DEM Primaries/Candidates thread

NorthSideSox72

Will the Clinton Campaign be sent to collections?

The University of California in Davis is ready to take the Clinton presidential campaign to a collection agency if they do not pay back the thousands of dollars they are still owed.

Here's a breakdown of expenses:

- The UC Davis Marching Band cost $500.

- Cleanup services after the rally cost $250.

- UC Davis Police officers didn't come as cheap. The security bill is more than $5,600.

UC Davis is planning to put its final bill out this week, and if the debt has not been settled within a month, they are going to turn the matter over to a collection agency.

hehehe

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Apr 9, 2008 -> 09:58 AM)

Dude. I know this is the thread about the remaining 2 Dem candidates, but, what its become is the 5 posts per day about failings in the Clinton campaign. Do we need to start a seperate thread for those? Because its getting a bit over the top, don't you think?

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Apr 9, 2008 -> 09:12 AM)
Dude. I know this is the thread about the remaining 2 Dem candidates, but, what its become is the 5 posts per day about failings in the Clinton campaign. Do we need to start a seperate thread for those? Because its getting a bit over the top, don't you think?

I have been backing off of the Clinton attacks. i just found that article interesting. We have been hearing about how she owes so much money, but I found it odd no one is taking her to collections. Now it appears they might. But, I bet the Clintons pay these guys off just to stop the story.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Apr 9, 2008 -> 09:15 AM)
I have been backing off of the Clinton attacks. i just found that article interesting. We have been hearing about how she owes so much money, but I found it odd no one is taking her to collections. Now it appears they might. But, I bet the Clintons pay these guys off just to stop the story.

OK. I'm not going to stop anyone from posting negative bits on the candidates, go right ahead. It just seems to be a bit much with the nitpicky things about Clinton. Heck I don't like her as a candidate either, but, it gets a bit much.

I guess what I really want is for Obama to win PA and take the superdelegate lead, so that this thing can be over and we can get to the general election.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Apr 9, 2008 -> 09:22 AM)
I guess what I really want is for Obama to win PA and take the superdelegate lead, so that this thing can be over and we can get to the general election.

I'd much rather be bashing McCain. There's plenty there to use ;)

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Apr 9, 2008 -> 09:23 AM)
I'd much rather be bashing McCain. There's plenty there to use ;)

OK well, just to keep things tidy, when the Dems do in fact decide on a nominee, we will probably have more than just one McCain v Obama thread. There may be one general one, and then people should start seperate threads for significant discussions. Or we might even have one bash-bucket thread for each candidate, maybe one poll thread, and then everything else can be put into seperate threads for actual discussions.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Apr 9, 2008 -> 09:26 AM)
OK well, just to keep things tidy, when the Dems do in fact decide on a nominee, we will probably have more than just one McCain v Obama thread. There may be one general one, and then people should start seperate threads for significant discussions. Or we might even have one bash-bucket thread for each candidate, maybe one poll thread, and then everything else can be put into seperate threads for actual discussions.

I 100% agree with that idea. However, I think we should all agree to be a little nicer. I am trying to pull it back. Truth be told, i hate CLinton far more than i dislike McCain. In fact, I have already put forth the idea of "Clean Campaign '08". So, let's try and stick to the issues. McCains constant gaffs on Al-Quida should be far game, but saying he's an old fart should be disallowed unless there is a story about hos his age impacts his judgement or something like that.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Apr 9, 2008 -> 10:31 AM)
I 100% agree with that idea. However, I think we should all agree to be a little nicer. I am trying to pull it back. Truth be told, i hate CLinton far more than i dislike McCain. In fact, I have already put forth the idea of "Clean Campaign '08". So, let's try and stick to the issues. McCains constant gaffs on Al-Quida should be far game, but saying he's an old fart should be disallowed unless there is a story about hos his age impacts his judgement or something like that.

He really is kind of an old fart though. Just saying.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Apr 9, 2008 -> 10:40 AM)
I dont really hate him. I dislike his policy. Clinton... yea, I hate her pure evil.

The only policy of his that I have a clear dislike for is his Iraq policy. It's shortsighted and narrow. The problem is that is basically his entire campaign for all intents and purposes.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Apr 9, 2008 -> 10:22 AM)
OK. I'm not going to stop anyone from posting negative bits on the candidates, go right ahead. It just seems to be a bit much with the nitpicky things about Clinton. Heck I don't like her as a candidate either, but, it gets a bit much.

I agree 100%. It has gotten incredibly detrimental to this thread. It really is the same kind of teardown your opponent techniques that the Clintons are famous for, and it hard to say it hasn't soured my respect for Obama as a candidate. In my opinion is the same kind of tired politics that has drawn people to Obama in the first place. If his surrogates are going to do it for him, he will get whipped in the general election.

for my 2 cents, this is a bit ridiculous. Athomeboy's posts are obviously one sided that clinton sucks, but at least he's posting real, legitimate articles from legitimate sources. He isn't posting "Clinton is such a b****" or ridiculous articles about how she's a lesbian cokehead. It hasn't been ahb's posts that have started negative towns in this forum, so I can't imagine why we should tell him to cool it. Every poster has their gimmick, his is posting negative Clinton articles.

