DEM Primaries/Candidates thread

NorthSideSox72

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Athomeboy_2000 @ Jan 25, 2008 -> 10:28 AM)
She doesnt even have the NUTS to put this on her webpage. Need to put it at a separate URL with a small little thing in the corner that says "Paid for by Hillary Clinton for President".

Check out the lower right hand corner of the webpage.

QUOTE(Reddy @ Jan 25, 2008 -> 10:38 AM)
as usual, Edwards making a late surge (up to 19.2% RCP Average) but it's not gonna be enough to grab 2nd.

why do people wait so god damned long to realize their best option? lol

And this is in his "home country" (not state, but close enough) and he's fighting for votes? Shouldn't be that way, if he were a true frontrunner/leader.

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Jan 25, 2008 -> 10:40 AM)
And this is in his "home country" (not state, but close enough) and he's fighting for votes? Shouldn't be that way, if he were a true frontrunner/leader.

he's not a true frontrunner anymore - the media made that certain.

as usual, Edwards making a late surge (up to 19.2% RCP Average) but it's not gonna be enough to grab 2nd.

why do people wait so god damned long to realize their best option? lol

actually, last I saw there is about 15% undecided. Edwards can make this close. I kinda hope he does. Wouldnt mind Hillary in 3rd. but also as we were just discussing, a strong representation by Edwards could help Obama at convention time.

It might be. Edwards is trending up, Clinton trending down, and remember too - Clinton left SC for most of the week, and it ws all over the press.

QUOTE(Reddy @ Jan 25, 2008 -> 10:40 AM)
he's not a true frontrunner anymore - the media made that certain.

No, John Edwards made that certain.

Just saw on MSNBC that the Clinton campaign is trying to start a movement to count the Florida delegates. This is in direct opposition to the rules layed out by the DNC and a pledge she herself made. Now she is trying to pin Edwards and Obama into support the movement. Why does she want them to count? Well, no one has campaigned there... she is winning by a lot... so she wants the delegates! What a sleaze bag!

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Jan 25, 2008 -> 10:56 AM)
It might be. Edwards is trending up, Clinton trending down, and remember too - Clinton left SC for most of the week, and it ws all over the press.

No, John Edwards made that certain.

are we really going to make this argument again?

EVERYBODY agrees that the media hasn't covered him fairly - end of story.

dude i mean in reality Richardson, Biden and Dodd were all better candidates than the big 3, but the media didn't give a s*** about them so no one knew who they were. thats the way this american politics thing works.

QUOTE(Reddy @ Jan 25, 2008 -> 10:15 AM)
are we really going to make this argument again?

EVERYBODY agrees that the media hasn't covered him fairly - end of story.

Yeah, you'd think that finishing 2nd in Iowa would certainly have garnered him more coverage pre-N.H. than what he actually got. That analysis I posted a few pages ago suggests that he was basically at the Ron Paul level of invisibility in the press before NH IIRC.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jan 25, 2008 -> 12:26 PM)
Yeah, you'd think that finishing 2nd in Iowa would certainly have garnered him more coverage pre-N.H. than what he actually got. That analysis I posted a few pages ago suggests that he was basically at the Ron Paul level of invisibility in the press before NH IIRC.

The "talking points" in the media following iowa were...

1) Obama's big upset... a bounce into NH?

2) Hillary's fall into 3rd.... how could she fall so far?

3) Clinton Cries...

They apparently didnt realize that when one finishes first and one finishes 3rd... there's still someone in between! I 100% agree that Edwards has not been given a fair deal in the media.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jan 25, 2008 -> 11:35 AM)
Russ Feingold (a big name amongst a lot of activists in this party) rips Edwards.

this is the second article of the day ripping Edwards for his changing of positions. but here's what i think:

as a first term senator he wasn't trying to make waves, he wasn't trying to be revolutionary, he was trying to figure out this senate thing and he went along to get along. so yes, maybe that was a mistake in retrospect now that he's running for president - but i dont think he was initially intending on only having one term in the senate. also, the guy has stated that he regrets all that stuff - and i believe him because i think at the time he wasn't voting his conscience just like EVERY OTHER DEMOCRAT in the senate. I mean, for the love of god, at least he regrets it and has verbally stated this. Clinton STILL hasn't said she regrets voting for the war etc etc. I respect someone a whole lot more who takes responsibility for their mistakes and wants to make amends than someone who claims not to have made them in the first place.

QUOTE(Athomeboy_2000 @ Jan 25, 2008 -> 08:39 AM)
Politicians pose with people all the time. More research will have to be done, but it is a distinct possibility that it is a fluke.

It probably is, but the mere fact that he has a picture with them makes me laugh. People in glasshouses shouldn't throw stones, so the Clintons should probably put the bolders away.

It's one thing to s***-sling... everyone does. It's another thing for Hillary to s***-sling with false information. It's getting to the point that if she becomes the democratic nominee I'll have to seriously think about voting for a republican (if that's the case please be McCain).

The problem is America is filled with idiots who will take Hillary at her word without fact checking. I pray that Obama can win the DEM bid.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jan 25, 2008 -> 12:32 PM)
It probably is, but the mere fact that he has a picture with them makes me laugh. People in glasshouses shouldn't throw stones, so the Clintons should probably put the bolders away.

The Clintons have freaking PLANETS (not boulders, not stones) that they should put away.

QUOTE(Athomeboy_2000 @ Jan 25, 2008 -> 11:53 AM)
Just saw on MSNBC that the Clinton campaign is trying to start a movement to count the Florida delegates. This is in direct opposition to the rules layed out by the DNC and a pledge she herself made. Now she is trying to pin Edwards and Obama into support the movement. Why does she want them to count? Well, no one has campaigned there... she is winning by a lot... so she wants the delegates! What a sleaze bag!

Linky Linky

Jon Chait in the LAT with an Op-ed worth noting on the Clinton Obama stuff from this week.

Something strange happened the other day. All these different people -- friends, co-workers, relatives, people on a liberal e-mail list I read -- kept saying the same thing: They've suddenly developed a disdain for Bill and Hillary Clinton. Maybe this is just a coincidence, but I think we've reached an irrevocable turning point in liberal opinion of the Clintons.

The sentiment seems to be concentrated among Barack Obama supporters. Going into the campaign, most of us liked Hillary Clinton just fine, but the fact that tens of millions of Americans are seized with irrational loathing for her suggested that she might not be a good Democratic nominee. But now that loathing seems a lot less irrational. We're not frothing Clinton haters like ... well, name pretty much any conservative. We just really wish they'd go away.

Read the whole thing.

Look who's at it again... Hillary just stood on stage in Tenn. and said "look at this broad cross section of people". What a subtle jab at Obama. She is already trying to marginalize his victory. Basically saying "well, it's the blacks, but look at all the people that support me".

Edited by Athomeboy_2000

QUOTE(Rex Kicka** @ Jan 26, 2008 -> 09:17 PM)
Actually, its her trying to save face. She hardly mentioned tonight's contest. She spent a lot of resources and couldn't even score half the votes Obama got. Hillary's support is actually pretty soft.

Oh, RLY? :lol:

Super Duper Orgasmic WINNAR Tuesday will be it... or something.