

And furthermore, you're absolutely right, Rex. It would have been broken later, because right now it doesn't matter because the nomination is already decided.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Feb 28, 2008 -> 09:19 PM)

I seem to remember George W Bush getting creamed in the media for speaking at Bob Jones university.