QUOTE (bmags @ Apr 10, 2008 -> 09:41 AM)
for my 2 cents, this is a bit ridiculous. Athomeboy's posts are obviously one sided that clinton sucks, but at least he's posting real, legitimate articles from legitimate sources. He isn't posting "Clinton is such a b****" or ridiculous articles about how she's a lesbian cokehead. It hasn't been ahb's posts that have started negative towns in this forum, so I can't imagine why we should tell him to cool it. Every poster has their gimmick, his is posting negative Clinton articles.

I would agree that AHB's posts have not been ones to start any of the overly negative B.S. threads. No one said he did. And no one is suspending anyone, or penalizing anyone. Just trying to make the forum useful for everyone, keep the threads manageable, and not repel people from the main thread discussing the candidates. No big deal here.

But if you wish to discuss this further, please feel free to PM me.

TPM poll tracker has a bunch of really interesting polls.

Pres '08 (D)

Apr 10 Gallup Obama 50%, Clinton 42%

Pres '08

Apr 10 Gallup Obama (D) 45%, McCain ® 44%

Pres '08

Apr 10 Gallup McCain ® 46%, Clinton (D) 45%

AK-Pres

Apr 10 Rasmussen McCain ® 48%, Obama (D) 43%

AK-Pres

Apr 10 Rasmussen McCain ® 57%, Clinton (D) 32%

MT-Pres

Apr 10 Rasmussen McCain ® 48%, Obama (D) 43%

MT-Pres

Apr 10 Rasmussen McCain ® 54%, Clinton (D) 36%

NM-Pres

Apr 10 Rasmussen Obama (D) 45%, McCain ® 42%

NM-Pres

Apr 10 Rasmussen McCain ® 46%, Clinton (D) 43%

OH-Pres

Apr 10 RasmussenMcCain ® 47%, Obama (D) 40%

OH-Pres

Apr 10 Rasmussen McCain ® 47%, Clinton (D) 42%

Pres '08 (D)

Apr 10 Rasmussen Obama 48%, Clinton 41%

Pres '08

Apr 10 Rasmussen McCain ® 46%, Obama (D) 45%

Pres '08

Apr 10 Rasmussen McCain ® 48%, Clinton (D) 42%

PA-Pres (D)

Apr 10 Time Clinton 44%, Obama 38%

I'd be interested in seeing a debate on this:

Study: Hillary's Popular Vote Claim deeply Flawed

The premise: Caucuses are a fix time, there for limiting voter turn-out in states Obama won by big margins. had they been primaries, Obama would have a LOT more of the popular vote.

I didnt read through the study, but here are my thoughts. On a primary night of a caucus state, we'll use Colorado as an example, Obama received 79,344 "votes" (or 67% of the state votes). These are not actual ballot votes, they are elected delegates. For the sake of argument, let's say that 500,00 people showed up at the democratic caucuses. That means Obama got 335,000 ACTUAL votes, not 79,344. So, his national popular vote lead is actually LARGER.

Now why would Bill want to keep bringing this one up? I read at another site that he brought this up unprompted.

Back to Tuzla

On the trail in Indiana, Mike Memoli transcribes Bill Clinton telling his version of Tuzla:

And, you know. I got tickled the other day. A lot of the way this whole campaign has been covered has amused me. But there was a lot of fulminating because Hillary, one time late at night when she was exhausted, misstated and immediately apologized for it, what happened to her in Bosnia in 1995. Did y'all see all that? Oh, they blew it up.

Let me just tell you. The president of Bosnia and General Wesley Clark -- who was there making peace where we'd lost three peacekeepers who had to ride on a dangerous mountain road because it was too dangerous to go the regular, safe way -- both defended her because they pointed out that when her plane landed in Bosnia, she had to go up to the bulletproof part of the plane, in the front. Everybody else had to put their flak jackets underneath the seat in case they got shot at. And everywhere they went they were covered by Apache helicopters. So they just abbreviated the arrival ceremony.

Now I say that because, what really has mattered is that even then she was interested in our troops. And I think she was the first first lady since Eleanor Roosevelt to go into a combat zone. And you woulda thought, you know, that she'd robbed a bank the way they carried on about this. And some of them when they're 60 they'll forget something when they're tired at 11 at night, too.

For those who forgot about the Tuzla rabbit hole, the speech where she got in trouble for “misspeaking” about arriving under sniper fire was in the morning, she told the story more than once, she didn’t acknowledge that she misspoke until more than a week after giving the speech (and long after the comedian Sinbad had disputed her recollections of the Bosnia trip), … and Pat Nixon visited Saigon in 1969 .

And here's the explanation that two Clinton aides who accompanied the First Lady gave last week in the New York Times.

Full article with several hyperlinks scattered within the text.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Apr 11, 2008 -> 08:02 AM)
Sounds like Bill is giving a good reason for not electing someone who's 60 (or 72) to office. They can't think and recall clearly at 11PM, let alone 3 AM.

He even got that wrong. As the article mentions, the speech where she gets 'busted' for the lie was given in the morning. He has made too many gaffes in this campaign. Seems odd for such a well-admired politician.

Here's the link that states he said all this unprompted.

Without being prompted, former president defended his wife Thursday over “sniper fire” comments saying she misspoke just once when she was “exhausted,” and flap was blown out of proportion.

Why would he want to keep this story alive when the MSM had pretty much stopped talking about it?