DEM Primaries/Candidates thread

NorthSideSox72

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Steve9347 @ Feb 4, 2008 -> 06:52 PM)
Tomorrow should be very entertaining regardless... hope I don't have to be in a s***ty mood before bed.

In your time zone, unless you go to sleep pretty darn late, the odds of that are low. Because California could quite literally come down to the district by district counts, and there's no way that kind of detail will be available early in the evening.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Feb 4, 2008 -> 08:54 PM)
In your time zone, unless you go to sleep pretty darn late, the odds of that are low. Because California could quite literally come down to the district by district counts, and there's no way that kind of detail will be available early in the evening.

I've got XBOX Live to keep me entertained until they finalize. I won't be going to bed until I know what went down.

QUOTE(Steve9347 @ Feb 4, 2008 -> 06:58 PM)
I've got XBOX Live to keep me entertained until they finalize. I won't be going to bed until I know what went down.

Piece of advice then...plan for your caffeine supply early. Because it's going to be a LONG night.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Feb 4, 2008 -> 09:02 PM)
Piece of advice then...plan for your caffeine supply early. Because it's going to be a LONG night.

For sure. I only have to be up at 6:30 to get ready for work, so if I'm in bed by 5am ill be alright. :bang

QUOTE(knightni @ Feb 5, 2008 -> 01:58 PM)
Heh.

We're turning you into an American.

:P

Let's just say I have a vested interest in who your next President is (after the debacle that has been Bush, and most people outside of the U.S would say that). We are allies after all. :aussie:

QUOTE(Athomeboy_2000 @ Feb 5, 2008 -> 12:37 PM)
Clinton campaign wants more debates!

I think they want Obama debating so he has less time to campaign. Campaigning erodes Hillary's support wherever he goes.

I think you're wrong on that last part, and I'll point to N.H. as the example.

But in terms of their motivation, here's an alternate one...their campaign is out of money and needs any free air time it can get.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Feb 5, 2008 -> 06:13 PM)
I think you're wrong on that last part, and I'll point to N.H. as the example.

But in terms of their motivation, here's an alternate one...their campaign is out of money and needs any free air time it can get.

They aren't out of money. But they're behind in the money race.

There is a good chance a Sox fan will be running for President in November. The momentum is with Obama as he won a slim victory on super Tuesday and really closed the gap even in states he lost. He did really well in states he spent time in. He will have time to visit more of the states that have upcoming primaries. He is doubling the Clintons' fund raising and will have more money to get his message to the people. He has mobilized a ton of ordinary people sending in $25-100 bucks and making phone calls. This guy is the real deal with a grass roots movement. He is having the impact on the younger generation that JFK had on his.

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Feb 6, 2008 -> 09:12 AM)
You are really into physical appearance when it comes to candidates.

Nixon lost to Kennedy, in part, because he sweated like Mike Tyson in a spelling bee during their televised debate. We want our president looking "Presidential". Confident, strong, etc.