DEM Primaries/Candidates thread

NorthSideSox72

QUOTE(YASNY @ Nov 16, 2007 -> 12:56 PM)
I see it now, thank you. You saying that my response made you angry, and then following up with the sexist comment put me on the defensive to the point that I really didn't comprehend the crux of your text. My bad, NSS.

The fact that CNN is forcing questions, and worse, forcing insultingly vapid ones, is what made me angry.

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Nov 16, 2007 -> 12:59 PM)
The fact that CNN is forcing questions, and worse, forcing insultingly vapid ones, is what made me angry.

From another point of view, they threw her a get me over fastball, too. Consider that possibility as well. But, yes, I totally mistook where you were coming from.

QUOTE(YASNY @ Nov 16, 2007 -> 01:02 PM)
From another point of view, they threw her a get me over fastball, too. Consider that possibility as well. But, yes, I totally mistook where you were coming from.

I'd actually suggest that softball had some razor blades sticking out of it. Like I said, I think, ultimately, this picture being painted lately about her lady-ness is not going to help her. And I think that negative result will be among female voters, who want to see her be a candidate, not talking about diamonds versus pearls.

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Nov 16, 2007 -> 01:30 PM)
I'd actually suggest that softball had some razor blades sticking out of it. Like I said, I think, ultimately, this picture being painted lately about her lady-ness is not going to help her. And I think that negative result will be among female voters, who want to see her be a candidate, not talking about diamonds versus pearls.

Then she shouldn't have hid behind the gender card last week. She did, now she has to deal with it. We'll see how well she does.

QUOTE(Texsox @ Nov 16, 2007 -> 01:37 PM)
Diamonds or pearls was a sexist question.

Damn, Tex ... I did already admit to fact the I misread his remarks. I thought he was saying that I said something sexist and owned up to the fact that I screwed up. What more do you want?

QUOTE(Athomeboy_2000 @ Nov 16, 2007 -> 01:41 PM)
Edwards gets a $400 haircut and everyone goes crazy.

Hillary admits she wants BOTH pearls and diamonds and no one blinks an eye.

hmmm.....

Pearls and diamonds last. Haircuts just get shaggy in a few weeks.

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Nov 16, 2007 -> 01:45 PM)
Agreed. I think it ends up hurting her politically. And that would make me happy.

It's like a court of law, once a ceratin aspect is testified to by a witness, you have the right to question that witness ... especially the defendant, which seems to relate here in a way ... about whe was testified to. She brought it up. Now it's fair game. I have no sympathy that someone asked her a sexist question after she threw her sex into the equation.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Nov 16, 2007 -> 02:07 PM)
Diamond is only metastable at atmospheric pressure. Put enough heat in and your diamond goes back to coal!

Then you don't have to worry about an energy shortage. What's your point?

QUOTE(Athomeboy_2000 @ Nov 16, 2007 -> 02:03 PM)

I like the idea of a national technology czar or CTO. The only problem is that they have had a security head for technology for years, and its always a revolving door of people going through there. They go there, get their name, and then move out to the book and lecture circuit. Howard Schmidt is a perfect example.

QUOTE(Athomeboy_2000 @ Nov 16, 2007 -> 02:03 PM)

Great read. Good move on Obama's part to get ahead on these tech issues. I really like the overhaul of the indentured servants program (H-1B visa), network neutrality, and national broadband program.

Obama may not have the experience yet, and he may not win... but I have to say, I've liked him more and more as the campaign has gone on. He screws up here and there like everyone else, but, he looks to me like a real, actual future statesman. And I think he's got a more positive and more cooperative approach than most anyone in the race.

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Nov 16, 2007 -> 08:47 PM)
Obama may not have the experience yet, and he may not win... but I have to say, I've liked him more and more as the campaign has gone on. He screws up here and there like everyone else, but, he looks to me like a real, actual future statesman. And I think he's got a more positive and more cooperative approach than most anyone in the race.

I may not agree with all of his stances, but I do think he's got a bright future and has less skeletons then the rest.

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Nov 16, 2007 -> 02:47 PM)

I'n starting to like what I see. I think I would like a McCain - Obama choice.

QUOTE(YASNY @ Nov 16, 2007 -> 01:39 PM)
Damn, Tex ... I did already admit to fact the I misread his remarks. I thought he was saying that I said something sexist and owned up to the fact that I screwed up. What more do you want?

I was reading in order and thought that was the last post, I didn't see the rest of the thread until after I posted. I thought I deleted it before anyone saw it. Sorry.

QUOTE(Texsox @ Nov 17, 2007 -> 07:52 AM)
I was reading in order and thought that was the last post, I didn't see the rest of the thread until after I posted. I thought I deleted it before anyone saw it. Sorry.

No problem. It's happened to me too.