DEM Primaries/Candidates thread

NorthSideSox72

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Jan 16, 2008 -> 01:16 PM)
Which would indicate that Edwards' and Clinton's answers were the worst of the bunch - they basically said they get too involved, too emotional.

Basically, Obama gave the more honest but less politically savvy response. Edwards and Clinton gave the textbook responses.

I agree with this. But my point was what was heard in the ear of the beholder, to totally corrupt an old saying.

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Poll Date Sample Clinton Obama Edwards Spread

RCP Average 01/09 - 01/13 - 41.7 33.6 12.1 Clinton +8.1

USA Today/Gallup 01/11 - 01/13 1021 LV 45 33 13 Clinton +12.0

Reuters/Zogby 01/11 - 01/13 459 LV 39 38 9 Clinton +1.0

Hotline/FD 01/10 - 01/12 380 LV 38 35 13 Clinton +3.0

CBS News/NY Times 01/09 - 01/12 508 LV 42 27 11 Clinton +15.0

ABC/Wash Post 01/09 - 01/12 423 LV 42 37 11 Clinton +5.0

CNN 01/09 - 01/10 443 RV 49 36 12 Clinton +13.0

QUOTE(mr_genius @ Jan 16, 2008 -> 07:18 PM)
job interview:

Question: So, whats your biggest flaw?

Answer: That I work too hard and do to great a job.

:lolhitting

There's some truth to that... you never tell them a real weakness in a job interview unless you can make a strength out of it.

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Jan 16, 2008 -> 01:32 PM)
There's some truth to that... you never tell them a real weakness in a job interview unless you can make a strength out of it.

I think the public is really looking at honesty this election cycle. The 3 Dems are not that far apart on issues. Style and personality will go a long way.

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Jan 16, 2008 -> 01:35 PM)
I think the public is really looking at honesty this election cycle. The 3 Dems are not that far apart on issues. Style and personality will go a long way.

Yes, I agree. We've been cursed by that aspect since the Kennedy-Nixon debate.

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Jan 16, 2008 -> 01:31 PM)
I told you all that Clinton's got it locked up after N.H.

She may win, but no one has anything locked up yet. Not even close, in my view. Heck, I'm betting Obama takes SC and probably NV too (though NV will be very close), which gives him big mo going into Super Tuesday. And the national polls that had Clinton's lead in the 30's a couple months ago just keep shrinking, now down to single digits.

I think they are running about even right now, overall. The difference maker will be John Edwards. So if all three go to convention and neither Clinton nor Obama can get 50% (which seems very likely at this point), that means Edwards crowns the nominee.

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Jan 16, 2008 -> 01:38 PM)
Style and personality sure as hell didn't help us over the last 7 years, now did it? :lol:

Well, I don't think ANY of Bush, Gore or Kerry were particularly likeable personalities, and neither did a lot of the rest of the US, as I recall. This election actually has some more likeable candidates on both sides of the aisle.

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Jan 16, 2008 -> 01:42 PM)
As are the GOP candidates. Contrary to what some seem to think, none of these guys and gals are dummies.

I should have added "good orators". That includes the GOP candidates.

Had to get a dig at Bush at some point.

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Jan 16, 2008 -> 07:44 PM)
I should have added "good orators". That includes the GOP candidates.

Had to get a dig at Bush at some point.

QUOTE(YASNY @ Jan 16, 2008 -> 07:46 PM)
Maybe. I'd have to hear them pronounce 'nuclear' first. :D

:)

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Jan 16, 2008 -> 01:32 PM)

Definitely. Funny thing is they know they aren't getting the real answer to a question like that. It's kind of a "lets see how well they can bs an answer" type question :lol:

Edited by mr_genius

QUOTE(mr_genius @ Jan 16, 2008 -> 02:30 PM)
Definitely. Funny thing is they know they aren't getting the real answer to a question like that. It's kind of a "lets see how well they can bs an answer" type question :lol:

I guess I am not normal in this regard, but, when I interview people, I prefer a real answer. if I get too many well-polished shields for answers, I won't be hiring them. I know going in that people will not be perfect - but I'd rather they were straightforward about it.

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Jan 16, 2008 -> 02:33 PM)
I guess I am not normal in this regard, but, when I interview people, I prefer a real answer. if I get too many well-polished shields for answers, I won't be hiring them. I know going in that people will not be perfect - but I'd rather they were straightforward about it.

Hence why I rolled my eyes while listening to those responses last night.

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Jan 16, 2008 -> 08:33 PM)

Well, from experience, you can tell BS from polish. Polish, quick thinking business BS is an art. Trust me. :lol: But with that said, I guess it depends on your take when "interviewing" for POTUS.

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Jan 16, 2008 -> 02:57 PM)
Well, from experience, you can tell BS from polish. Polish, quick thinking business BS is an art. Trust me. :lol: But with that said, I guess it depends on your take when "interviewing" for POTUS.

Yeah, I guess I don't interview a lot of Presidential candidates. :lolhitting

I usually think that when asked a tough question, or one there is no good answer to, there is a way to be honest but still be smooth about it. Its an art few people have mastered, though.