DEM Primaries/Candidates thread

NorthSideSox72

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Apr 2, 2008 -> 12:32 PM)
If you count the popular vote, I wouldn't be surprised if she was right.

Total Votes (including caucus delegate votes): 26,666,597

Clinton: 12,392,571 (46.472%)

Obama: 13,184,499 (49.442%)

Difference: 791,928 (2.97%)

Total Votes (minus caucus delegate votes): 25,963,296

Clinton: 12,147,065 (46.786%)

Obama: 12,739,125 (49.066%)

Difference: 592,060 (2.28%)

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Athomeboy_2000 @ Apr 2, 2008 -> 11:41 AM)
Obama would consider Gore for cabinet position

Call me cynical, but it was the LAST question before he left and she read it. hmmmm....

Seriously, how would we expect a candidate to answer that question? "No, Al Gore will not be in my cabinet, I can't stand the man and I think anthropogenic climate change is a myth"?

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Apr 2, 2008 -> 02:22 PM)
Seriously, how would we expect a candidate to answer that question? "No, Al Gore will not be in my cabinet, I can't stand the man and I think anthropogenic climate change is a myth"?

yea. i think any 3 of the remaining people would say that. Yes, i think McCain would leave it open to the possibility, but it would be unlikely.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Apr 2, 2008 -> 01:32 PM)
Can we change this thread title to the Obama Cheerleading thread? There isn't even a hint of objectivity left here...

Fine with me, he's the one worth rooting for anyway.

You could start a Hillary one too, but the sound of crickets would be overwhelming.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Apr 2, 2008 -> 08:39 PM)
Chris Matthews wonders whether or not Obama can woo regular people. By his definition, African Americans and people with advanced degrees are excluded from the phrase "Regular people".

I can't stand that s***. The talking about how college educated vote isn't worth as much to a candidate. Alexander hamilton would probably agree too. Woo elitists.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Apr 2, 2008 -> 03:39 PM)
Chris Matthews wonders whether or not Obama can woo regular people. By his definition, African Americans and people with advanced degrees are excluded from the phrase "Regular people".

I think matthews is referring to the Obama yuppie love phenomenon. If Obama takes a protectionist approach to the economy, the working class Dems will support him.

http://www.factcheck.org/elections-2008/ob..._oil_spill.html

In a new ad, Obama says, "I don’t take money from oil companies."

Technically, that's true, since a law that has been on the books for more than a century prohibits corporations from giving money directly to any federal candidate. But that doesn’t distinguish Obama from his rivals in the race.

We find the statement misleading:

Obama has accepted more than $213,000 from individuals who work for companies in the oil and gas industry and their spouses.

Two of Obama's bundlers are top executives at oil companies and are listed on his Web site as raising between $50,000 and $100,000 for the presidential hopeful.

More at the link.

QUOTE(lostfan @ Apr 2, 2008 -> 08:37 PM)
You can find stuff like that on every political candidate on that site, I don't see why any one should be pointed out over any others as if they're different.

Because he bills himself as 'different' than the average politician?

QUOTE(Alpha Dog @ Apr 2, 2008 -> 09:40 PM)
Because he bills himself as 'different' than the average politician?

He's the same as any other Democrat but with much more leadership ability.

My car is "different" than yours, but they both have tires and steering wheels don't they?

QUOTE(lostfan @ Apr 2, 2008 -> 08:44 PM)
He's the same as any other Democrat but with much more leadership ability.

My car is "different" than yours, but they both have tires and steering wheels don't they?

Somehow I don't see the same ho-hum response coming if the name were Hilllary.

QUOTE(Alpha Dog @ Apr 2, 2008 -> 09:47 PM)
Somehow I don't see the same ho-hum response coming if the name were Hilllary.

I never liked Hillary, I never liked Kerry, I never liked Gore, I never liked Pelosi, etc. so none of this is even relevant. I already knew that Hillary was more full of s*** than the average politician, how much Hillary-bashing have you seen me do on this board besides me saying "I don't like Hillary"?

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Apr 2, 2008 -> 09:00 PM)
To shift the discussion a little...Hillary's on the air in PA with another 3:00 a.m. ad..

This one going after McCain.

good to know Hillary supports corporate welfare.. since when was that part of the Dem platform?

Ok, quick recap:

March 21 - Bill Richardson Endorses Obama

March 22 - James "Skeletor" Carville calls Richardson Judas

Last few days - Bill Clinton blows a gasket claiming “Five times to my face (Richardson) said that he would never do that (endorse in general or endorse Obama)"

This Evening - Richardson: "I never saw [President Clinton] five times. I saw him when he watched the Super Bowl with me. We made it very clear to him that he shouldn't expect an endorsement after that meeting."

Why do I have a feeling Richardson is on the high ground here? How can we trust anything the Clinton's say?

QUOTE(Athomeboy_2000 @ Apr 2, 2008 -> 09:48 PM)
Ok, quick recap:

March 21 - Bill Richardson Endorses Obama

March 22 - James "Skeletor" Carville calls Richardson Judas

Last few days - Bill Clinton blows a gasket claiming “Five times to my face (Richardson) said that he would never do that (endorse in general or endorse Obama)"

This Evening - Richardson: "I never saw [President Clinton] five times. I saw him when he watched the Super Bowl with me. We made it very clear to him that he shouldn't expect an endorsement after that meeting."

Why do I have a feeling Richardson is on the high ground here? How can we trust anything the Clinton's say?

Now add today - a Clinton "associate" said that Bill Richardson privately had confided to the Clintons that he thought Obama couldn't win a general election.