Official 2007 NFL Draft Thread

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ May 1, 2007 -> 06:35 PM)
I highly doubt that. The chance of a 3rd round pick getting cut is real real low.

Agreed. No way Wolfe is getting cut, he was drafted to be a receiving back on 3rd down.

Frankly, much like a few others here...I don't get the fascination with Wolfe. Fast? Yes, but not blow your socks off fast. Productive? Yea, but against arguably 2nd tier competition. Basically any positive said about him can be followed with a but. To me, that's not a good sign. Factor that in along with his size, and one's gotta wonder if he can hack it in the NFL.

Obviously I trust Angelo when it comes to later round draft picks, maybe he sees some Warrick Dunn in Wolfe? Who knows. All I know is I would have grabbed someone like Pittman or Lorenzo Booker (who I believe was taken right before the Bears pick).

QUOTE(RockRaines @ May 1, 2007 -> 03:14 PM)
Darius Walker has a better chance to make this team than Wolfe IMO.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

An UFA is the favorite over a 1st day pick to make a team that has 2 returning tailbacks? Outstanding.

QUOTE(Fotop @ May 1, 2007 -> 07:46 PM)
Frankly, much like a few others here...I don't get the fascination with Wolfe. Fast? Yes, but not blow your socks off fast. Productive? Yea, but against arguably 2nd tier competition. Basically any positive said about him can be followed with a but. To me, that's not a good sign. Factor that in along with his size, and one's gotta wonder if he can hack it in the NFL.

Obviously I trust Angelo when it comes to later round draft picks, maybe he sees some Warrick Dunn in Wolfe? Who knows. All I know is I would have grabbed someone like Pittman or Lorenzo Booker (who I believe was taken right before the Bears pick).

Wolfe is going to be exactly what Angelo wants, IF he stays healthy. Like I said, Wolfe's fate is based hand in hand on if Benson is what the Bears think he is. If Benson is really good, Wolfe will be a steal pick, if he's not and Wolfe has to carry it 20 times....forget it.

QUOTE(Sonik22 @ May 1, 2007 -> 06:50 PM)
Agreed. No way Wolfe is getting cut, he was drafted to be a receiving back on 3rd down.

Great. The kid will be hurt very quickly. Maybe he'll make the squad, but he may be unable to perform.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ May 2, 2007 -> 09:17 AM)
Great. The kid will be hurt very quickly. Maybe he'll make the squad, but he may be unable to perform.

I think another thing that everyone is forgetting is that Wolfe will also be a saftey valve on kickoffs for if they kick away from Hester. The will put him back there, and let him run in the open field. He isnt hester, but he can miss some tackles and turn it into a good thing.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ May 2, 2007 -> 09:58 AM)
I think another thing that everyone is forgetting is that Wolfe will also be a saftey valve on kickoffs for if they kick away from Hester. The will put him back there, and let him run in the open field. He isnt hester, but he can miss some tackles and turn it into a good thing.

I thought they drafted one of the 5th rounders for that purpose.

riddle me dumb though.

QUOTE(Fotop @ May 1, 2007 -> 08:46 PM)

Angelo explicitly compared him to Dunn, in fact.

I didn't like the pick, but then, I didn't like the Hester choice, either. I'm willing to trust Angelo on this.

QUOTE(jackie hayes @ May 2, 2007 -> 10:08 AM)
Angelo explicitly compared him to Dunn, in fact.

I didn't like the pick, but then, I didn't like the Hester choice, either. I'm willing to trust Angelo on this.

He is a fine change of game back from Benson. I will like him more than Jones if he does do that monkey shake Jones did after every catch.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ May 2, 2007 -> 09:58 AM)

Im just wondering what your basis is for this..

IIRC, he didnt return a kick off or punt ever while at Northern Illinois

QUOTE(Shadows @ May 2, 2007 -> 11:00 AM)

Apparently he wanted to do so, but they decided as a team to keep him fresher for the offensive situations by not doing it.

QUOTE(Shadows @ May 2, 2007 -> 11:00 AM)

He was recruited originally as a kick return guy, and returned kicks in 2004 until our starter at the time, A.J. Harris, got hurt and he took his job. He's never returned punts though, although that's not releveant with Devin on the team.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ May 2, 2007 -> 09:17 AM)
Great. The kid will be hurt very quickly.

He'll be banged up a lot, but he'll play. Anybody that signs liability waivers before games is willing to play through pain. He missed 4 games (I think it was 4, but either way it was only about a month) with a complete MCL tear. He's not going to get hurt getting 1/10th the touches on the Bears that he did here.