DEM Primaries/Candidates thread

NorthSideSox72

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Jan 9, 2008 -> 08:49 AM)
Edwards is killing Obama. There is no way that his 15% would have went mostly to Clinton.

I agree. I think if people wanted to vote for Hill, they would have been already. People are really passionate about Hillary one way or another. They are either really for her, or really against her. There is no way people would be switching to Clinton from Edwards, it would be to another candidate entirely.

QUOTE(Athomeboy_2000 @ Jan 9, 2008 -> 12:32 PM)
Obama just picked up the service workers union endorsement. No link, but i just heard it on MSNBC.

QUOTE(Athomeboy_2000 @ Jan 9, 2008 -> 01:27 PM)
culinary workers endorsed Obama,

Those are huge for Nevada.

It almost seems now like these early states are becoming a contest to get Edwards' votes. He may prefer to endorse whomever he thinks has the hot hand. Either candidate sweeping SC and NV would be huge for them.

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Jan 9, 2008 -> 12:33 PM)
Those are huge for Nevada.

It almost seems now like these early states are becoming a contest to get Edwards' votes. He may prefer to endorse whomever he thinks has the hot hand. Either candidate sweeping SC and NV would be huge for them.

I wonder how many of those culinary workers are eligible to vote?

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Jan 9, 2008 -> 12:41 PM)
Its a union. I am sure there are plenty of illegals working in those kitchens, but I bet they aren't union.

I don't think the unions care about the legality of the people when they take their dues. But stranger thnkgs have happened, I guess.

QUOTE(Alpha Dog @ Jan 9, 2008 -> 02:02 PM)
I don't think the unions care about the legality of the people when they take their dues. But stranger thnkgs have happened, I guess.

The unions work to get their folks benefits, certain legal rights, protection during strikes... and they like to have the voting bloc. None of those things can occur easily for illegals. Its possible there are some in there, but I'd guess most illegals don't join unions or anything else that would draw scrutiny.

QUOTE(Athomeboy_2000 @ Jan 9, 2008 -> 12:27 PM)
culinary workers endorsed Obama,

Can it be more obvious that CNN is on Clinton's payroll? Their online feed says that Hillary got the endorsement.

EDIT: They changed it now but come on. It was all over the blogs this morning that Obama was getting it. How are they so out of touch?

Edited by BigSqwert

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Jan 9, 2008 -> 11:12 AM)
Obama apparently raking in the cash - over a million dollars a day in the new year, including 500k in the first 12 hours of today (after losing NH).

Heck, after last night I'm this close to sending in money. I'm just so damn sick of having to vote for people who voted for this damn war...

QUOTE(Athomeboy_2000 @ Jan 9, 2008 -> 07:42 PM)
my wife and I probably will within the next week or 2.

It's a tax writeoff, correct?

It is NOT a tax writeoff.

Signed, Kap, CPA.

:lol:

Disclaimer: Yes, I'm a CPA. No, my real name's not Kap nor am I soliciting or conducting business of any kind under this name. It was free advice not to be relied upon for tax planning. :)

QUOTE(jasonxctf @ Jan 9, 2008 -> 09:09 PM)
IMO Bill was the best of the bunch. I hope he either (a) continues as govenor until 2010 when term limits kick in (B) gets a VP slot or © after the term limit, he enters the US Senate from NM. He's too good to waste.

He may end up someone's VP or, more likely, SecState or SecEnergy. If not, then yeah, I'd bet he goes for a Senate seat.

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Jan 9, 2008 -> 09:27 PM)
He may end up someone's VP or, more likely, SecState or SecEnergy. If not, then yeah, I'd bet he goes for a Senate seat.

If he runs for Senate, he wins the seat in a walk, and probably cuts a deal with Dean and Reid to immediately enter the leadership. With him in that open seat race, you could argue that a 4-6 seat pickup projection in the senate just became 5-7.