Official 2007 NFL Draft Thread

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting first day. I don't know what to think about it, not a Wolfe fan (like his speed, absolutely dispise his size and I'd have prefered Michael Bush who I think is a stud) and I'm not too sure what to think about the LB from Stanford or the DE in the 2nd (simply because the team didn't need a DE).

I love the first pick though.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Apr 28, 2007 -> 10:21 PM)
Interesting first day. I don't know what to think about it, not a Wolfe fan (like his speed, absolutely dispise his size and I'd have prefered Michael Bush who I think is a stud) and I'm not too sure what to think about the LB from Stanford or the DE in the 2nd (simply because the team didn't need a DE).

I love the first pick though.

I'm one of Wolfe's biggest supporters, but I kind of thought he was a reach in the 3rd, especially with Bush on the board (who should have stayed in school IMO). The thing that concerns me with wolfe is his ability to stay healthy. Nobody can doubt his speed or what he did in college though, I don't care who he played against.

Don't know anything about the LB, I was hoping for Doug Free. Kind of disapointed the Bears didn't improve the line.

QUOTE(Soxfest @ Apr 28, 2007 -> 09:37 PM)
Both of the Bears 3rd round picks could of been had in 4th or 5th round! :angry:

Doubt it, Angelo does a great job of picking out these talented guys and while other teams think they can wait and get them later Angelo gets them while he can and those teams end up taking lesser players.

Wolfe was actually nowhere near as much of a reach as the Stanford RB. Most people had Wolfe as a 4 or 5 and the Stanford LB was a 6 or 7 in some peoples minds. Anyways, Wolfe is a fast guy that can catch and block extremely well and will be a threat alongside Hester in the kick return game (since they'll never kick to #23 anyways now). 3rd down back with speed and can be a tough pill to swallow when you kick away from Devin, it actually fits well what the Bears need (now Cedric has to stay healthy).

Bears FLEECED San Diego in that trade, so I thought they had a very good day until the LB pick. But then again I HATED our draft last year, and look how that worked out....

Josh Beekman...

Seems like a solid guard pick.

Overall: Beekman was redshirted in 2002. He saw action in all 13 games in 2003, was plugged into the starting lineup twice, and played on special teams registering two tackles. In 2004, Beekman took over as the starting right guard for the entire season (12 games). He once again started all 12 games at right guard in 2005. Beekman started all 13 games as a senior in 2006, 10 at guard and three at center.

Beekman is a far better run blocker than he is a pass blocker but he has the size, strength, toughness and balance to develop into an every-down starting offensive guard in the NFL. He also showed some versatility playing center as a senior. Beekman projects as one of the top-five offensive guard prospects in this year's class and should come off the board no later than the third round.

Edited by knightni

Beekman is very solid good pick.

I got tired of the poor BQ saga Saturday.............come to my private room NFL commish said, ALL week he wanted media attention. BQ is a buster and NEVER won a big game when it counted most. I loved what happened thank the stars he did not last for the Bears.

Kevin Payne

S | (6'0", 220, 4.6) | LOUISIANA MONROE

Overall: Payne was redshirted in 2002. He then started all 12 games as a redshirt freshman in 2003 at running back, carried 248 times for 976 yards (3.9 average) and six touchdowns, caught 41 passes for 488 yards (11.9 average) and three more scores, completed a 35-yard touchdown pass, was selected to the All-Sun Belt second team, and was named the conference's Freshman of the Year. In 2004, he played in eight of 11 games with seven starts before breaking his arm against North Texas which ended his season. For the year, Payne carried 74 times for 261 yards (3.5 yards) and two touchdowns, and caught 12 passes for 103 yards (8.6 average) and one more touchdown. He moved to safety during spring practice in 2005 and then started all 11 contests in the fall, earning second team All-Sun Belt honors, and recorded 87 total tackles, four tackles for loss, ...

Chris Harris knows him I bet.

Corey Graham

CB | (5'11", 195, 4.43) | NEW HAMPSHIRE

Overall: Graham saw action in nine games as a true freshman in 2003 eventually taking over as a starter due to injuries and collected 47 total tackles, and three interceptions. In 2004, he registered 110 total tackles, four interceptions including one returned for a touchdown, 17 passes defended, three forced fumbles, and one fumble recovery. Graham then earned second team All-Atlantic 10 honors in 2005 as a defensive back and kick returner after finishing with 104 total tackles, three interceptions, nine passes defended, and two fumble recoveries. In 2006, Graham started the first seven contests and collected 41 total tackles, two interceptions, and one pass defended before suffering a broken fibula that ended his season. Over the past three seasons, Graham has returned 65 kickoffs for 1,757 yards (27 average) and two touchdowns and he also returned 10 punts for 102 yards (10 average) and one touchdown in 2006.
Edited by knightni

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Apr 29, 2007 -> 11:48 AM)
I just want to say that I believe Michael Bush will be the steal of this draft.

Raiders have done very well. They got a stud QB, a real steal in a RB (who will start for them by next year) and got rid of a problem child while seeing if they could take advantage of Mike Williams (and I think he's got a good chance to maybe re-emerge with Kiffin).

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Apr 29, 2007 -> 02:32 PM)
Raiders have done very well. They got a stud QB, a real steal in a RB (who will start for them by next year) and got rid of a problem child while seeing if they could take advantage of Mike Williams (and I think he's got a good chance to maybe re-emerge with Kiffin).

I can easily see Mike Williams turning it around under Kiffin.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Apr 29, 2007 -> 01:48 PM)
I just want to say that I believe Michael Bush will be the steal of this draft.

I would of loved the Bears to have taken him when they took Garrett Wolfe. Darnell Autry anyone?