DEM Primaries/Candidates thread

NorthSideSox72

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only reading, but it sounds from the commentary like Obama is taking a beating from both of them tonight and is on the defensive. He really needed a big win in this one tonight and it doesn't sound like he's going to get it. In other words, once again, it's over.

Consumer advocate Ralph Nader said on Monday he will decide soon on whether to make a another bid for the White House in 2008, eight years after playing a key role as a third party presidential candidate.

"I'll decide in about a month," he said in an interview broadcast on CBC Radio's Daybreak show in Montreal.

"What I'm deciding on right now is whether we can get enough volunteers, enough financial resources to overcome the huge ballot access obstacles, which you don't experience here in Canada, but which are the worst in the Western world in the United States," said Nader, who will turn 74 on February 27.

Nader/Paul 08!

QUOTE(Athomeboy_2000 @ Jan 21, 2008 -> 11:05 PM)
Talk about battle tested.. if Obama gets through this and WINS he can take on anything the Republicans will throw at him. The CLintons are JUST as bad as the republicans at dirty politics.

I agree. Look, I hope that Obama can pull through. I just give him about a -15% chance now. NH brought up the dirty s***, and that was all she wrote.

QUOTE(jasonxctf @ Jan 21, 2008 -> 09:01 PM)
obama isnt looking to hot right now. i'd say edwards is staying above the fray is a smart move

He needs to defend himself. THe Clinton's are on full assault mode and CLEARLY going out of their way to spread falsehoods and twists. He needs to stand up and say "hey, you arent telling the truth. Play fair."

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jan 21, 2008 -> 09:05 PM)
Only reading, but it sounds from the commentary like Obama is taking a beating from both of them tonight and is on the defensive. He really needed a big win in this one tonight and it doesn't sound like he's going to get it. In other words, once again, it's over.

Oh I think he came out and put Hillary in her place. She was trying so hard to beat him down, but he caller her and her husband ton what they are saying.

i LOVED the comment where Obama said he didn't know which of them he was running against.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jan 22, 2008 -> 03:05 AM)

Like I have been saying for months, hell, almost years, the Clinton Spin Machine is now in full gear. Lies? Distoritions? Inaccuracies? Who cares. It works. Get it through your thick heads, people, we have the Clintons back in the White House exactly one year from today.

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Jan 21, 2008 -> 10:52 PM)
Like I have been saying for months, hell, almost years, the Clinton Spin Machine is now in full gear. Lies? Distoritions? Inaccuracies? Who cares. It works. Get it through your thick heads, people, we have the Clintons back in the White House exactly one year from today.

Obama wont let them win without a fight. Most would curl up. Obama is proud, stands by his record and is ready to defend any attacks. CLintons have faced someone like this in a while.

QUOTE(Athomeboy_2000 @ Jan 21, 2008 -> 10:56 PM)
Obama wont let them win without a fight. Most would curl up. Obama is proud, stands by his record and is ready to defend any attacks. CLintons have faced someone like this in a while.

You do realize that Obama is a part of the acting, right? OF COURSE he's going to "put up a fight". He has to, because then Hillarity is EVEN MORE of a "good candidate" against the EVVVVVVVVVVVVVILLLLLLLLLLLLLL "right wing conspiracy"... she'll be "battle tested" and "ready for the real fight". Watch... this is how the media will portray it.

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Jan 21, 2008 -> 11:01 PM)
You do realize that Obama is a part of the acting, right? OF COURSE he's going to "put up a fight". He has to, because then Hillarity is EVEN MORE of a "good candidate" against the EVVVVVVVVVVVVVILLLLLLLLLLLLLL "right wing conspiracy"... she'll be "battle tested" and "ready for the real fight". Watch... this is how the media will portray it.

Talk about battle tested.. if Obama gets through this and WINS he can take on anything the Republicans will throw at him. The CLintons are JUST as bad as the republicans at dirty politics.

QUOTE(Reddy @ Jan 21, 2008 -> 10:33 PM)
though notice he says that on a level playing field Edwards would have won by a large margin

he rocked both Clinton and Obama tonight and stood out above the fray.

It's easy to stay above the fray when you are becoming as relevant as Kucinich.

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Jan 22, 2008 -> 07:32 AM)
It's easy to stay above the fray when you are becoming as relevant as Kucinich.

but he didn't after the first chunk - he got down and called out both clinton AND obama and neither had good answers to his criticisms. he was hot all night - end of story.

ps. i wish the news media cared, but MLK III sent John a letter telling him to keep fighting because he is carrying on MLK's dream and etc etc - hot s***.

QUOTE(Reddy @ Jan 22, 2008 -> 08:50 AM)
but he didn't after the first chunk - he got down and called out both clinton AND obama and neither had good answers to his criticisms. he was hot all night - end of story.

ps. i wish the news media cared, but MLK III sent John a letter telling him to keep fighting because he is carrying on MLK's dream and etc etc - hot s***.

I do agree that he performed quite well last night.

QUOTE(Reddy @ Jan 22, 2008 -> 08:50 AM)

What did MLK III have to say about Bill Clinton nodding off during his speech the other day?

Ok, I just want over the edge. I have now 100% contempt for Hillary (oh and her running mate Bill too). She just called a press conference to play victim of last nights debate. She says Obama came with "clearly rehearsed lines". She claimed Obama was "confused" and was saying she was the one attacking him about his Reagan comments even though it was Bill. Hillary, you cant pull this "good cop, bad cop" crap. He is part of your campaign and your biggest supporter. What he says... you are saying. He lied... therefor you lied. If you REALLY wanted him to be nice, you could, but you don't want to. He does all the dirty work while you call press conferences to be clean and nice and "above the fray". you are not above the fray, you ARE the fray. She said he is frustrated. Of course he is! I'd be pretty pissed off if an opponent was spreading out right lies about me. Go to hell Hillary. I was willing to vote for you until yesterday and today threw me over the edge. I hate you. I hate your campaign. and i hope Obama drills you into the ground. You DESERVE to lose the election. You are not worthy to be president of the united states. your lies and distortion are NO different that what the Bush administration has been doing for the past 7 years. You, Hillary, are a disgrace.

Edited by Athomeboy_2000

The Obama campaign held a conference call to announce the South Carolina Truth Squad “to respond forcefully” to “the incredible distortions that are coming from the Clinton campaign in particular and our desire to set the record straight,” said former Sen. Tom Daschle, an Obama supporter, from Greenville, S.C., where Obama is expected to speak at Furman College later today.

Daschle cited that “Bill Clinton this morning again” was distorting Obama’s record on the war and what Obama had said about Republicans.

“Over and over again,” Daschle said, “we find the Clinton campaign has made an overt effort to distort his [Obama’s] record.”

The campaign also announced a hotline (877-622-6228) for supporters to call if they get robo-calls or negative mailers, which the campaign has said happened in Iowa, New Hampshire and alluded to it now taking place in South Carolina.

LINK